The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-21-2011
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona1783 View Post
Ok guys, I got my car back today. Total cost to service the supercharger was $357.82. That includes all fluids (supercharger oil, anitfreeze, red sealant) and the 3 hours of labor to complete the job.

I also had an issue with my intake tube, which had melted to to oil build up around the throttle body. That cost me another $120 for a new intake tube.

All in all, I am very pleased with the work PAS did. Mark and Jimmy are great to deal with. They even washed and waxed my car and detailed the interior. For those who are on the fence, take it to PAS, they will treat you right.
Awesome, I am working with Jimmy now to get a firm quote. The difference is I am having them install a Super Shaker upgrade after doing the reseal. Two quick questions:

1) From all the oil build-up, why didn't you get an oil separator?
2) Did they seal your nose assembly and/or the snout?

I am attempting to take mine down in September sometime.
Old 08-21-2011
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser1010 View Post
Awesome, I am working with Jimmy now to get a firm quote. The difference is I am having them install a Super Shaker upgrade after doing the reseal. Two quick questions:

1) From all the oil build-up, why didn't you get an oil separator?
2) Did they seal your nose assembly and/or the snout?

I am attempting to take mine down in September sometime.
I am going to get a catch can, but it wasn't in the budget...I gotta wait til next pay check. They did not seal my snout, as of right now, it is not leaking out of the snout, just where the snout met the supercharger casing because of the blue sealant.
Old 08-21-2011
Suspended Account

Yea, I know what you mean about the budget side of things. I figured they would have replaced the blue sealant and it sounds they did a great job! I will let you know how things work out on my end.
Old 08-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona1783 View Post
I am going to get a catch can, but it wasn't in the budget...I gotta wait til next pay check. They did not seal my snout, as of right now, it is not leaking out of the snout, just where the snout met the supercharger casing because of the blue sealant.
Daytona, we have a black one in stock!

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 09-28-2011

Well nearly 100 superchargers rebuilt and saved this year , has everyone checked there oil at this point?

Old 10-11-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

I saw this and checked mine. It looks like it is leaking. Can the snout be removed with the supercharger still on the car, or is it easier to remove it? Can you pm me a price on the parts needed to fix this? Thanks
Old 10-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tas View Post
I saw this and checked mine. It looks like it is leaking. Can the snout be removed with the supercharger still on the car, or is it easier to remove it? Can you pm me a price on the parts needed to fix this? Thanks
I'm at a MPG (Motor Press Guild) event today/tomorrow at California speedway so if you could send me an email with your contact I'll call you thursday. Bit the supercharger has to come off, it really isn't that difficult.

Old 10-12-2011

L cats your car still may be under warranty. Check with the dealer u bought it from. I just bought my 2007( 2000 miles) car in June from original owner who bought new from the dealer in 2010 and his warranty transfered to me and is good until 2013. I have had some check engine light work and MAF sensor work done by the dealer that was no charge. It all depends on when the dealer starts the 3 year warranty with ford. Also Dave R at Saleen has been very helpful with warranty issues so i know Saleen gets slammed alot on forums for warranty issues so I just wanted to pass on a possitive message about Saleen

Chris

[SIZE=4]Saleen #07-0551 S[COLOR=darkred]281 sc [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]475hp-425tq:biggrin:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 10-18-2011
Suspended Account

I have had the car back a week now from having the nose assembly resealed (with red sealant) and the Supershaker (plus oil separator) installed from PAS. The folks at PAS are extremely nice. The Supershaker fit and finish on the S281 is awesome. It looks like the car was made to have it. Plus, the tune is perfect and the car runs much smoother! They even put it on the dyno to ensure everything was good-to-go. Now, the bad news... It looks/feels that my snout is leaking right behind the SC pulley on the bottom of the nose assembly. So does anyone know if this could be from them putting too much SC oil in when refilling, or am I just being optimistic? Could it be for some other reason? I just feel like after having all this work completed and fluid changed this shouldn't be happening...
Old 10-18-2011
SOEC Member

Mine was leaking behind the pulley and I had to replace the entire snout.
Old 10-18-2011
Suspended Account

I just emailed Jason to see if this could be something other than a bad snout. I just feel like PAS would have noticed the snout was bad when putting it all back together, because I had them reseal the nose assembly. Plus, they just finished Daytona1783's Saleen, which was to reseal the snout.
Old 10-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser1010 View Post
I just emailed Jason to see if this could be something other than a bad snout. I just feel like PAS would have noticed the snout was bad when putting it all back together, because I had them reseal the nose assembly. Plus, they just finished Daytona1783's Saleen, which was to reseal the snout.
I just responded, but here goes for everyone else. Unless you check real close it can be easily missed. Sounds like its bad though. You cant really overfill these if done right. Give Mark a call right away, I'm sure he will get you handled.

Old 10-19-2011
Banned

I think you can buy just the snout seal. I was given this info from Brenspeed. ksddirect.com part #11625 cr oil seal $3.93 plus shipping. I was told buy Jason at 281 Motorsports that this doesnt look like the right seal? Not sure? I have yet to puchase one to see if will work. It does have the same measurements as the oem one. I also have my old snout and was playing around with replacing the the seal myself. You can replace the seal on the car if you have correct seal. I also conntacted Steiegemier Porting in St. Charles Mo 636-949-2275. They can replace it for you if you remove snout for $175. They also have the correct seal for $15. Ask for Kurt. I was told buy him when you install bolt to be sure to use plenty of thread sealent or bolt will leak fluid by the threads.
Old 10-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubnhad View Post
I think you can buy just the snout seal. I was given this info from Brenspeed. ksddirect.com part #11625 cr oil seal $3.93 plus shipping. I was told buy Jason at 281 Motorsports that this doesnt look like the right seal? Not sure? I have yet to puchase one to see if will work. It does have the same measurements as the oem one. I also have my old snout and was playing around with replacing the the seal myself. You can replace the seal on the car if you have correct seal. I also conntacted Steiegemier Porting in St. Charles Mo 636-949-2275. They can replace it for you if you remove snout for $175. They also have the correct seal for $15. Ask for Kurt. I was told buy him when you install bolt to be sure to use plenty of thread sealent or bolt will leak fluid by the threads.
Here's my thoughts, after reviewing the seal a few times since it may work. But we havent tried one and after evaluating (taking a nose drive appart) the tear down time cost, seal cost and rebuild cost then having to warranty it at didn't make much fiscal sense to us. if your going to do this at home, it may make sense. But if you do it wrong, you could have some massive damage if it comes appart or leaks. For not much money IMO, you get a brand new nose drive, new bearings and seal and a warranty with some peace of mind it will work. Besides, it you have an older style snout, you can run smaller pullies.

Just my .02

Old 01-01-2012
SOEC Member

Hello Guys/Gals,
This is my first time posting but I come here often to see whats happening and what issues other Saleen owners have.
I was doing preventive maintenance yesterday and changing out intercooler and engine coolant. When I first saw the attached I thought it was dirt. When I removed the intercooler reservoir to thouroughly clean it, this plastic/composite type object came out. As soon as I saw it I thought about this thread and figured I am in the same boat as all of you other owners with the blue sealant superchargers.
The car runs fine and has ran fine. In the past year and a half (when I bought it from the original owner) I have raced about 25 runs at a 1/4 mile strip. I have also raced it at the local road course here in Albuquerque, NM, but the car didn't get hot enough because the Saleen brakes didn't hold up too well (they are the upgraded 14" brakes). I never had mechanical problems besides typical hick-ups.
I have included some pictures to help figure this out. I think it came from the supercharger and traveled through the hose to the reservoir and got stuck there. I don't understand that if something was breaking apart or failing, why wouldn't there be more pieces or other symptoms?
Jason from 281 Motorsports, if you could assist or give me your opinion I would really appreciate it. Thanks everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
strange 2.jpg  

strange 1.jpg  

engine.jpg  

Old 01-01-2012
SOEC Member

I don't see away it could travel from inside the s/c to the coolant bottle. Looks like it might be a piece of plastic from when the bottle was made, never got cleaned out.
Old 01-01-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbar View Post
I don't see away it could travel from inside the s/c to the coolant bottle. Looks like it might be a piece of plastic from when the bottle was made, never got cleaned out.
you know tbar...I never even thought it may have came from the reservoir itself, but it does seem very likely. I think I overreacted when I saw it. Thanks man
Old 01-01-2012

What is the material like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveS281 View Post
Hello Guys/Gals,
This is my first time posting but I come here often to see whats happening and what issues other Saleen owners have.
I was doing preventive maintenance yesterday and changing out intercooler and engine coolant. When I first saw the attached I thought it was dirt. When I removed the intercooler reservoir to thouroughly clean it, this plastic/composite type object came out. As soon as I saw it I thought about this thread and figured I am in the same boat as all of you other owners with the blue sealant superchargers.
The car runs fine and has ran fine. In the past year and a half (when I bought it from the original owner) I have raced about 25 runs at a 1/4 mile strip. I have also raced it at the local road course here in Albuquerque, NM, but the car didn't get hot enough because the Saleen brakes didn't hold up too well (they are the upgraded 14" brakes). I never had mechanical problems besides typical hick-ups.
I have included some pictures to help figure this out. I think it came from the supercharger and traveled through the hose to the reservoir and got stuck there. I don't understand that if something was breaking apart or failing, why wouldn't there be more pieces or other symptoms?
Jason from 281 Motorsports, if you could assist or give me your opinion I would really appreciate it. Thanks everyone.

Old 01-01-2012

Looks like plastic from when the bottle was manufactured.
Old 01-01-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
What is the material like?
It feels weird to the touch, kind of like plastic but it will flex in the area where its single strand but firm where it looks wound up. I do not know how long its been in the reservoir and the coolant may have made the texture change
Old 01-01-2012

Quote:
It feels weird to the touch, kind of like plastic but it will flex in the area where its single strand but firm where it looks wound up. I do not know how long its been in the reservoir and the coolant may have made the texture change
It's hard to say, but I'll go with the bottle theory. You should really try to clean it out best as possible. But if there's any in the HE it's isn't coming out.

Old 01-01-2012

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 01-01-2012
SOEC Member

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help and resolving this
Old 02-10-2012

Another supercharger with an improperly installed air filter and overheated case.

Old 02-10-2012
SOEC Member

Is that from something getting past the air filter?
Old 02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbar View Post
Is that from something getting past the air filter?
Yes it is.

Old 02-10-2012

Ouch! I hope that doesn't happen to mine.
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen12c View Post
Ouch! I hope that doesn't happen to mine.
Make sure you service your supercharger and you shouldnt have any issues.

Old 02-10-2012
SOEC Member

Just because the air filter? Man that makes me ill.
Old 02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_177 View Post
Just because the air filter? Man that makes me ill.
Well there's a little more to it, but either a bad casting or something punched a hole in the journal. Did anyone notice his bearings were nearly bone dry?

If your S/C is leaking get it serviced. If your over 40k in mileage, get it serviced.

Old 02-10-2012
Account with Invalid Email

Hey Jason, do you have any idea as to when you'll have the containers back so that you can look at my Saleen?
Old 02-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Hey Jason, do you have any idea as to when you'll have the containers back so that you can look at my Saleen?
We should have them back early next week.

Old 02-10-2012

Here's one we did a few weeks back. We begged him to get his fixed because we knew he was leaking, he dismissed it and forgot about it until I twisted his arm to get it done and thankfully he did! His S/C was on the brink of a litteral meltdown. See for yourself...

That is all the oil in the engine valley after we cleaned it up off the heads and everywhere else.

This is what happens when debree gets inside the supercharger!

Saleen Series VI.5 supercharger lid and our port job.

This is my favorite picture, the bottle on the left represents the amount of fluid in his supercharger...about 2 ounces. The bottle on the left represents what you should have in your supercharger, 8 ounces. You'll notice the color difference from the heat torture. When we pull them apart and they are full at 40-50k miles, the fluid is still nearly clear. Check out the sediment at the bottle of the bottle, yes...thats metal debree. A definate amount of lifespan was lost because of this neglect.

Last edited by Jason @ 281m; 02-10-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2012

Default Update - our services have now changed and now offer an additional service!

Due to the ever increasing amount of leaking supercharger "nose drive assemblys" we have tested a new seal with 100% success and are now going to include them in our sc service. Due to the expensive cost of the seal (about 3000% more in cost than a standard seal) we are changing our sc service too now include rebuilding the nose drive assembly. Our new price will be $729.99 including the seal and rebuild. The $50 increase is much better than the $300 replacement cost. If bearings are needed a small charge for those parts will apply.

Old 04-25-2012
Account with Invalid Email

I just had this service done. Thanks Jason!
Old 04-25-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Due to the ever increasing amount of leaking supercharger "nose drive assemblys" we have tested a new seal with 100% success and are now going to include them in our sc service. Due to the expensive cost of the seal (about 3000% more in cost than a standard seal) we are changing our sc service too now include rebuilding the nose drive assembly. Our new price will be $729.99 including the seal and rebuild. The $50 increase is much better than the $300 replacement cost. If bearings are needed a small charge for those parts will apply.
Jason I get done with navy in a month, and leave for good mid june. I need to get mine rebuilt before i leave because I know you've done this plenty of times and I want to make sure its good to go before I move back home. Hopefully you can get my car in sometime before I leave.
Old 04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
I just had this service done. Thanks Jason!
Our pleasure!

Old 04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
Jason I get done with navy in a month, and leave for good mid june. I need to get mine rebuilt before i leave because I know you've done this plenty of times and I want to make sure its good to go before I move back home. Hopefully you can get my car in sometime before I leave.
Give me a call and lets at least get you on the calendar. We book out quite a bit out...usually 3-6 weeks. So if you plan now, you can pretty much pick your day in june.

Old 04-25-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Give me a call and lets at least get you on the calendar. We book out quite a bit out...usually 3-6 weeks. So if you plan now, you can pretty much pick your day in june.
Will do. Ill try to tomorrow or friday. Thanks again
Old 05-15-2012

Quote:
Will do. Ill try to tomorrow or friday. Thanks again
Seabee, June is getting kinda filled...let me know what dates you were looking at.

Old 05-15-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Seabee, June is getting kinda filled...let me know what dates you were looking at.
I'm already coming on the 29th, remember.
Old 05-15-2012

Quote:
I'm already coming on the 29th, remember.
LOL, sorry Matt. The screen names throw me sometimes. Did you see our little gift on your work order I emailed you?

Old 05-15-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
LOL, sorry Matt. The screen names throw me sometimes. Did you see our little gift on your work order I emailed you?
Lol it happens. And I haven't got any emails from you, I just checked again.
Old 05-15-2012

Quote:
Lol it happens. And I haven't got any emails from you, I just checked again.
Did you check your spam? Send me an email and i will check our system.

Old 05-15-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Did you check your spam? Send me an email and i will check our system.
Sent to 281motorsports@gmail.com
Old 05-16-2012

I want to thank Jason for the call back on this issue tonight. It was one of those good news bad news calls where I faced the fact that it needs to be worked on, but I should be up and running for the nearby car show in a couple weeks.

Now to find some extra dollars for stuff while I'm under the hood.
Old 05-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadfoolsride View Post
I want to thank Jason for the call back on this issue tonight. It was one of those good news bad news calls where I faced the fact that it needs to be worked on, but I should be up and running for the nearby car show in a couple weeks.

Now to find some extra dollars for stuff while I'm under the hood.
Lol, no prob. I'm at the Angels game I told you about in the phone and were kicking chicago in the rear!

Old 05-17-2012

Quote:
Lol, no prob. I'm at the Angels game I told you about in the phone and were kicking chicago in the rear!
Ha! I figured you were going to little league or something.
Old 10-10-2013

Check back shortly, we have a gallery of pictures saved up to show you some of the worst superchargers we've seen.

Old 10-11-2013
SOEC Member

Are there any reputable service shops in or around Atlanta, GA?
Mirror Caps, MRT Hood Struts, JLT Catch Can, Kooks LT Headers & Catted X, JLT Series 3 CAI, Bosch Injectors, HTO Plugs, 3.4 Pulley, KB Boost-A-Pump, SCT X3 Tuned by BRENSPEED, Chicane Brace, Pioneer AVH-P8400BH, White Extreme Splitter & Diffuser, MGW Shifter, Raptor Shift Light, 6K HIDs & LEDs, Stealth Bulbs, Steeda X-Brace, Corsa Sport Mufflers, Whiteline Watts Link & Rear Sway Bar, Slotted Rotors Front & Rear, 281 Grille, Dipstick, & Radiator Cover, GT500 Fan