The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos Photos and videos from events, shows, gatherings, race days, or other memories to share digitally.

Old 05-10-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default saleen pics

here are a few pics that i have since i bought my new extreme last year.
the blue one is mine.

I met Steve Saleen at SEMA 07 in las vegas last year and if you look closely at the pic of bumblebee you will see him in the background also...for those of you that do not know he designed the car for the transformers movie in about 30 days or so after getting permission frm gm.

the pics of barricade were taken at the spectrom center in irvine ca during my wife and i's one year anniversary vacation which we chose to spend at the saleen store and seeing the saleen factory threre....good thing we did as they are both now closed which is a sad thing for all of us on the west coast.
mike

Last edited by mikebna; 06-09-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 05-10-2008
Administrator

Mike,

Welcome!

Very nice photos -- thank you so much for sharing!

It is sad that Saleen's Irvine presence is disappearing. Having been around the hobby since they were in Long Beach, I very much enjoyed the early days and especially when they were on Whatney, as it was quite inviting atmosphere. They got some of that back with the Store, but unfortunately it didn't last long. A good group of people.

I hear through the grapevine that Corporate is looking for a new home for Speedlab and some of the local engineers, so we'll be anxious to hear when that announcement's made.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 05-10-2008
Administrator

Thumbs up

Hi Mike! Neat photos!