The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Steve Saleen Signature Events
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Steve Saleen Signature Events Saleen enthusiast events where Steve Saleen will be attending.

Old 05-06-2013
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS#24Stang View Post
I have never had a saleen at the show so can we all part together to represent SOEC?
Confused what are you asking or saying .
Old 05-06-2013
Administrator

Quote:
I have never had a saleen at the show so can we all part together to represent SOEC?
If you're asking what I think you're asking, yes, register as a Saleen and park with the Saleens... even though your Saleen says SMS.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 05-06-2013
SOEC Member

Old 05-06-2013
SOEC Member

Looking forward to seeing everyone there and the Saleen SMS cars to.

Last edited by Coderedsaleen; 05-06-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 05-06-2013
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
If you're asking what I think you're asking, yes, register as a Saleen and park with the Saleens... even though your Saleen says SMS.

Can we move beyond this please....... your SMS is a Saleen. And Yes it should be with all the rest of the SMS/Saleens.
Old 05-06-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedsaleen View Post
Which Hampton Inn? I hope to find a place so I don't have to room in the back of my truck, LOL!!!
I think there is only one in Carlisle. It is right off the turnpike exit.

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 05-06-2013
SOEC Member

Okay thanks! I will check it out then.
Old 05-06-2013
SOEC Member

****, I checked and it says no rooms available for these dates.
Old 05-06-2013
SOEC Member

I'm staying at the Windgate by Wyndham at 385 Cumberland Pkway, Mechanicsburg, PA for $85 a night. 20 minutes away which should make a for a nice drive to/from the show. Check it out and see you all at the dinner or streets. Yes, I switched hotels for those who read my earlier post.
Jose
1998 Saleen Speedster (S351 SC) #14
Black on Black
Old 05-06-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Technically the club tent has four spaces for vehicles. Two on each side (if memory serves correctly). Most of the Saleen vehicles will park by their class, not by club.

In years past the SOEC tent was between the 1994-04 and 2005-Present generations.

We hope to keep some order to the vehicles and make sure everyone fits. In past years the Saleen class can overrun the designated spot.

We also hope and plan to attack "strange" vehicles from parking among the Saleens. In past years the odd Pro-Street, Mach or Roush would find their way into our spots. Either do to poor planning, their class being overrun, or an owner that did not care where they parked.

Please stick your SOEC decal to your window to show support.
Old 05-06-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coderedsaleen View Post
****, I checked and it says no rooms available for these dates.
In the past... I've stayed in Harrisburg. Not as inconvenient as it may sound.
Old 05-09-2013
SOEC Member

Looks like I will be at a Days Inn North; any idea on how it rates for security? This will be the first time my car has been left outdoors over night let alone in a parking lot! I probably wont sleep a wink!
Old 05-09-2013
SOEC Member

Cool Sleepless in carlisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMcQueen View Post
Looks like I will be at a Days Inn North; any idea on how it rates for security? This will be the first time my car has been left outdoors over night let alone in a parking lot! I probably wont sleep a wink!
We should make a movie about the subject title. Yes, I know the feeling and every sound awoke me. I slept with the lights on and curtain semi-open. I really hated leaving my car unattended. I was really tired the next morning at the show. Got power naps throughout the day though. Maybe we can schedule a car watch rotation :) anyway, i'm just kidding on that thought.
Black on Black
Old 05-09-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen_S351 View Post
We should make a movie about the subject title. Yes, I know the feeling and every sound awoke me. I slept with the lights on and curtain semi-open. I really hated leaving my car unattended. I was really tired the next morning at the show. Got power naps throughout the day though. Maybe we can schedule a car watch rotation :) anyway, i'm just kidding on that thought.
a car watch rotation doesnt sound all that bad! or maybe we all chip in and hire a security guard!
Old 05-12-2013
SOEC Member

Cool Tranny Conversion

Don't forget to post pictures of your transmission conversion unless you're saving that for the picture books only. I think everyone would be interested in seeing them. See you all there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travcar View Post
Steve Saleen Signature Event
All Ford Nationals, Carlisle, Pennsylvania June 7-9, 2013
The Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club has been working to schedule Steve Saleen’s appearance at the 2013 All Ford Nationals, Carlisle, Pennsylvania. For several years, Carlisle participants have asked “when is Steve Saleen going to return to Carlisle?” The answer is in 2013! Plans have not been finalized, but Steve & Liz Saleen plan to attend on Friday, June 7 and Saturday, June 8. Steve will have autograph sessions and will sign Saleen vehicles. Avoid long autograph lines. Try to attend on Friday. Plans are being made for Friday dinner at a restaurant in a plaza around the corner from the fairgrounds’ back gate. This is an SOEC members dinner. We need reservations by Saturday, June 1 for the dinner at Marcello’s Ristorante, 900 Cavalry Rd., Carlisle, PA. Send name, Saleen number, and quantity for dinner to Betsy Beyer at saleen351@comcast.net
When you resister for the show, please list the Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club for your club affiliation. Check the soec.org events page for updates.
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals

Registration page:
http://store.carlisleevents.com/Sear...lts.asp?Cat=24

Supercharged, 700-horsepower, Saleen 351 Speedster #2013-001, Prototype for 2014 Saleen 351, will be at the event. If there is any change in the plans, members will be notified by a post on the soec.org events.
http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=14430

Goody bags to those who pre-register under SOEC -- this helps support SOEC.
Look for details about registering for the special members-only dinner on Friday evening.
Tentatively, Steve & Liz Saleen will drive the new Supercharged Saleen 351 Prototype #2013-001 in the Carlisle Events parade into downtown Carlisle Saturday after the show.
Black on Black

Last edited by Saleen_S351; 05-12-2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Spell check
Old 05-14-2013
Inactive Account

Guys thank for all the emails and PMs, Dinner is over sold. Please check with Besty or Rudy Friday during the show to see if any last minute openings come up.

A Big Thank you to Besty and Rudy for for making these arrangements.
Old 05-14-2013
SOEC Member

Default Carlisle June 7, 2013 Dinner Update

We had an over whelming response for the dinner with Steve Saleen on June 7, 2013 at Carlisle, Pennsylvania. We made arrangements to use the main dining room as well as the adjacent smaller dining room. With the addition of the extra room, we can still accept 10 more reservations, but the reservation will be for the adjacent dining room. There is an open large archway separating the 2 rooms, so those who sit in that room aren’t too removed from the rest of the group. Finding a convenient place for dinner usually means a long wait in line at most restaurants, so joining us for dinner is recommended!

For everyone who has reservations for the dinner, I have sent you a message confirming your reservation. Please check in with me at the SOEC tent by 2:00 on Friday to confirm your reservation. If you can’t make it to the show field by 2:00, but you will be at the dinner, please send me an e-mail message on Friday morning, June 7th to confirm your reservation.

Betsy Beyer, e-mail mailto:saleen351@comcast.metsaleen351@comcast.met

When you check in at the SOEC tent on Friday June 7, the day of the dinner, we hope to have a menu order sheet for you to choose your dinner. The restaurant manager will meet with me on Wednesday, June 5 to finalize plans.

travcar
#13-001, Supercharged Saleen 351 Prototype
#97-0014 Supercharged Saleen S351 Speedster
www.saleen351.com

Saleen Alley Newsletter archives:
http://saleens351.home.comcast.net/~saleens351/SA.htm

Last edited by travcar; 05-19-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-14-2013
Administrator

Please see this new thread for more details on the club dinner:

http://saleenforums.soec.org/showthread.php?t=15209

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 05-18-2013
SOEC Member

I got my goody bag letter and sticker in the mail today :)
Black on Black

Last edited by Saleen_S351; 05-19-2013 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Spell Check
Old 05-19-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen_S351 View Post
I got my good bag letter and sticker in the mail today :)
Me too!!! Its getting close. It rained all weekend here in Eastern PA. I'm hoping Mother Nature is getting it out of her system and gives us good weather. My sticker says "Y167" - 2005 & up Saleen. I called them last week to make sure they have me registered under SOEC; so I am good to go. Now I just gotta finish some cosmetic tweaks, and then Zaino the bejesus out of my car.

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 05-19-2013
SOEC Member

Default Carlisle

Got my letter and pass as well with the same details. Would be nice to have a schedule of events so I can synchronize my Carlisle scrounging/car shopping around Mr. Saleen's schedule.

Gotta find that 70 Boss or Mach 1 in grabber orange this year!

Call Sign: COBRA
SOEC Member
2011 Shelby GT500 SVT Performance Package
2008 Shelby GT/SC Convertible
2007 PJ Mustang #255
2007 Lincoln LT
Old 05-19-2013
SOEC Member

Default Schedule

There will be a schedule put out prior to the event that Betsy and Rudy are coordinating with Steve Saleen. It's a special schedule for us Saleen owners only. More to follow if they don't post in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraj007 View Post
Got my letter and pass as well with the same details. Would be nice to have a schedule of events so I can synchronize my Carlisle scrounging/car shopping around Mr. Saleen's schedule.

Gotta find that 70 Boss or Mach 1 in grabber orange this year!
Black on Black
Old 05-19-2013
SOEC Member

I got my goody bag letter and sticker in the mail yesterday. My sticker says Y166.
Old 05-19-2013
SOEC Member

Great thanks!

Call Sign: COBRA
SOEC Member
2011 Shelby GT500 SVT Performance Package
2008 Shelby GT/SC Convertible
2007 PJ Mustang #255
2007 Lincoln LT
Old 05-19-2013
SOEC Member

Default Carlisle June 7&8, 2013 Show & June 7 Dinner Update, 5/19/2013

Carlisle June 7&8, 2013 Show & June 7 Dinner Update, 5/19/2013

Steve & Liz Saleen, as well as Molly Saleen will be at the All Ford Nationals in Carlisle, Pennsylvania on Friday, June 7 and Saturday, June 8.

We expect to have a very busy day for Steve Saleen on Saturday. We will have a “Saleen Owners Only” autograph session on Friday to sign Saleen vehicles and other Saleen memorabilia. We want you to get your autographs done on Friday. If you are able to get your items autographed on Friday, we will ask that you don’t go through the autograph line again on Saturday to allow time for others. It has been a long time since Steve’s last visit to Carlisle.

If you have a dinner reservation, please check in with me at the SOEC tent by 2:00 on Friday to confirm your reservation. If you can’t make it to the show field by 2:00, but you will be at the dinner, please send me an e-mail message on Thursday, June 6th or Friday morning, June 7th to confirm your reservation. If your plans change, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible to make room for others. I can still take a few more reservations.
Betsy Beyer, e-mail saleen351@comcast.net

When you check in at the SOEC tent on June 7, the day of the dinner, I hope to have a menu order sheet for you to choose your dinner. The restaurant manager will meet with me on Wednesday, June 5 to finalize plans.

We will leave the show field at 4:15 on Friday, June 7, 2013. We are scheduled to arrive for dinner between 4:30 and 4:45. Although the show runs until 5:00, Friday isn’t the big busy day, so we have permission to leave at 4:15. Please stay at the show until 4:15. The restaurant we are going to is Marcello's Ristorante, 900 Cavalry Rd., PA. You can check Google Maps. It is in a plaza behind the fair grounds.

On Saturday, June 8, Steve will have autograph sessions, and he will be have Q&A time in the seminar tent. Steve will also participate in the Saturday parade. Steve & Liz Saleen will drive 2013 Saleen 351 Prototype #001, and Rudy and Betsy Beyer will drive 1997 Saleen 351 #0014, and Molly Saleen will ride in Jose Becerra’s Saleen S351 #98-0014.

Register now for the show field and while doing so, be sure to pre-register for the parade. The parade field is limited to only 400 Ford, Lincoln, and/or Mercury vehicles. Don't miss out on this great Saturday night attraction. All vehicles must be staged by 6:30pm for departure.
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/ford-nationals
Carlisle Events, 1000 Bryn Mawr Rd., Carlisle, PA 17103

Check out the attached pdf with information from the Carlisle website.

See you in Carlisle.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013-06-07CarlisleWebSteveSaleen.pdf (33.3 KB, 11 views)

travcar
www.saleen351.com

Old 05-19-2013
SOEC Member

Wow, Molly too! That's pretty awesome

Old 05-23-2013
Administrator

05/23/2013:

We currently have 38 vehicles pre-registered for Carlisle.

1984-1993: 5

1994-2004: 12

2005-Present: 21
Old 05-23-2013
SOEC Member

38 is a good number! Installing my custom fuel rails this weekend if the parts arrive tomorrow as promised...if I don't blow up on the way it will be great to meet everyone!
Old 05-23-2013
SOEC Member

I´m already on the way as my car is in a container shipping from Iceland to Portland Maine. It will arrive on the 3rd of June and I will fly on the 4th and pick up the car on the 5th and then drive to Carlisle on the 6th and meet you guys. It will be great for me to finally meet other Saleen owners.
Saleen Sterling #15 10.847@132 MPH,
Saleen 2006 #1116 10.22@133 MPH
1966 Mustang Coupe

Reykjavik Iceland
Old 05-23-2013
SOEC Member

my sticker says Y167
Old 05-23-2013
SOEC Member

Default Carlisle June 7&8, 2013 Show & June 7 Dinner Update, 5/23/2013

Carlisle June 7&8, 2013 Show & June 7 Dinner Update, 5/23/2013

I checked with Carlisle registration today. They have 90 Saleen Mustangs + 30 other Saleen vehicles already preregistered for the show!

We expect to have a very busy day for Steve Saleen on Saturday. We will have a “Saleen Owners Only” autograph session on Friday to sign Saleen vehicles and other Saleen memorabilia. If possible, we want you to get your autographs done on Friday. If you are able to get your items autographed on Friday, we will ask that you don’t go through the autograph line again on Saturday to allow time for others. With the exciting news that about 120 Saleen vehicles registered, it is really important that on Friday we get as many vehicles autographed as possible. We know that some people can’t attend on Friday, so we will make sure that your vehicles get signed on Saturday. Steve will have 2 autograph sessions on Saturday, as well as 2 Q&A sessions at the Carlisle seminar tent.

I know that you all want a chance to chat with Steve, but please keep your time brief so we can get all of the autographs done!

If you have a dinner reservation, please check in with me at the SOEC tent by 2:00 on Friday to confirm your reservation. If you can’t make it to the show field by 2:00, but you will be at the dinner, please send me an e-mail message on Thursday, June 6th or Friday morning, June 7th to confirm your reservation. If your plans change, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible to make room for others. I can still take a few more reservations. We had an over whelming response for the dinner with Steve Saleen on June 7, 2013 at Carlisle, Pennsylvania. We made arrangements to use the main dining room for the 1st 70 reservations, as well as the adjacent smaller dining room for 15 people. Our maximum is 85. There is only an open large archway separating the 2 rooms, so those who sit in that room aren’t too removed from the rest of the group. The end of the reservation list will be asked to sit in the adjacent dining room.

We will leave the show field at 4:15 on Friday, June 7, 2013. We are scheduled to arrive for dinner between 4:30 and 4:45. Although the show runs until 5:00, Friday isn’t the big busy day, so we have permission to leave at 4:15. Please stay at the show until 4:15. The restaurant we are going to is Marcello's Ristorante, 900 Cavalry Rd., PA. You can check Google Maps. It is in a plaza behind the fair grounds.

Steve will also participate in the Saturday parade. Steve & Liz Saleen will drive 2013 Saleen 351 Prototype #001, and Rudy and Betsy Beyer will drive 1997 Saleen 351 #0014, and Molly Saleen will ride in Jose Becerra’s Saleen S351 #98-0014. All vehicles in the parade must be preregistered and have a ticket for the parade. Vehicles must be staged prior to 6:30pm for departure.

travcar
www.saleen351.com

Old 05-29-2013
SOEC Member

My sticker is Y167 and the number 536. Here is a picture of the car being shipped from Iceland to Portland Maine.
Attached Images

Saleen Sterling #15 10.847@132 MPH,
Saleen 2006 #1116 10.22@133 MPH
1966 Mustang Coupe

Reykjavik Iceland
Old 05-29-2013
Inactive Account

To add to the fun of the weekend we will have copies of The Saleen Book available for purchase they are $60 and you can get Steve to sign it for you. PM or Email me to reserve a copy saleenlocator@yahoo.com.
Old 05-29-2013
SOEC Member

Y167 #1640...hopefully I will get the leak fixed on my fuel rail installation this week!
Old 05-29-2013
SOEC Member

I missed the Pre-Registration date of May 6th, Had to make sure my work schedule was clear. Can you still submit a online registration or do I take care of the paperwork at the gate? This will be my 1st Saleen event ever since I purchased my 2006 in 2012. Thank You for any help and or guidance. Ceece
2006 Saleen S281SC #464,
1990 Mustang GT 600HP N/A
Old 05-29-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeDredd View Post
I missed the Pre-Registration date of May 6th, Had to make sure my work schedule was clear. Can you still submit a online registration or do I take care of the paperwork at the gate? This will be my 1st Saleen event ever since I purchased my 2006 in 2012. Thank You for any help and or guidance. Ceece
I believe the May 6th cut-off regarded both the 10% discount and having your event pass/entry window decal mailed to you.

You should still be able to register online, but you will have to stop at "check-in" to finalize your entry and receive your pass when you arrive at the fairgrounds.

If you pay online, print your confirmation receipt as proof you pre-paid.

Try to arrive at the fairgrounds early. If the weather is nice, "check-in" can be brutal (as well as traffic).
Old 05-29-2013
SOEC Member

Update...leak seems to be fixed...those darn steel braided hose compression fittings!! formal test to Bakers this Sunday!
Old 05-29-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I believe the May 6th cut-off regarded both the 10% discount and having your event pass/entry window decal mailed to you.

You should still be able to register online, but you will have to stop at "check-in" to finalize your entry and receive your pass when you arrive at the fairgrounds.

If you pay online, print your confirmation receipt as proof you pre-paid.

Try to arrive at the fairgrounds early. If the weather is nice, "check-in" can be brutal (as well as traffic).
Hey Dave! Do you know what section of the Fairgrounds that SOEC will be in yet? Will you be posting a map of the fairgrounds and also recommend a certain gate? Thanks.

Old 05-29-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
Hey Dave! Do you know what section of the Fairgrounds that SOEC will be in yet? Will you be posting a map of the fairgrounds and also recommend a certain gate? Thanks.
Hopefully we're back between gates 3 and 2 against the fence!
Old 05-29-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidvicious View Post
I believe the Saleen section will be between manufactures midway and the stage. This is the middle showfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Saleen1287 View Post
Hopefully we're back between gates 3 and 2 against the fence!
We will not be against the fence this year. For 2013 there was desire for a prominent location near manufactures midway. Also, we need space to accommodate a large amount of Saleen vehicles.

A map will soon be posted.
Old 05-29-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMcQueen View Post
Y167 #1640...hopefully I will get the leak fixed on my fuel rail installation this week!
Congratulations!

Sometimes I am glad I did not purchase those Fore fuel lines.

My sticker is Y167 #926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Sterling#15 View Post
My sticker is Y167 and the number 536. Here is a picture of the car being shipped from Iceland to Portland Maine.
Can't wait to see it!!!

Last edited by Dave; 05-29-2013 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Merge
Old 05-30-2013
SOEC Member

Fuel line leak fixed; was operator error looks great! you can check 'er out personally a week from now! I am definitely glad I did it...
Old 05-30-2013
SOEC Member

Any "NY-NJ-CT-Points Northeast" guys. '88#509, '91#73, SSC#117, & '93#35 will be meeting on I-95 South (New Jersey Turnpike) at the first rest stop (thomas edison service area) south of the Goethals Bridge (278) interchange. Service area is just south of exit 12 (there is food & fuel at this location).

Plan is to meet Friday (June 7th) at 4:00am, leave location by 4:45am latest, and travel turnpike south to 276 west (penn turnpike) right in to Carlisle early.

If your interested PM me,
Joshua
1988 Saleen Coupe #509
Fox Body Saleen; https://www.facebook.com/groups/FoxBodySaleen/
Old 05-30-2013
SOEC Member

Is this mustangs only or can I bring the focus? It's not signed but my mustang already is...
1994 S 351 R #37
2004 Saleen N20 Focus #45
Old 05-30-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen1 View Post
Is this mustangs only or can I bring the focus? It's not signed but my mustang already is...
All Saleen vehicles are welcome. The event is Mustang heavy, though there are 30 non-Mustangs registered.
Old 05-30-2013
Inactive Account

Please bring you Focus I know there will be a 04 there,

I am working with the guys Carlisle on a site map, we are in a good location and Carlslie has always done a gerat job of supporting the Saleen owners. With 90+ cars we are going to do our best to keep everyone close by.
Old 05-30-2013
SOEC Member

Greg, just sent you a PM!

'98 XP8 98-0056
'02 S281E 02-0012
'01 Mustang GT 385whp/385tq
'03 SVT Focus
'04 SVT Focus
Old 05-30-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I believe the Saleen section will be between manufactures midway and the stage. This is the middle showfield.

We will not be against the fence this year. For 2013 there was desire for a prominent location near manufactures midway. Also, we need space to accommodate a large amount of Saleen vehicles.

A map will soon be posted.
Thanks Dave! I think the Shelbys were in that prime section last year. It will be nice for the Saleens to kick them out! Unfortunately there is a chance of rain in the long range forecast. I'm hoping that the weatherman is wrong as usual.

Old 05-31-2013
Administrator

Just to share some news Betsy shared with me is in addition to the 30 non-Mustang Saleens, there are 90 pre-registered -- this is really going to be a great event for Saleen!

I saw Molly today and she's excited to meet everyone, as are Steve and Liz.

Betsy and Rudy left California this evening and are on the road with their 351 packed full of Saleen corporate show materials, banners and flags.

Dave has great goody bags for those who pre-registered with SOEC as their affiliation.

You'll be able to buy copies of The Saleen Book by Brad Bowling at the Saleen tent -- bring $60 cash if you want a Saleen Book 1984-2003, $30 if you want a Saleen Owner's Registry 1984-1996, and $20 if you want a SOEC ball cap -- all cash, please.

Steve will be autographing posters in a couple sessions, plus cars, but it's going to be a busy day so be patient and we'll try to get to everyone.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 05-31-2013
Inactive Account

Let's see if we can break the 100 mark for just the Mustangs

I was with the Saleens last week and they are very excited about the show and meeting everyone. Look forward to meeting a bunch of you at dinner not sure if I will be making the show on Saturday awaiting my schedule.