The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 1 Week Ago
Michaelt55 Michaelt55 is offline
Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: RICHMOND, TX
Posts: 11
Question Q: Watt-link replacement or upgrade?

Whats the opinion of the group as far as replacing the Watts Link that Saleen placed on the PJ? I dont think mine had the TSB repair done so I am thinking about replacing it prior to failure. Most people like the Whiteline product, but I see some other ones such as Steeda, BMR, etc.

Give me your opinion, especially if you replaced yours with that brand. I am leaning towards Whiteline.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 1 Week Ago
Jason @ 281m's Avatar
Jason @ 281m Jason @ 281m is online now
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 4,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelt55 View Post
Whats the opinion of the group as far as replacing the Watts Link that Saleen placed on the PJ? I dont think mine had the TSB repair done so I am thinking about replacing it prior to failure. Most people like the Whiteline product, but I see some other ones such as Steeda, BMR, etc.

Give me your opinion, especially if you replaced yours with that brand. I am leaning towards Whiteline.
Well my opinion will come off biased, but its also based on merit of experience. Nothing compares to the engineering behind the Cortex unit. If you are supercharged you really want to consider the torque arm. These Saleen's have so much lost in Fords inherit design of the 3 link rear end and the lateral power curve the supercharger makes and managing that torque. The car does a terrible job and many have thought a control arm replacement helps, but changing the upper isnt the answer either.

If you want the best roll center correction, Cortex is the way to go hands down. They also offer the proper accompanying products that tie it all together to make your car dig in the ground, manage the torque and remain as compliant as you can get an S197.
__________________
Jason | 281 Motorsports

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: sales@281m.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf


"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 1 Week Ago
seelye76's Avatar
seelye76 seelye76 is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brimfield, IL
Posts: 867
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
Well my opinion will come off biased, but its also based on merit of experience. Nothing compares to the engineering behind the Cortex unit. If you are supercharged you really want to consider the torque arm. These Saleen's have so much lost in Fords inherit design of the 3 link rear end and the lateral power curve the supercharger makes and managing that torque. The car does a terrible job and many have thought a control arm replacement helps, but changing the upper isnt the answer either.

If you want the best roll center correction, Cortex is the way to go hands down. They also offer the proper accompanying products that tie it all together to make your car dig in the ground, manage the torque and remain as compliant as you can get an S197.
I agree with Jason.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 1 Week Ago
jrcalvin jrcalvin is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Farmington, Utah
Posts: 217
Default Watts Link

I also agree with Jason. The prices between Whiteline and Cortex is similar so Cortex is the way to go for long term additional handling mods,
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 6 Days Ago
Jason @ 281m's Avatar
Jason @ 281m Jason @ 281m is online now
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 4,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcalvin View Post
I also agree with Jason. The prices between Whiteline and Cortex is similar so Cortex is the way to go for long term additional handling mods,
Not even just cost, overall Cortex is a much better engineered part.
__________________
Jason | 281 Motorsports

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: sales@281m.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf


"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 6 Days Ago
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Penn
Posts: 12,027
Default

We have a few archived threads on the forum with regards to S197 platform watt-links.

If your main use is street driving and if you don't want to alter your PJ Edition, the Whiteline kit will offer reversibility and if you refinish some of the silver Whiteline parts with Rust-oleum Cherry Red paint, it will even look kinda' Saleen-ish.

Best to you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 6 Days Ago
Dave's Avatar
Dave Dave is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Penn
Posts: 12,027
Default

PS: If your PJ has the rear black support bar that connects the passenger frame rail to the drivers frame rail, then you probably have the TSB parts installed.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 6 Days Ago
Jason @ 281m's Avatar
Jason @ 281m Jason @ 281m is online now
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 4,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
We have a few archived threads on the forum with regards to S197 platform watt-links.

If your main use is street driving and if you don't want to alter your PJ Edition, the Whiteline kit will offer reversibility and if you refinish some of the silver Whiteline parts with Rust-oleum Cherry Red paint, it will even look kinda' Saleen-ish.

Best to you.
Hey Dave, FYI...the Cortex is a bolt on (reversible) as well. We only weld them on in our shop for insured durability.
__________________
Jason | 281 Motorsports

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: sales@281m.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf


"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 5 Days Ago
Michaelt55 Michaelt55 is offline
Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: RICHMOND, TX
Posts: 11
Default

so guess I will go with Cortex. Anybody used their watts link with the Xtreme-Grip Torque Arm System? Seems like a good way to go... Now if I can find someone who can put it o and adjust it right in Houston.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 5 Days Ago
Jason @ 281m's Avatar
Jason @ 281m Jason @ 281m is online now
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 4,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelt55 View Post
so guess I will go with Cortex. Anybody used their watts link with the Xtreme-Grip Torque Arm System? Seems like a good way to go... Now if I can find someone who can put it o and adjust it right in Houston.
Hey Michael,

We almost always try to install the torque arm with the watts. There is some nuances we've learned about with how compliant that torque arm makes the rear end. If you want to purchase those parts from us id be glad to walk you through them.

Install is pretty simple, if your shop needs help, we encourage them to call us, or you could ship your car to us, its pretty cheap.. Barricade did and he paid $450.
__________________
Jason | 281 Motorsports

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: sales@281m.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf


"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 5 Days Ago
Michaelt55 Michaelt55 is offline
Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: RICHMOND, TX
Posts: 11
Default

thats pretty cheap for transport, so that must be each way. If it is that cheap, I would consider that to be a possibility.....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 5 Days Ago
Jason @ 281m's Avatar
Jason @ 281m Jason @ 281m is online now
Senior Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fullerton, California
Posts: 4,684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelt55 View Post
thats pretty cheap for transport, so that must be each way. If it is that cheap, I would consider that to be a possibility.....
Yup, each way. What a lot of clients do is ship their cars to us to be built and then fly in and drive them home.
__________________
Jason | 281 Motorsports

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2002 Saleen Speedster #02-346
2007 Roush TrakPak-Race car
2015 Mustang GT

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: sales@281m.com
Web: www.saleenspeedlab.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf


"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:30 PM.


Orders placed through these advertiser links help to support SOEC and this website.

Tire Rack Wheel Clearance

When you buy one Valeo® ULTIMATE™ Wiper Blade from Tire Rack, you'll get one free!

Dunlop $50 Rebate


| SOEC.ORG | ABOUT SOEC | MEMBERSHIP | SHOWROOM | LITERATURE | VEHICLE PRODUCTION | THE SALEEN TRADER | SALEEN AUTOMOTIVE | CONTACT SOEC | SOEC @ FACEBOOK |


All Original Content Copyright © 1991-2021 Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club, LLC (SOEC). All Rights Reserved.
SOEC is the official independent, non-profit organization for owners and enthusiasts of vehicles by Steve Saleen and Saleen Automotive, Inc.