The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121 Just for the Saleen N20 and S121 Focus cars.

Old 05-15-2015
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Help: Cruise control not working?

Is anybody else having trouble with their factory cruise control on the Focus (2004)?
Old 05-17-2015
SOEC Member

If you already checked the fuse...this might help diagnose http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/g...d-working.html

Saleen Alcons,Dart Block 347,G Force T-5,Vortech T-trim,Glenns performance fuel system,Snow performance stage 3 methanol kit Etc...
Old 05-17-2015

Default Focus Cruise Control

I checked the owners manual and it does not show a specific fuse anywhere for the cruise control.
Old 05-17-2015
SOEC Member

Ford puts the fuse locations right on the fusebox cover's...................
I believe it's f2 53 (I could be wrong) it is a 10amp fuse labeled speed control,park(pnp)switch...
Did you read the link I sent you if you have a burned out tailight or have replaced tailight bulbs with led and not used one of the load resisters your cruise won't work...It also includes diagnostic procedures....

Saleen Alcons,Dart Block 347,G Force T-5,Vortech T-trim,Glenns performance fuel system,Snow performance stage 3 methanol kit Etc...
Old 05-18-2015

I know everybody keeps saying check the fuse but mine does not have any fuse or relay for the cruise control F2 53 on mine is for the back up lights on a manual transmission. I could do the diagnostic but the light for the cruise control on the instrument cluster will not even illuminate when you turn the switch to the on position when all the other instrument cluster lights do. Looks like I will have to pay some one to hook it yp to a diagnostic machine to find the problem. There goes the budget!!!
Old 05-25-2015

Update on cruise control issue. First, indictor light only works when cruise control is tuned on and speed set; Second, as I said earlier my 2004 Focus has no cruise control fuse that can be found; Third, the problem was a broken cruise control cable and a faulty switch on the clutch. Fixed and working correctly now. Thanks for all the input on this.
Old 07-11-2021

Maybe you can read articles or watch videos on YT to find out how to solve factory cruise control. The OP of this thread also shared how he solves this problem, you may want to do backreading.