The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2004-2005 Focus N20 and S121 Just for the Saleen N20 and S121 Focus cars.

Old 01-26-2006
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default 2005 S121 Body Kit Fitting Issues

Has anyone else found that the rear bumper & side skirts rubbing on the doors & hatch?

My focus has been in for repair since Nov 6th 2005.

I would like to find out if anyone else has this problem.
Old 03-31-2006
Suspended Account

I have a 2004 N20 and I am having same problem. My local ford dealer wont touch my car , because they are not a saleen dealer. So mine still has to be fixed.
Old 04-19-2006
Saleen Forums Registrant

Well I got mine back on friday. The car has been back to Saleen once already, I thought they had fixed the issue but it's not. The problem still continues. Saleen had to get another vendor to make new parts, but this only made the problem slightly better. I'm going to be sending pictures to them again tomorrow. My car was in either the body shop, dealer body shop, or at Saleen for a total of 6 months. I feel for you. I'm hoping we can get them to figure out how to engineer a good product.

If your dealer will not help, try calling Saleen directly in Califorina. Talk to the warrenty department. I wish you good luck with getting yours fixed.
Old 04-25-2006
SOEC Member

My Saleen Focus body kit fits perfectly, and the shop thatput it on went on and on about how ell it fit. I have no rubbing issues whatsoever.
1994 S 351 R #37
2004 Saleen N20 Focus #45
Old 08-15-2006
Saleen Forums Registrant

I have a 2005 S121 and the lower edge of the hatch and bottom edge of the doors don't have a great deal of clearence. I've seen the abrasion wear. Having any type of dirt in these areas makes it worse. I can't see anything from the outside when the door and hatch is closed, which is a good thing.

But, the next time I give the car a good cleaning, I'll be applying some touch up paint to the wear areas on the Hatch itself.

Do I want to deal with the car being in the body shop to get this possibly corrected? No way. It's a mild annoyance that I have, and will continue to, live with.
Old 08-15-2006
Suspended Account

My body kit is the worst Ive seen since owning this car.Nothing fits right.I really like the car overall.I just wish it was done right.Im working with my dealer to fix it.
Old 04-14-2007
Suspended Account

Well i droped off my N20 the week before thanksgiving 2006 and it is now April 13 2007 and its still not done getting the body kit and paint done right. They say i can pick it up on wed , its a 3 hour ride to where it is being fixed and i have drove there 2 times already to get it and each time we found something wrong with either the paint job or the body kit. So i hope this is it when its finaly done.
Old 05-10-2008
Suspended Account

By the way guys, my name is Jorge and I used to be the Saleen Techline guy, but I got laid off with the companies' cut back and move to Troy, Mi. I was contacted by Jim Dvorak about some issues regarding the body kits.
First of all I'd like to thank Jim for the invite to this site.
About the body kits. Saleen no longer works with the original vendor that made the original body kitsor they no longer have the original molds. We did take a customers body kit and had new molds made. Steve Snider in the warranty was one of the leads handling this but was also laid off. I would contact Jared Chavez in the Speedlab Dept. at Saleen.(Irvine) Either Jared or Carlos Duran will have the info of what company has the molds and is making the replacement parts. I will try to contact someone on Monday and getmore info for you guys. I don't personally think it's fair that Focus owners are left in the dark cause it's not a Mustang. I'll do what I can and help you guys out.
If you do call Saleen and speak to Jared or Carlos, just make sure you say that I reccomended you call, you'll get better service.
Good Luck guys.
Old 05-13-2008
Inactive Account

Default 2005 Rear bumper cover

Jorge,

I am getting ready to re-attach my rear cover any sugestions on obtaining the best fit?

Thanks
Greg
Old 05-14-2008
Suspended Account

call the toll free Saleen telephone number, ask for tech assistance and ask them to email you the install manual for the focus body kit.
It will help you get a good fit for your bumper. If not, the body kits are made by Xenon. Get a hold of them and ask them for any tips for a great fit.
GOOD LUCK !