The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-29-2012
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Amustangrocksleather.com really came through on this one!! I ordered the armrest, full ebrake, and shift boot on Saturday after Thanksgiving and received the items yesterday! Now that's some fast customer service! Got everything with the charcoal alcantara that they offer with leather and grey stitching. The shift boot is all alcantara and also the grey stitching.. When all this rain clears up I can't wait to upgrade the interior some!

Old 11-29-2012
SOEC Member

I really like that bro! I was thinking the same thing with the stitching except all leather. How close does the stitching match the Saleen stitch?
Old 11-29-2012
SOEC Member

Ive had one in Barry and the Extreme for a year or so.....
Its not the stitching..its the leather pattern. Its off a bit but it still looks ok.

Im sure that Alcantera will help with that.

I want to do my wifes Mustang but I need to source some yellow leather
and I havent been able to.
Old 12-02-2012
SOEC Member

Since alcantara is a synthetic material I am sure you can get it in Yellow!!! BTW how is Barricade doing has he tried anything crazy lately?
08 S302E Coupe #01 "Black Ops" USSOCOM Tribute Car. Sponsored by 281 Motorsports, HRE, Cortex, BMR, Aeromotive, Barton, ACT, SCT, Schroth, CSF & Toyo Tires! Mods to numerous to list! God bless our Special Operations Soldiers and their families!
Old 12-02-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barricade View Post
Ive had one in Barry and the Extreme for a year or so.....
Its not the stitching..its the leather pattern. Its off a bit but it still looks ok.

Im sure that Alcantera will help with that.

I want to do my wifes Mustang but I need to source some yellow leather
and I havent been able to.
They can use dye to match the car.
http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...der/4-Copy.jpgS281-E #06-0036
Best daily driver ever.
Old 12-02-2012
SOEC Member

Here is a shot of the one I put in Barry. Made by the same guys wife as the OP....

On the E car I got the white stitch:

Like I mentioned earlier the pebble pattern in the leather is a tad different than the pattern in the Saleen seats but its not too bad.

Overall I am very happy with the product.

I got some snaps of it in the e-car somewhere. I can drum those up if ya wanna see the pattern diff.

As for Barry...I have several upgrades on him in the works.
To include fabbin up something ober cool others here could use as well.

Might show that to yall after Christmas.
Old 12-02-2012

Very nice Barry!! I saw white stitching on your seats, my seats in the E have all black stitch, is that how they all are?
Old 12-02-2012
SOEC Member

Barry has the 08 Extreme Leather with the suede inserts.
Its actually a totally different feel than the standard Saleen seats.
Even the foam guts are different. IMHO its a much better seat.

I had to provide the white leather for him to "customize" Barry's center console piece.
He could not find yellow. He said I would have to provide it.

I wanted to get a 1" stripe of yellow down the center of it to match the car.
Here is an older shot (looks a tad diff now) to give you an idea of what the 1" stripe wou;d look like
extending down the console.

Just gotta find the yellow leather thats real close to Screaming Yellow (D6).

I actually found some "pleather" thats close but the quality is lacking and I think it wont last long before it comes apart. Sooo Im still looking.
Old 12-03-2012

I also had mine made by Amustangrocks. I went with the black stitching. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.
Old 12-05-2012
SOEC Member

Highlights the wheel....awesome!
Old 12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendoo130 View Post
I also had mine made by Amustangrocks. I went with the black stitching. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic.
Looks great! I'll post pictures of mine up soon, I also removed the autometer 3 gauge pod and replaced it with a CDC 3 gauge pod. Looks way cleaner IMO.. Also dropped off the car today at Ramjet Rear End Repair for my rebuild and 3.73 gears!! Should have the car back in a few more hours and can't wait to drive the car and finally have traction in 3rd i hope!!
Old 12-06-2012

Hell yes!! My car will be done with the gears in 20 minutes and it had an Eaton Tru trac in the Diff from Saleen!! Finally something right!! lol
Old 12-07-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06281E View Post
Hell yes!! My car will be done with the gears in 20 minutes and it had an Eaton Tru trac in the Diff from Saleen!! Finally something right!! lol
Yep it seems to be a crap shoot on those. Congrats you're going to love the new gears. You will actually be able to use all 6 of your forward gears like God intended . 3rd and 4th are the got to gears on the interstate when you decide you just have to teach the guy driving brand x that he is slow by comparison.
Attached Images

Best daily driver ever.
Old 12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by redruder View Post
Yep it seems to be a crap shoot on those. Congrats you're going to love the new gears. You will actually be able to use all 6 of your forward gears like God intended . 3rd and 4th are the got to gears on the interstate when you decide you just have to teach the guy driving brand x that he is slow by comparison.
Nice plate!! Yeah now I'm cruising the streets in 3rd right where i need to be in the powerband, and 4th is now about 2200rpm at 60mph instead of 40mph. I can stay in first until 25-30mph and then shift into second once the car already picked up some momentum, it's just 10x better overall and i can't wait until some Z06 pulls up next to me!! I punched it in 3rd last night and the car is just scary fast now and i didn't lose traction!! I still have to get on the dyno and see what she puts down without pulling timing!
Old 12-07-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Nice plate!! Yeah now I'm cruising the streets in 3rd right where i need to be in the powerband, and 4th is now about 2200rpm at 60mph instead of 40mph. I can stay in first until 25-30mph and then shift into second once the car already picked up some momentum, it's just 10x better overall and i can't wait until some Z06 pulls up next to me!! I punched it in 3rd last night and the car is just scary fast now and i didn't lose traction!! I still have to get on the dyno and see what she puts down without pulling timing!
Z06 is easy you'll be playing with sportbikes on the interstate. The reaction you'll get from them when they try to take off on you and find out they can't is priceless. I had one guy seem a bit upset when he went to pull away and I passed him. His friend on the other bike thought it was funny.
Best daily driver ever.
Old 12-08-2012

Quote:
Sweet! Thats a big savings!

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
Sweet! Thats a big savings!
Yeah i was really stoked! For me it's like a $650 savings since i already had the Eaton and now i can return the oil kit and carbon disk packs to AM for a full refund! The 3.73's are one of the best improvements i have done so far!! A pull in 3rd gear now is just crazy!
Old 12-08-2012

Quote:
Yeah i was really stoked! For me it's like a $650 savings since i already had the Eaton and now i can return the oil kit and carbon disk packs to AM for a full refund! The 3.73's are one of the best improvements i have done so far!! A pull in 3rd gear now is just crazy!
LOL, I love gears and a diff! My favorite gears are the 3.90's, but they inheritally make noise due to the teeth count but they are the amazing middle point from a 3.73 and a 4.10.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
LOL, I love gears and a diff! My favorite gears are the 3.90's, but they inheritally make noise due to the teeth count but they are the amazing middle point from a 3.73 and a 4.10.
That's exactly what i read when i did the research on which gears to get! I couldn't be more happy with the 3.73's, I can actually give it throttle in second and just floor it in 3rd..
Old 12-09-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
That's exactly what i read when i did the research on which gears to get! I couldn't be more happy with the 3.73's, I can actually give it throttle in second and just floor it in 3rd..
Oh yea, and after you get the feel for them you will be able to use 1st as well. I actually got pulled over on the interstate for speeding and I hadn't gotten out of 3rd yet. Luckly the cop let me go and just told me to slow it down. I don't know why the Extreme didn't come with 3.73s to begin with.
Best daily driver ever.