The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007 Saleen/Parnelli Jones Limited Edition Or as Parnelli likes to call them, for "the Parnelli Jones/Saleen Limited Edition."

Old 05-27-2010
SOEC Member

Default Chrome PJ rims?

I saw on autotrader that PJ #73 is for sale in WA with less than 800 miles. what intrigued me is that is looks like it has chrome rims.
Do you think this is something the first owner did, sent out the originals to be chromed? Looks pretty sharp....although not sharp enough for them to get anywhere near the $55,950 asking price (even though they advertise if you buy you get to meet Mr. JOnes!)
Old 05-27-2010
Administrator

PJ-0073
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...r_id=280328285
Old 06-04-2010
SOEC Member

There was no optional wheel for the PJ.
07 Saleen Parnelli Jones S-302 #494
1 of 1 With Factory-Installed Scenic Roof
Supershaker, 3.0 Pulley, 60# Injectors, FGT Pumps, Extreme H/E, Kooks LT's + O/R H-pipe, Spydershaft
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List
Old 06-05-2010
SOEC Member

I saw #73 on a car carrier a few weeks ago when the truck dropped a couple of other high end vehicles off at the Canadian border. The driver was suprised that I knew what it was, and even more suprised when I told him I own #71. Strange, but apparently the former owner was an employee of Barrett Jackson, at least according to the truck driver. The car was going to a specialty car dealer in Bellevue, WA. I was wondering what they were going to ask for it. Now I know. There are people in that area that might pay that price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blesseuer View Post
I saw on autotrader that PJ #73 is for sale in WA with less than 800 miles. what intrigued me is that is looks like it has chrome rims.
Do you think this is something the first owner did, sent out the originals to be chromed? Looks pretty sharp....although not sharp enough for them to get anywhere near the $55,950 asking price (even though they advertise if you buy you get to meet Mr. JOnes!)
Old 06-07-2010
SOEC Member

I sent a note to the dealer asking him to see if the owner could tell me where he got the chrome PJ rims, no response so far.
Old 06-08-2010
SOEC Member

They look like these wheels......http://www.carrollshelbywheels.com/m...heels/cs56.php
Old 06-08-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC0341 View Post
What? Those wheels have 10 spokes. The ones on the PJ have 7. I'm fairly certain they are PJ wheels that have been chromed or polished.
07 Saleen Parnelli Jones S-302 #494
1 of 1 With Factory-Installed Scenic Roof
Supershaker, 3.0 Pulley, 60# Injectors, FGT Pumps, Extreme H/E, Kooks LT's + O/R H-pipe, Spydershaft
JDM Tune

89 GT Vert
Too Many Mods to List