The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 09-08-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: Saleen side skirt mounting hardware?

i bought my second 2006 saleen sc 281 torch red #302 a couple months ago but ive noticed my side skirts are zip tied nothing seems to be wrong but i find this very weird and im curious why the previous owner did that
Old 09-08-2013

Have pics of what you're talking about?
Old 09-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Trq View Post
Have pics of what you're talking about?
Yes I will take some first thing tomorrow morning
Old 09-08-2013
SOEC Member

The plastic retaining clips are notorious for falling out, I believe my 2008 only has about 1/3 of them left. I suspect the owner decided zip ties would be a cheap simple solution to the problem. You are not likely to see the zip ties unless your under the car. My two cents!
08 S302E Coupe #01 "Black Ops" USSOCOM Tribute Car. Sponsored by 281 Motorsports, HRE, Cortex, BMR, Aeromotive, Barton, ACT, SCT, Schroth, CSF & Toyo Tires! Mods to numerous to list! God bless our Special Operations Soldiers and their families!
Old 09-09-2013

^^That is probably the answer you needed :)

There doesn't seem to be as many red Saleens as other colors, you should post up some pics of it anyway :D
Old 09-10-2013
SOEC Member

Well my 78xx mile 04termileen, the skirts are attached with wire ties. I assumed that was the saleen way.
Old 09-13-2013
SOEC Member

Are you talking about the white push pins in the bottom of the side skirts? If so, do a search, someone posted a link where there's a company you can get some. They are in a pack of 10 (I believe) and are free..........yes I said free. You just need to order a sample.
Old 09-13-2013
SOEC Member

Well I can't imagine this car has been messed with, so I'm thinking that this is how it was built.