The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Detailing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Detailing Interior & Exterior Car Care discussions sponsored by Mothers Polishes-Waxes-Cleaners.

Old 05-31-2011
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Cleaning under the hood vents? - (2005-09)

What maint is anyone performing on the inner hood under the hood vents? My 07 does not look like exterior color in there, nor like a satin or flat black that I might expect. Is there a cleaning method for down in there? I read elsewhere (281?) the delicate mounts of the vent ribbing. Thx.
Old 06-02-2011

I remove the plastic vents to clean under them perhaps once a year. There are just four screws that tap into the plastic ribbing. If you remove and replace the screws carefully you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 06-02-2011
SOEC Member

I would try to find a cleaning tool to get into the grooves and maybe underneath. Because I have heard Horror stories taking those vets on and off.
Old 06-02-2011

Default be careful

just had mine off and did some cleaning. just 4 screws per vent. Just be careful when removing and don't over torque them when going back on. I used a spray detailer to clean things up and things look great....good luck
Old 06-02-2011

Those bosses for the vents are brittle as hell though. Somebody said they found some billet vents but I have yet to see them.
Old 06-02-2011
Account with Invalid Email

just take them off carefully, the worst thing that happens is you end up buying a new set.
Old 06-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ 281m View Post
Those bosses for the vents are brittle as hell though. Somebody said they found some billet vents but I have yet to see them.
Soon as you find those billet vents, please post the link to buy them! I want a pair!
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 05-28-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny_k82 View Post
just take them off carefully, the worst thing that happens is you end up buying a new set.
Lol, look at the cost of them! they are not worth the money for how delicate they are. DONT take them off, just find something that will get under there for cleaning. Just my 2 cents.