The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2009
Administrator

Exclamation Saleen Warranties Dissolve As Former Owner Ceases Operations

Saleen Warranties Dissolve As Former Owner Ceases Operations

Saleen Inc., amidst financial distress, ceases operations and leaves Saleen vehicles and its owners without warranties

Breaking News -- March 06, 2009
by Jim Dvorak, Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club, www.soec.org

Today, all certified Saleen and Racecraft dealers were sent a letter from MJ Acquisitions, Inc., the new caretakers of the Saleen brand.

And like most stories these days, there is often good news and bad news -- and this story is no different.

The Good News
MJ Acquisitions, consisting of an experienced and energetic staff who are very familiar with the Saleen brand, will continue to provide service parts, performance parts, accessories and letters of authentication to support Saleen and Racecraft vehicle owners well into the future.

The Bad News
Those Saleen and Racecraft owners needing dealer-provided in-warranty repairs of Saleen components are likely to incur an unforeseen out-of-pocket cost that my not be reimbursed, due to unfortunate circumstances with the financial condition of the brand's former owners, Saleen, Inc.

Bad News Backgrounder
After announcing it was seeking a buyer last Fall due to the recent and current economic conditions, Saleen, Inc. -- a company majority-owned by Hancock Park Associates -- was on a direct path to cease all operations for public business as of February 01, 2009. After a brief period of negotiations, MJ Acquisitions stepped-in as a bailout action and purchased certain assets of Saleen, Inc. on January 30, 2009. This transaction was an effort to keep the brand from becoming completely extinct.

The now-former owner of the brand, Saleen, Inc., has just announced it has ceased all operations. Saleen, Inc. is responsible for warranties existing before February 2, 2009, and thus regrettably it has been announced that they are now unable to honor any warranties on any of its parts, services, and vehicles including cars, trucks, and aftermarket parts prior to this date. All inquiries regarding these and other financial claims for Saleen, Inc. should go to Jaimee L. Witten of Bodman LLP at (313) 392-1045.

Furthermore, it has been stated that Saleen, Inc. is responsible for parts and labor costs on all vehicles with a remaining Saleen, Inc.-backed factory warranty – those currently in the hands of owners, as well as those that may remain on showroom floors.

MJ Acquisitions, the “new Saleen,” will continue to sell parts to the certified dealers, at a discount, to allow dealers to service their existing inventory and customer vehicles. It will, however, be the dealer's responsibility to contact the representative of Saleen, Inc. at the number above to obtain any reimbursement for parts and labor costs associated with the repair of a Saleen or Racecraft vehicle manufactured by Saleen, Inc.

It was further emphasized in the letter to dealers:
"MJ Acquisitions, Inc. is not responsible or obligated to cover warranties and/or any financial liabilities of Saleen, Inc."
It was also expressed that the team at MJ Acquisitions does apologize for the hardship this places on its valued customers, and they understand that this will impact all parties, as it would with any automotive manufacturer closing its doors.

A Little More Good News
Parts purchased from MJ Acquisitions, on or after February 2, 2009, will have a 12 month/12,000 mile limited warranty against manufacturer defects.

MJ Acquisitions, Inc., as the new caretakers of the Saleen brand, has a dedicated staff of “Saleen-bred” professionals who are knowledgeable about Saleen, Racecraft, and Mustang products, and are eager to help.

And the balance of your Ford-covered components and their related warranty remains intact.

How to reach MJ Acquisitions and Saleen Speedlab
To order parts or authentication letters, call Speedlab at 1-800-888-8945, option 2
Many parts, accessories, and apparel are available on the Speedlab eBay store at: http://stores.shop.ebay.com/SALEEN-SPEEDLAB
For technical assistance, call 1-800-888-8945, option 4
An Optimistic Future
The team at MJ Acquisitions asked that the Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club help spread the word that the existing Saleen, Racecraft and Speedlab product line will continue to be supported, and new product development is already underway. Market testing is being done on future vehicles, and news on future plans and products will be forthcoming.

###

Link to this forum at:

http://www.saleenwarranty.org

Old 03-06-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

And if you think this is cool just wait till next month!
Old 03-06-2009
Account with Invalid Email

hahahahah cant say they didnt do it to themselves with all the freakin models they tried to push out, and ruind the whole UNIQUENESS of SALEEN

Id still like a scenic roof installd? wonder who would do that? dont like the other aftermarket one with the rearbrake light,
Old 03-06-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

As I wipe the sweat off my brow. . .
Old 03-06-2009
SOEC Member

Wow, I Guess It's Good Mine Will Be Out In 5 Months, Or 30k Miles, Whichever Comes First.

Jason VIlla
'06 SALEEN SC S281 # 464 white/black
'93 Jeep Wrangler 4:1 5.13s 36s
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 03-06-2009

so, this confirms that Saleen inc. has officially stolen money from thousands of owners?

How you ask? The cost of the warranty rolled in the price of a vehicle. So, I paid for a service, but there is no guarantee it will be honored. That is theft...in a way.

I anxiously await the class action lawsuit.

Additionally, is there a link to an official press release on this?
Old 03-06-2009
SOEC Member

This Shouldn't Affect The Ford Portion Of The Warranty, Ie Driveline And Trim Etc, Just Saleen Parts Such As Body Panels, Lovers, Super Chargers Etc. Correct?

Jason VIlla
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 03-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-464 View Post
This Shouldn't Affect The Ford Portion Of The Warranty, Ie Driveline And Trim Etc, Just Saleen Parts Such As Body Panels, Lovers, Super Chargers Etc. Correct?

You think if a driveline part goes bad that Ford isnt going to try and blame it on the saleen supercharger or the saleen tune?
Old 03-06-2009
SOEC Member

I will be taking orders for all Saleen owners who want to purchase spare/replacemnt parts. I am still currently able to fill orders, and guarantee the best prices. If you need something, or just want extras of something, contact me on here, at DrumSTW3@msn.com, or call me at 240-432-2223.

Let's call it an acquisition sale...
Old 03-06-2009
SOEC Member

So, did Saleen Inc File for Bankruptcy? If so, I don't quite understand why that wasn't stated in the press release - you can't just "cease operations" and leave creditors (thats us, with warranties) out to dry.

If they are filing bankrupcty - then yes, those of us with warranties need to get organised, find a lawyer who will handle us as a "class", and get in line for a slice of whatever pie there is...

Chris.

ps - I am also trying not to let this sour me on the cars - I took a long drive in the S302E today, and had a big grin on my face the whole time! Lets not let these "corporate" issues damage the feelings for the cars themselves...

Last edited by ctann; 03-06-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: add ps
Old 03-07-2009
SOEC Member

Count me in on any class action suit that is organized. I have purchased 2 new Saleens over the past 3 or 4 years. It has been nothing but a headache dealing with Saleen even including ordering a tshirt from them. If it hadn't been for Pati Reard back then, I wouldn't have gotten anything done through their company. It began with trying to get the gift certificates. NOBODY that I dealt with other than Pati could get anything done. Other than Pati, Jess Albright helped me get my supercharger replaced a few months ago. Basically, without SOEC , Saleen owners were stranded. I have invested a lot of money in Saleen's product and I'm tired of the BS from whoever owns them now.
Old 03-07-2009
SOEC Member

That is bad news, but at least Saleen is moving forward and still here.
I own a 2005 S/C #10 Press car bought in 4-13-07 and have 3 years from that date or 36,000 miles. I still have just over a year or 12K miles left.
This will make it hard to sell the public on buying a Saleen even with the new company MJ. Are they going through ford offering 3 year 36K warrenty?
IM not sure if they can real do this ?????
2005 S/C #10 Press Car w/ Scenic Roof
3.20 S/C Pulley & 18% overdrive Crank
Mosaleen S/C no slip idler system
3:73 gears, Watts link Gen II
14" front brakes, slotted rear rotors
Brenspeed 302, 47lb inj, longtubes/ catted H-pipe 570 rwhp 545 rwtq (SAE) 13.5 lbs boost, Afco heat exchanger
F-5 Joplin Mo. Tornado surviour 5-22-11.
Old 03-07-2009

It is sad to hear about Saleen Inc. but my warrenty has been gone for a long long time on my '88 convertible. (88-0030) Back in 1988 when I bought the car new, I started to collect spare Saleen parts then, parts and items that I thought someday would be hard or next to impossible to find; body parts, floor mats, radio, equalizer, momo steering wheel, graphics/decals, wheels with caps and plenty of t-shirts, jackets and hats. I also have 2 radar detectors that came with the cars back then. Most of what I have is new, still in the package they came in.
I have no intentions of selling the car, but the day I do, everything will go with it.
Old 03-07-2009
SOEC Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88-0030 View Post
It is sad to hear about Saleen Inc. but my warrenty has been gone for a long long time on my '88 convertible. (88-0030) Back in 1988 when I bought the car new, I started to collect spare Saleen parts then, parts and items that I thought someday would be hard or next to impossible to find; body parts, floor mats, radio, equalizer, momo steering wheel, graphics/decals, wheels with caps and plenty of t-shirts, jackets and hats. I also have 2 radar detectors that came with the cars back then. Most of what I have is new, still in the package they came in.
I have no intentions of selling the car, but the day I do, everything will go with it.
THAT'S A REAL SHARP IDEA, I HAVE ALL THE DOC'S, LETTERS, STICKERS, HAT'S AND SHIRTS, BUT HAD NOT THOUGHT ABOUT GRABING PARTS

Jason VIlla
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 03-07-2009
SOEC Member

Stocking up on parts is a good idea, which is the basis of my Acquisition Sale. I am going to allow SOEC members to order whatever parts they may need in anticipation of these parts being discontinued.

I currently have specials on numerous S331 parts, 14" brake kits for the 05-09 Mustangs, decal kits, and a few other odds and ends. I will also get you guys the best price on anything else you might want.

Stock up now... You never know what the story will be next month with Saleen...
Old 03-07-2009
SOEC Member

Do You Have A Website?

Jason VIlla
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 03-07-2009
SOEC Member

I am working on one, but right now I sell through the forums, and ebay, userid eatnviprs, check my feedback.
Old 03-07-2009

DrumSTW3 has really good deals, I worked with him alot when I was at Saleen.
Old 03-08-2009
SOEC Member

I also can tell you eatnvipers is reliable and has excellent deals.
Old 03-08-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88-0030 View Post
Let me know when you want to sell....
1987 Saleen #223
1980 Mustang
2003 AB Mustang Mach 1 (x2)
Old 03-08-2009

Default Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light02atl View Post
You think if a driveline part goes bad that Ford isnt going to try and blame it on the saleen supercharger or the saleen tune?
This would have been a p***** match even if we have warranty. We would have to deal with 2 parties in the finger pointing party. Really 3 count us trying to convince them that we had nothing to do with the issue. So I guess we just blast on because in the Saleen owners manual you have to break the thing in as they say and do this and do that and this voids the warranty and that voids the warranty. Just reading the stuff tells me that both them and Ford would be finger pointing at each other and then maybe at us. This is the same old game that has always been played. Still goes back the fact that a reputable dealer will take care of you as long as you treat the issue correct even if you are to blame. I think the Harley guys will be alright and even the Saleen GUYS AS WELL.

BACKIN BLACK
Old 03-09-2009

I just got off the phone with the law firm representing Saleen Inc.

I quote witton @ 1430 3-9-09 "Saleen is no longer. There is no more company at all. They have ceased all operations. Saleen has absolutely no money and they cannot honor any warranties."

I mentioned that, we had purchased a warranty when we bought a vehicle. I asked how a company can sell off all of their assets and then close up shop without reimbursing people what they are owed. "There is no more company, and there is no money to give."
Old 03-09-2009
SOEC Member

I call shenanigans! This is utter bunk. We *know* that they still have assets (the paint facility, the S7 and Raptor "names"). We know that they "sold" much of their assets, including a large inventory of parts - and must have received something for that (or else they gave away the assets, which is unfair to existing creditors).

A company cannot just "cease to exist" when it has outstanding debts. And we warranty holders are creditors, whether they like it or not. We are entitled to a share of the liquidated estate - and it is not for them to decide what our share is, it is for a bankruptcy court.

I am currently scouting for a lawyer to represent us as a class. There may be nothing for us to gain, but I am P***ed off at the way they have done this. The main question I want answered is "what happened to the money from the sale of assets", and I expect the only way we will get such an answer is in court.

email me if you are interested in participating in such a legal action, saleenwarranty@christann.com

Chris.

Quote:
I just got off the phone with the law firm representing Saleen Inc.

I quote witton @ 1430 3-9-09 "Saleen is no longer. There is no more company at all. They have ceased all operations. Saleen has absolutely no money and they cannot honor any warranties."

I mentioned that, we had purchased a warranty when we bought a vehicle. I asked how a company can sell off all of their assets and then close up shop without reimbursing people what they are owed. "There is no more company, and there is no money to give."
Old 03-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctann View Post
I call shenanigans! This is utter bunk. We *know* that they still have assets (the paint facility, the S7 and Raptor "names"). We know that they "sold" much of their assets, including a large inventory of parts - and must have received something for that (or else they gave away the assets, which is unfair to existing creditors).

A company cannot just "cease to exist" when it has outstanding debts. And we warranty holders are creditors, whether they like it or not. We are entitled to a share of the liquidated estate - and it is not for them to decide what our share is, it is for a bankruptcy court.

I am currently scouting for a lawyer to represent us as a class. There may be nothing for us to gain, but I am P***ed off at the way they have done this. The main question I want answered is "what happened to the money from the sale of assets", and I expect the only way we will get such an answer is in court.

email me if you are interested in participating in such a legal action, saleenwarranty@christann.com

Chris.

I doubt anything would come of it, but, I would participate.

I am just quoting what was told to me by the attorney. I emailed her and she called me back in less than 5 min.
Old 03-09-2009

nice Im glad i just bought one on thursday pownd=me

Even though it was used it still had a warrenty attached to it.
Old 03-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281Saleen View Post
nice Im glad i just bought one on thursday pownd=me

Even though it was used it still had a warrenty attached to it.
You could probably return it. Ford Dealerships were suppose to be aware of what was going on. However, it looks like MANY of them are saying anything to get these things off showroom floors.
Old 03-09-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
I doubt anything would come of it, but, I would participate.
Yup, I doubt anything will come of it either - but I am not the type to give up easily! At least if we push things through legal channels there will be some sort of accountability - as it stands, they (as in SI and HP) are doing all of this "behind closed doors", and who knows what is going on back there....

Chris.
Old 03-09-2009

Quote:
You could probably return it. Ford Dealerships were suppose to be aware of what was going on. However, it looks like MANY of them are saying anything to get these things off showroom floors.

I dont think that will happen I bought it from a private seller about 1200 miles from where I live and drove it home over the weekend. Dont get me wrong im extremly happy with the car but I would have liked to have been able to have the warrenty from saleen too just incase problems were to arise. I guess now Ill have to purchase the replacement for the spoiler brake light (mine was one of the ones that turned pink).

Also Chris I e-mailed you Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out
Old 03-09-2009

I believe if Saleen were to open back up after the bankruptcy proceedings, they still wouldn't have to honor the past warranties. When you declare bankruptcy as a corporation, you are essentially wiping the slate clean, starting over again. Creditors and clients are left holding nothing but air and the chance of filing for whatevers left.

I would also guess that the paint setup and the Raptor programs are owned in whole by an umbrella LLC or similar under the Saleen moniker.

While that doesn't help us, I would guess MJ or anyone else who buys the "name" and who tries to sell a new car under the Saleen moniker will be in deep s*h*t- no one is going to buy a car from a company that reneged on prior warranties. That black eye is there to stay.

That why the gov't stepped in to help GM and Chrysler..they would have not been able to sell a car if the consumer even had a hint there'd be no warranties since they were on the brink of collapse.
Old 03-09-2009

Exclamation Ford

I just got off the phone with my FORD DEALERSHIP on this issue. They have assured me that I have nothing to worry about and Ford will HAVE to take care of my HARLELYs WARRANTY. That's easy to say due to the fact THAT they had not heard a word of any of the procedings. So looks like we all we wait and see what developes. Of the $6,500.00 add on for the SALEEN S/C, I know that we paid for the warranty or Ford did!!!

HD = HIGH DOLLAR $$$$

Might as well DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!

BACKIN BLACK
Old 03-09-2009

Default More

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/09/r...er-takes-over/

(QUOTE)
by Drew Phillips on Mar 9th 2009 at 10:58AM

It looks like many of Saleen's customers may be out of luck when it comes to the warranties on their vehicles. MJ Acquisitions -- the firm that recently purchased assets from Saleen, Inc. including the rights to the S and Racecraft lines as well as Saleen's aftermarket parts division -- sent a letter to dealers informing them that they're not liable for warranty claims and that responsibility would fall on the former owners of the brand. However, Saleen, Inc. announced it has completely ceased operations and will no longer honor warranty claims, leaving it to owners to pay for any maintenance on their vehicles regardless of when it was purchased. This also includes any vehicles languishing on dealers' lots, so any unsold 2008 or 2009 Saleen or Racecraft models will essentially come without a warranty. The small amount of good news is the MJ Acquisitions will continue to provide parts to dealers, and any parts purchased after February 2, 2009 will come with a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. Thanks for the tip, Chris!

Well he you go. My just be a rumor mill, but where there is fire there is smoke. I'M SMELLIN SMOKE!!! Maybe some one will put the fire out before it spreads. Couldn't be in this with a better bunch.

BACKIN BLACK
Old 03-09-2009
SOEC Member

I had gotten that email the other day and I couldnt believe it. This just plain bites. I was really racing hard and posting facts and videos all I could all over the net to promote Saleen Speedlab.

Looks like its time to get that Roush TVS and put Roush on the side of my 07 Stang now.

Glad I sold my 06 SC Saleen already....

I am going to contact Anthony at Sansone Ford here in Jersey to see whats what.

Oh well...it was a fun ride while it lasted and I loved ripping 10's in the 1/4 fairly easy with Saleen's Supercharger. But no way will I promote and company doing this to their loyal fans. Even Steve Saleen should try to help some how to heal our pain. I know he has nothing to do with the company and its mainly with his SMS now trying to move things along. But it would be a nice gesture...even something to help you guys out.

2006 Saleen 1534
11k miles ....5 speed..windveil blue.

My www.HotRodHarrys.com website

My Facebook Fan Page
Old 03-09-2009

I feel bad for MJ because this is Hancock Parks doing..... for HK to pull the plug on the owners is really too bad.
88-#249
TPS Motorsports
TPSMotorsports.com
521 Charcot Ave Suite #199
San Jose, CA 95131
408/898-4632
Old 03-09-2009
SOEC Member

isnt there a 3yr 36,000 mile ford warranty with these cars ?at the core its a ford mustang gt
Old 03-09-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpet shoppe View Post
isnt there a 3yr 36,000 mile ford warranty with these cars ?at the core its a ford mustang gt
Generally yes for Ford parts. The Saleen parts either had a Saleen 3yr/36k part provided by Saleen or in some cases like the PJ, they only had a 1yr/12k warranty on the Saleen installed parts.
2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones #384
1989 Saleen Hatchback #302
1970 Coupe
1968 Shelby GT 350
Old 03-09-2009
SOEC Member

so if someone bought a new saleen off the lot and the water pump or a/c went out ford would fix it ? if not a new saleen with 0 warranty is gonna be cheap which means used ones not worth much
Old 03-09-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpet shoppe View Post
so if someone bought a new saleen off the lot and the water pump or a/c went out ford would fix it ? if not a new saleen with 0 warranty is gonna be cheap which means used ones not worth much
Should be a Ford covered item as it was not a Saleen specific part or modified by Saleen. Now if the ecu fails, they could claim it is a result of the Saleen Flash.
1970 Coupe
1968 Shelby GT 350
Old 03-09-2009

Default $$$

SALEEN owner's Handbook and Warranty supplement.
Power train components modified and/or installed by Saleen are covered by a 3 year/36,000 mile powertrain warranty. In addition, non-Saleen and/or components that are damaged as a result of the Saleen parts and/or related workmanship used in the Saleen installation or modification are also covered by the 3/36,000 mile limited powertrain warranty.
All claims on your Ford vehicle can be made to the Ford Motor Co. through any authorized Ford dealer. Saleen warrants that authorized Ford dealers Will repair, replace, or adjust parts installed or modified by Saleen and found to be defective in factory supplied materials and workmanship as set forth in the Saleen powertrain warranty. AND SO ON!!!

Looks like a SWEET deal for SALEEN. Great bed partner. My thoughts are that Saleen had it made. Supply your parts and have the power to help decide what caused the the failure. Ford supplies the parts they installed and all the labor for both parties parts installed. Ford had to go to battle over who's parts or install caused what ever, then bill Saleen for their obligation's. Saleen more than likely left owing Ford a ton not to speak of now all the warranty. My thoughts only and could be wrong.
Old 03-09-2009
SOEC Member

Default saleen still looks the best

ive wanted one of these since high scool and finally got one about 2 weeks ago .i dont suppose i care who owns what these are the best looking stangs made!2006 vista blue 3v 12,000 miles.
Old 03-09-2009

So basically they have only purchased the "rights" to the S & RC line aswell as aftermarket parts but not really the "Saleen" name??? So how the hell can they sell these cars as a "Saleen" when they are not honoring the past warranty on "saleen"? I am just a bit confused about this whole situation and I think it is going to become even a bigger mess in the coming weeks and months. MJ has just shot themselves in the foot on this one. I don't see the "Saleen" and RC lines being around very long if they are starting off like this. Maybe they are going to pay complete attention to the "aftermarket" side of things and ditch the manufacturing of vehicle all together... That is why they didn't want the paint line???

SOEC Member and Supporter

Last edited by awayne; 03-10-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-10-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by awayne View Post
So basically they have only purchased the "rights" to the S & RC line aswell as aftermarket parts but not really the "Saleen" name??? So how the hell can they sell these cars as a "Saleen" when they are not honoring the past warranty on "saleen"? I am just a bit confused about this whole situation and I think it is going to become even a bigger mess in the coming weeks and months. MJ has just shot themselves in the foot on this one. I don't see the "Saleen" and RC lines being around very long if they are starting off like this. Maybe they are going to pay complete attention to the "aftermarket" side of things???
You're a tad confused.

As the story has been unfolding, MJ Acquisitions is effectively a victim here, along with the rest of us.

If they shot themselves in the foot, it was not intentional.

The Saleen, Speedlab and Racecraft brands now belong to MJ; the company named Saleen, Inc. is taking its mounting debt -- along with the under-funded warranty fund -- down the proverbial drain. At least that's how it's looking.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 03-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
You're a tad confused.

As the story has been unfolding, MJ Acquisitions is effectively a victim here, along with the rest of us.

If they shot themselves in the foot, it was not intentional.

The Saleen, Speedlab and Racecraft brands now belong to MJ; the company named Saleen, Inc. is taking its mounting debt -- along with the under-funded warranty fund -- down the proverbial drain. At least that's how it's looking.
Alrighty... So when you are buying something from any of the 3 brands who are you buying from... MJ? Basically they got the 3 brands and no debt but "Saleen Inc" kept there name and the debt and now went BK and screwed all the owners of current vehicles?

If this is true, I wouldn't say that MJ is the victim since they knew what they wanted in the deal but they should have expected the Saleen Inc would be going BK very soon based on all the layoffs and such.

Old 03-10-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Alrighty... So when you are buying something from any of the 3 brands who are you buying from... MJ? Basically they got the 3 brands and no debt but "Saleen Inc" kept there name and the debt and now went BK and screwed all the owners of current vehicles?

If this is true, I wouldn't say that MJ is the victim since they knew what they wanted in the deal but they should have expected the Saleen Inc would be going BK very soon based on all the layoffs and such.
Or they were told and contracts were written such the Hankcock Park agreed to cover all claims prior to the date of sale and then they failed to live up to the bargain.
1970 Coupe
1968 Shelby GT 350
Old 03-10-2009
Administrator

Tony is a good man. He's hitting it square.
Old 03-10-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylop33 View Post
Or they were told and contracts were written such the Hankcock Park agreed to cover all claims prior to the date of sale and then they failed to live up to the bargain.

Well I guess we will really never know the "truth" regarding this. Everyone can point fingers at everyone else but only the close involved with the purchase will really know.

Old 03-10-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Well I guess we will really never know the "truth" regarding this. Everyone can point fingers at everyone else but only the close involved with the purchase will really know.
Correct. In the end its all marketing and PR for both sides.

HP had nothing to lose. Maybe the moral is... be careful when doing business with an entity that has nothing to lose.
Old 03-10-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
I am not going to say too much more here, as I believe (and hope) that this will wind up in court. If it does, then Saleen Inc and their owners HP are going to need to explain their actions...

If you have more information or would like to discuss this privately, feel free to email me at saleenwarranty@christann.com

Chris.
Old 03-10-2009

Saleen left a lot of creditors hanging also. I have supplied engineering services and parts to Saleen for the last 2-years or so. Always a struggle to get payed. They are currently into me for thousands of dollars with no recourse to receive payment. After no response to numerous emails and voice messages left over the past 4-months, finally this past Friday, I reached one of the lawyers. She informed me Saleen is closing down and I will not be receiving payment. At that time I requested my parts to be returned, at which time she informed me all items have been sold. Now, not only have they refused to pay, but they have sold off components owned by me, to cover their dept with other creditors. How can a company be allowed to sell off parts they don't own due to non payment, and it not be considered theft. This really sucks.
Old 03-11-2009
SOEC Member

So just out of curiosity:

I purchased my car after February 2, 2009. Does that mean I have a 1 year warranty from MJ? Its an 08 leftover, but was purchased new from a dealer. The announcement says anything on or before Feb 2 no longer has a warranty since the warranty resides with Saleen, Inc which is bankrupt. But what about cars purchased afterward? Not very clear is it.
Old 03-11-2009

I believe you have no warranty. The warranty MJ is apperently honoring is only on aftermarket parts they sell from this point on to my understanding. Which also means if you had a warrantied install on a SC at any saleen dealers previously that warranty is gone too.
Closed Thread