The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > Southeast
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Southeast Topics for events and get-togethers in Virgina, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama & Florida.

Old 12-26-2012
Account with Invalid Email

Default 2013 SVT Superfest @ VIR -- SVT 20th Anniversary Celebration, May 24-26, 2013

SVT Superfest 2013
Virginia International Raceway
May 24-26, 2013 - Danville, VA

Three Days of Full Course at VIR…don’t miss the best HPDE weekend event of the year!

What is so important about May 24-26, 2013? This is the weekend the SCMC will be celebrating the SVT 20th Anniversary/2013 SVT Superfest. The event will be held at the world class facility of Virginia International Raceway in Danville, VA. It will be three days of open track on the full course, a SVT and Mustang show including all Fords, and a Saturday evening banquet with guest speaker. Other arrangements are being made for Special SVT vehicles to be in attendance. The SVT 20th Anniversary Celebration only comes around once in a lifetime. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a historic event.

If you like to drive fast and not have to worry about getting a ticket, then the SCMC has something to ease your adrenaline pain. The Superfest includes three days on the 3.27 mile full course where you can reach speeds in excess of 140 mph all in a safe, controlled environment. Instructors will be available and you do not need any special equipment to run on track over the weekend. In the past, we had over 170 Mustangs on track at lunch doing parade laps and having a blast. There are no special requirements like helmets, harnesses, to do the laps, just simply obey the speed limits that are set for the event.

Every year we have some Ford/SVT pro drivers doing charity laps all day long, so you can pay to catch a ride and feel the excitement of going around the track at speed all the while making a donation to a worthy cause. Last year, it was for the Susan G Komen foundation.

For event sponsorship, please contact Tony Sorrentino at tony@svtcobraclub.com for details on how you can become a part of the 20th Anniversary Celebration.

Be sure to mark your calendars and save the date -- May 24-26, 2013.

For more information and registration details, please visit http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19018
2002 Roush Stage 3 World Challenge GR40 - Race Car (sold 5/29/12)[/B][/I]
Old 02-02-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

I'm really looking forward to this!
Old 02-12-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-0285 View Post
I'm really looking car dvd players forward to this!
Oh can I become part of it?

Last edited by Theryq; 02-13-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-13-2013

I clicked on the link in the first post and registered for the event. They had an option for one 30 minute session, 2 days or 3 days.

I signed up for all three days! I can't wait to take my Mustang out on the track. :)
Old 05-08-2013

Cannot wait. Signed up in the Blue group. Going to be a great time. Just counting down the days.
Old 05-08-2013
SOEC Member

This is a great event for anybody that wants to take their car on a road course. They offer a beginner group that includes an instructor at no extra charge. Awesome weekend. Unfortunately not taking the beast this year. Too much going on. Hopefully will have time to stop by for a little while on saturday.

93-0001R Saleen World Challenge SA10 Race Car
AKA "The Beast"
90 Saleen SC 12 Tim Allen Tonight Show Burnout Car
93-050 Factory Supercharged Black on Black Leather
89-091R John Ames Saleen Race Car
91 Saleen SC #9
1970 Mustang Fastback Grabber Green all original survivor 80k miles,purchased from original owner
Previously owned 98 Saleen Race car,99 S351#07, 95 SR 14, 93#18, 93-39, 90#214, 89 SSC #168, 88 R Model 94 S351R code #28
Old 05-08-2013

If you stop by Saturday give me a shout. Always looking to meet more fellow Saleen owners. I will have my yellow Focus out this time around.
Daniel