The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 10-25-2018
Saleen Forums Registrant

Exclamation Searching for 88-0423

Back in 1988 I was very fortunate to purchase off the showroom floor, a brand new Saleen Mustang #88-423 . It was a red hatchback with the gray accent striping. I bought it my home town of Augusta Georgia. It was purchased from Bob Beard Ford on Wrightsboro Road around May '88. I sold it to a private party from South Carolina in late 1990.

Unfortunately, over the years I have lost all the sales documents from my original purchase. I do not have the VIN anymore, so it is very difficult, if not impossible to track it down. I have a lot of pictures of #88-423. I also still have a silver/gray windbreaker jacket that came with my purchase. I would LOVE to see it again or, maybe, possibly own it again.

I truly loved that car. My financial situation, and a young family to provide for, is the ONLY reason that I regretfully had to let her go.

Any help on her whereabouts, existence, condition, or possible demise will be greatly appreciated.

Rob.
Old 10-25-2018
Administrator

Hi Rob. Your former Saleen Mustang is now owned by an employee of Saleen Automotive.

Free free to scan and share your vintage photography of 88-0423.
Attached Thumbnails
event_2018_22nd_saleen_show_0052.jpg  

Old 10-25-2018
Administrator

...and here some video of the car sitting in the Corona showroom.

http://soec.org/power-performance-ne...leen-facility/
Old 10-25-2018
Saleen Forums Registrant

I am completely SHOCKED right now!! I'm almost speechless! I cannot believe that it's in California, and at the Saleen headquarters on the frigging showroom floor!!!!. She looks BEAUTIFUL! To know that she is well cared for and in such good shape is very comforting.

I have always had a personal attachment to special vehicle such as #88-423. My very first car was a early '65 convertible Mustang and I have had a total of 7. I currently own a '12 Silver and Red, Boss 302, Laguna Seca, LS#755. 1 of 151. I just love them all.

I will have to dig through my boxes of old photographs. I'll scan them, and upload here as soon as I find them!!

I can't thank you enough for your reply and sharing information. I just moved back to the Augusta area and have been scouring the area hoping to find 88-423 sitting along side a house or in someones back yard waiting for me to rescue her. Guess that ain't gonna happen!

Thanks again,
Rob.