The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-09-2009
geetea67 geetea67 is offline
Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Livermore, Ca
Posts: 22
Default S331 JDM Upgrade

I just installed my JDM pully, airbox, and computer upgrades... Wow, Should have done that two years ago. Cold start problems are gone, stumble when getting on gas is gone, shifting is much firmer, not to mention the extra HP and boost make it a whole different truck. If you havn't done the upgrades (JDM or Troyer), you need to seriously consider it. This is the way the truck was supposed to run when new from Saleen.

Headers and 456 gears are next!!! and some new rear tires!!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-09-2009
JimIII@JDM's Avatar
JimIII@JDM JimIII@JDM is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetea67 View Post
I just installed my JDM pully, airbox, and computer upgrades... Wow, Should have done that two years ago. Cold start problems are gone, stumble when getting on gas is gone, shifting is much firmer, not to mention the extra HP and boost make it a whole different truck. If you havn't done the upgrades (JDM or Troyer), you need to seriously consider it. This is the way the truck was supposed to run when new from Saleen.

Headers and 456 gears are next!!! and some new rear tires!!!
Glad you enjoyed the upgrade! if you want more let me know, the gears are the next best step!
__________________
Team JDM, the Saleen Speedlab center!
www.TEAMJDM.com
732-780-0770
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-10-2009
wcdean wcdean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B/CS Texas
Posts: 88
Default

I already have the Stage I, 4.56s, a customized Fluidyne dual pass intercooler, and modified exhaust (enlarged tubing, 2x14" Magnaflow mufflers/resonators) from the cats to the side exits, but am looking for a little more. Can you PM me a quote for some LTs, hi-flo cats, and a 3.0? Every time I go to y'all's site all I can find for our trucks is the e-fan setup...

Thanks in advance!
__________________
[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Last edited by wcdean; 11-10-2009 at 08:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2009
JimIII@JDM's Avatar
JimIII@JDM JimIII@JDM is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdean View Post
I already have the Stage I, 4.56s, a customized Fluidyne dual pass intercooler, and modified exhaust (enlarged tubing, 2x14" Magnaflow mufflers/resonators) from the cats to the side exits, but am looking for a little more. Can you PM me a quote for some LTs, hi-flo cats, and a 3.0? Every time I go to y'all's site all I can find for our trucks is the e-fan setup...

Thanks in advance!

We do have longtubes but the rest of the system is made custom in house. If you know a good exhaust shop it shouldnt be a problem to have something made up. I can send you pictures of systems we built to get ideas. If you do that you can go to a 3.00 or 2.87 pulley. We ran a 2.87 and 10% overdrive on our truck once we had the full exhaust.
__________________
Team JDM, the Saleen Speedlab center!
www.TEAMJDM.com
732-780-0770
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-11-2009
wcdean wcdean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B/CS Texas
Posts: 88
Default

Sounds good. Send me the pics if you would. Fastlane in Houston does my exhaust work and yeah the do really nice work so they should be able to rig something up for me.

If you have any other suggestions I am all ears. Even with the current upgrades I am still not satisfied with the power it's making. Last dyno run was a mere 380/440 albeit it was in 100 degree shop temp. Even taking that into consideration it's still disappointing...

Email address is wclaytondean@aim.com. Thanks!
__________________
[COLOR=red][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2009
JimIII@JDM's Avatar
JimIII@JDM JimIII@JDM is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdean View Post
Sounds good. Send me the pics if you would. Fastlane in Houston does my exhaust work and yeah the do really nice work so they should be able to rig something up for me.

If you have any other suggestions I am all ears. Even with the current upgrades I am still not satisfied with the power it's making. Last dyno run was a mere 380/440 albeit it was in 100 degree shop temp. Even taking that into consideration it's still disappointing...

Email address is wclaytondean@aim.com. Thanks!

Just sent some pics over, the headers retail for $995 and take 1-2 weeks bc they are custom built to order. Email me back if you have any questions!

JimIII
__________________
Team JDM, the Saleen Speedlab center!
www.TEAMJDM.com
732-780-0770
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-12-2009
JimIII@JDM's Avatar
JimIII@JDM JimIII@JDM is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdean View Post
Sounds good. Send me the pics if you would. Fastlane in Houston does my exhaust work and yeah the do really nice work so they should be able to rig something up for me.

If you have any other suggestions I am all ears. Even with the current upgrades I am still not satisfied with the power it's making. Last dyno run was a mere 380/440 albeit it was in 100 degree shop temp. Even taking that into consideration it's still disappointing...

Email address is wclaytondean@aim.com. Thanks!

BTW my father is gonna be in Texas for the NMRA race, he is also doing some tuning maybe stop by and see him to discuss the power level of your truck!
__________________
Team JDM, the Saleen Speedlab center!
www.TEAMJDM.com
732-780-0770
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2009
wcdean wcdean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B/CS Texas
Posts: 88
Default

The one this weekend at HRP??? Crap, I wasn't planning on making the trip. Now I'll have to figure out if there is any possible way for me to make it. I'd love for him to take a look at it! At one point Joe Cramm (I think that's how you spell his last name) was saying that y'all might be opening a shop down here. Any word on that actually happening?

I'll keep an eye out for the pics; haven't seen them come through just yet. Thanks, Jim...
__________________
[COLOR=red][/COLOR]

Last edited by wcdean; 11-12-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2009
JimIII@JDM's Avatar
JimIII@JDM JimIII@JDM is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toms River, NJ
Posts: 403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdean View Post
The one this weekend at HRP??? Crap, I wasn't planning on making the trip. Now I'll have to figure out if there is any possible way for me to make it. I'd love for him to take a look at it! At one point Joe Cramm (I think that's how you spell his last name) was saying that y'all might be opening a shop down here. Any word on that actually happening?

I'll keep an eye out for the pics; haven't seen them come through just yet. Thanks, Jim...

We do plan to open a shop, my Dad has a has house down in Houston and when he moves he plans to open a place up. My father will be at HRP this weekend, he leaves on a plane tonight ill tell him to look out for you if you can make it.
__________________
Team JDM, the Saleen Speedlab center!
www.TEAMJDM.com
732-780-0770
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2009
joesgt281 joesgt281 is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdean View Post
The one this weekend at HRP??? Crap, I wasn't planning on making the trip. Now I'll have to figure out if there is any possible way for me to make it. I'd love for him to take a look at it! At one point Joe Cramm (I think that's how you spell his last name) was saying that y'all might be opening a shop down here. Any word on that actually happening?

I'll keep an eye out for the pics; haven't seen them come through just yet. Thanks, Jim...
Heck yeah you need to make it down!
__________________
Joe Mills
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-12-2009
joesgt281 joesgt281 is offline
SOEC Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimIII@JDM View Post
We do plan to open a shop, my Dad has a has house down in Houston and when he moves he plans to open a place up. My father will be at HRP this weekend, he leaves on a plane tonight ill tell him to look out for you if you can make it.

Hey Jim I sent you a PM. If you can help me with that, I'll try and keep Kathy off your back, lol.
__________________
Joe Mills
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-12-2009
wcdean wcdean is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: B/CS Texas
Posts: 88
Default

I'd love to Joe, BELIEVE ME, but with us getting ready to put the house up on the market we have people already committed to coming into town this weekend to put some finishing touches on it (painting, carpentry, and cleaning). Granted most of the folks coming in to town are my family and they will love me no matter what I do but they would certainly be miffed if I left them holding the bag while I went to play. I just don't think that there is any way for me to pull this one off. I will know more tonight, though, and I will shoot you an email or give you a ring if it looks like I can get away...

Hey Jim those pics still haven't come through. If you could resend them I would appreciate it. I will also let you know if I plan on making it down to the event but it looks doubtful at this point. I might just have to catch you guys the next time y'all are down here. Any idea when that might be???

I am moving to Houston either next month or in January so next time it should be much easier for me to meet up with you guys...
__________________
[COLOR=red][/COLOR]
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-18-2009
cydewaz cydewaz is offline
Saleen Forums Participant
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetea67 View Post
I just installed my JDM pully, airbox, and computer upgrades... Wow, Should have done that two years ago. Cold start problems are gone, stumble when getting on gas is gone, shifting is much firmer, not to mention the extra HP and boost make it a whole different truck. If you havn't done the upgrades (JDM or Troyer), you need to seriously consider it. This is the way the truck was supposed to run when new from Saleen.

Headers and 456 gears are next!!! and some new rear tires!!!
Your message sold me, now I need to pull the money together........
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:22 AM.


Orders placed through these advertiser links help to support SOEC and this website.

Tire Rack Wheel Clearance

When you buy one Valeo® ULTIMATE™ Wiper Blade from Tire Rack, you'll get one free!

Dunlop $50 Rebate


| SOEC.ORG | ABOUT SOEC | MEMBERSHIP | SHOWROOM | LITERATURE | VEHICLE PRODUCTION | THE SALEEN TRADER | SALEEN AUTOMOTIVE | CONTACT SOEC | SOEC @ FACEBOOK |


All Original Content Copyright © 1991-2021 Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club, LLC (SOEC). All Rights Reserved.
SOEC is the official independent, non-profit organization for owners and enthusiasts of vehicles by Steve Saleen and Saleen Automotive, Inc.