The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > TSBs, Install Manuals and Service Documents
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

TSBs, Install Manuals and Service Documents Technical Service Bulletins and other resources to help you keep your Saleen running in top form. Full access is available to forum registrants. If you can't find a document, please PM us or use the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page with year, model and concern.

Old 04-02-2017
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Q: 2007 owners manual?

I have bought some owner books for my 2007 281sc and only recently discovered that I was missing the correct 2007 saleen owners manual and wonder what the manual I have is for? 2007 Saleen gt-sc owners handbook and warranty supplement book.
I have just purchased a 2007 SALEEN s281 and s281sc owners HANDBOOK and supplement book to complete my owners book collection.
Interested to know if both books are part of the pkg. along with the ford mustang manuals pkg. ???
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0497.JPG  

IMGP0498.JPG  

Attached Images

Old 04-02-2017
Administrator

The 2007 Saleen GT/SC was an unserialized Mustang GT with a Saleen Series VI supercharger installed. This was a special value package offered to Saleen Dealers at the end of the 2007 model year to help liquidate remaining unconverted Mustang GT chassis that were in Saleen Inc inventory pool.

Powertrain is the same as a 2007 S281 SC.

This book should not be part of the manual collection for your vehicle.

Yes, you should have a complete set of manuals for a 2007 Ford Mustang GT from FMC.
Old 04-02-2017

Very Interesting. thanks Dave!
Is the gt-sc book a rare item? Does it hold any value as I should depart with it?
Old 04-02-2017
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff beaudry View Post
Is the gt-sc book a rare item? Does it hold any value as I should depart with it?
The physical car is more rare than the owners manual. We believe Saleen Inc produced 8 GT/SC Mustangs for 2007. This model was also referred to as the 'Sleeper Edition.'

http://soec.org/vehicle/nonserialized/

More rare is the 2007 F150 'Sleeper.' Same concept, a stock F150 with Saleen Series VI power. We do not believe there were any dealer orders for this model.
Old 04-02-2017

Default Rare stuff!

Again, Very interesting stuff, Thank you!