The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2010-2012 Michigan-Built Mustangs with the Saleen name
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2010-2012 Michigan-Built Mustangs with the Saleen name Michigan-built cars from 2010-2012 with the Saleen name. These vehicles do not have tech or parts support by Saleen Automotive in California.

Old 03-14-2014
SOEC Member

Right on !!! lets start a movement to recognize these vehicles. I am sure the owners would applaud this and feel part of the community to which they are justifiable apart of. Count me in - Can we query all owners for the appropriate information needed and who would be willing to provide all necessary documents to have these vehicles officially recognized and have Letters of Authenticity published.
Old 03-15-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliioct14 View Post
Right on !!! lets start a movement to recognize these vehicles. I am sure the owners would applaud this and feel part of the community to which they are justifiable apart of. Count me in - Can we query all owners for the appropriate information needed and who would be willing to provide all necessary documents to have these vehicles officially recognized and have Letters of Authenticity published.
IMO I don't care if it is recognized or not; you have one of the coolest looking Saleens EVER! Stormtrooper is the perfect nickname for it. The cool interior is just icing on the cake. I would proud as all get out to own that car. Congrats.

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 03-16-2014
SOEC Member

thanks for the kind words and I do agree it is awesome!! the saleen community recognizes it and that should be good enough!! enjoy the rides!!
Old 06-13-2014
Saleen Staff Users

The company that produced the 2010-2012 cars in Michigan is not out of business. In fact, it's the only company that has had parts available for the past year and a half. This forum tries real hard to change reality and paint a pretty picture.
Old 06-16-2014
Saleen Staff Users

Hey look at that, my comment was deleted. Thanks Dave. Guess you like to keep it to your script. I'll remember that next time you call me.
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Hey jarred I got your back !!! - The moderators deliver nothing they promise you and Dave R are real people delivering with real products with almost instant response. All should take note that SALEEN as it exist know are doomed to travel the exact path that caused them to loose the name in the first place. I am extremely frustrated by SALEEN as it exist and am so proud to have a TROY/Michigan built car that is represented by real car people that understand customer service!!
Old 06-16-2014
Saleen Staff Users

Thank you sir. All we want to do is get parts out to you, and all other owners that deserve parts for the cars they love. Dave knows this, he has bought from me personally. Although this is becoming increasingly harder to do... despite our best efforts...
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Karma is a *&^*& - a spoken or typed word that it not offensive being deleted is *&^*&^. You really have to question at this point the integrity of this forum and the people deleting posts especially if they are stating factual information. Keep up the good work!!! I think I have said this before but it bears repeating "Bad news travels quicker then Good news and Customer service is only as good as how you treated your last customer" I was treated like a rented mule!!
Old 06-16-2014
Administrator

I have not deleted any posts in this thread. We have three admins on this forum.

Yes, I am a customer. I never hid this.
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Jarred please repost I am curious what you have to say- thx
Old 06-16-2014
Administrator

New topic:

There was an agreement between Saleen Automotive and the entity in MI selling the inventory of Saleen Inc and MJA/Revstone equipment.

Saleen Automotive believes there were breaches in this agreement as well as assets not released. These topics have little to do with an enthusiasts organization.

Any current dispute between Saleen Automotive and what was Revstone have little to do with our forum.
Old 06-16-2014
Saleen Staff Users

Thank you for the clarification. Saleen of Michigan is not out of business as you previously stated.
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

I strongly disagree that this has nothing to do with this forum - I own a 2011 Saleen I want a Letter of Authenticity I don't care who currently owns the company, all I know is that the guys in Michigan take my calls handles my request fulfills my orders and is generally more knowledgeable of the products. There is a systemic problem with California Saleen that I find extremely frustrating as a consumer I know you strongly defend them as I do the same with the guys in Michigan. When they take your call I am sure it is vastly different then when I call.
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I have not deleted any posts in this thread. We have three admins on this forum.

Yes, I am a customer. I never hid this.
YOU may not have deleted a post but some moderator on this forum did. There was nothing inappropriate about what Jarred posted on June 13th. Just because someone disagrees with what is stated in a post does not mean that it has to be deleted. Facts are facts regardless..
Old 06-16-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliioct14 View Post
I strongly disagree that this has nothing to do with this forum - I own a 2011 Saleen I want a Letter of Authenticity I don't care who currently owns the company, all I know is that Michigan based Saleen takes my calls handles my request fulfills my orders and is generally more knowledgeable of the products. There is a systemic problem with California Saleen that I find extremely frustrating as a consumer I know you strongly defend them as I do the same with Michigan based Saleen. When they take your call I am sure it is vastly different then when I call.

If you own a 2011 "Saleen Mustang," you own what might be called an orphaned car.

Saleen in California knows nothing about your car; they did not build it and they have no records on it. They also have pretty much no parts for it.

And since you want a letter of authenticity, they can't help you, no matter how much you complain.

Unfortunately you bought a car built by a company that did not have a legal right to use the Saleen brand.

Michigan is probably able to return your calls since they have parts for your orphaned car; California does not.

If you need something from Saleen in California that you think they have, send me an email with what you need and I'll find out why they're not getting back to you.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 06-16-2014
Administrator

I deleted some posts that were taking the conversation off-topic.

I have restored them.

Keep post cool and on-topic please.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
If you own a 2011 "Saleen Mustang," you own what might be called an orphaned car.

Saleen in California knows nothing about your car; they did not build it and they have no records on it. They also have pretty much no parts for it.

And since you want a letter of authenticity, they can't help you, no matter how much you complain.

Unfortunately you bought a car built by a company that did not have a legal right to use the Saleen brand.

Michigan is probably able to return your calls since they have parts for your orphaned car; California does not.

If you need something from Saleen in California that you think they have, send me an email with what you need and I'll find out why they're not getting back to you.
Revstone/SPV are saying that we can not even get a LOA from them, because they are not allowed to. That Saleen INC. has locked down all sales ect. of anything having to do with the Saleen name. As long as the LOA states that the cars are Revstone/SPV cars from Troy Michigan, I do not see a problem or harm to anyone in letting them at least produce LOAs. Just sayin. They are no longer a "THREAT" to the Saleen brand.

Dale

Dale
Old 06-16-2014

What going on here?
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

And, by the way, in the end, the consumer should not have to pay for the legal battles that may exist between the two companies. At the time, we bought Saleen brand products in good faith regardless of the legalities involved. I feel that for those purchasers have been left out. I agree that it was sad that all the legal issues had to go down that way. However, there still should be some level of support provided if no other reason in that it carries the Saleen brand name.

Dale
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneQwkStang View Post
What going on here?
We are just having a friendly discussion. No flames..
Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyberSaint View Post
Revstone/SPV are saying that we can not even get a LOA from them, because they are not allowed to. That Saleen INC. has locked down all sales ect. of anything having to do with the Saleen name. As long as the LOA states that the cars are Revstone/SPV cars from Troy Michigan, I do not see a problem or harm to anyone in letting them at least produce LOAs. Just sayin. They are no longer a "THREAT" to the Saleen brand.

Dale

Dale
I can see how Revstone/SPV could want to play it safe and not issue LOA's. It sucks, but one can understand why. Can you imagine trying to explain to someone why your car has "Saleen" all over it, but the LOA doesn't? It is a mess, but that is the way it is and I don't see no amount of complaining changing that. I think it is awesome that Dave and Jim have put a place on this forum for those owning these cars even though they don't have a structure to help support them.
Old 06-16-2014
Administrator

The challenge comes into play when people bought an MJ/Revstone car during the time that Steve Saleen had a lawsuit filed against them -- anyone knowingly doing so, should have known better to not get mixed up in that, and probably should have passed, unless they simply wanted what the car offered.

Anyone unkowingly purchasing a car during that time, thinking they were purchasing a genuine "Steve Saleen Saleen" is an unfortunate victim.

Time may heal all this... but as of now it is what it is.

Anyone crying for an LOA because they want to sell their MJ/Revstone car should perhaps think twice about selling their car... not an ideal situation.

Back to the topic... Dave is trying to collect information on these cars, so please let's get back to that.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 06-16-2014
SOEC Member

Ok Jim,

I understand, but that still does not help with the frustration.

Syber
Old 06-17-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
unless they simply wanted what the car offered.
That's pretty much why I bought mine. That and the fact that, no offense to anyone who owns an SMS, I think the MJA/Revstone car looks better than the SMS. I was also 'hoping' that Steve would consider at least *recognizing* these cars. I would not expect him to warranty them or make parts for them.

If you take a step back for a minute, weren't these cars made by the same people and company that had made his cars up until he and the former company separated approx 2009?
Old 06-17-2014
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfalk View Post
If you take a step back for a minute, weren't these cars made by the same people and company that had made his cars up until he and the former company separated approx 2009?
The year 2007 saw the departures of Phil Frank (designer), Steve Saleen (founder), Billy Tally (engineering), John Spruill (engineering). Saleen, Inc merged with ASC during the spring/summer of 2007. Saleen executive positions were filled by ASC personnel with the remainder of Saleen staying course.

Saleen, Inc slowly closed during late 2008 with multiple employee layoffs. When HP sold Saleen assets in February 2009, a percentage personnel that worked for “Saleen, Inc” had moved to positions with Techco while most everyone else began new adventures.

After February 2009, MJA did rehire former Saleen sales, quality control and warranty personnel to fill similar or newly opened positions. The 2010-2012 MJA/Revstone production cars were designed by David Byron, former ASC designer, and were produced by Alternative Automotive. It is unclear whether ASC still exists. They may not have survived the collapse.

Alternative Automotive was founded by executives from Saleen Special Vehicles (SSV).

Revstone went into bankruptcy amongst multiple accusations of fraud. There were lists of unhappiness regarding their “family of companies.”

Trademarks for the “S” logo, “Saleen,” “Speedlab,” fonts etc… returned under the control of Steve Saleen during 2012.
Old 09-01-2014
Banned

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	11641 This is car 11-0041 imported to Australia converted to right hand drive. It is Sterling Gray & has auto trans.
Old 09-01-2014
Banned

Views:	82
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	11642Interior picture.
Old 09-01-2014
Banned

Views:	5
Size:	426.4 KB
ID:	11643 Front picture.
Old 09-01-2014
Banned

Views:	79
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	11644 Ford Racing Whipple installed on it.
Old 09-01-2014
Banned

Car 11-0010 is Silver and was imported to Australia and converted to RHD TO ADR standards and the vehicle is Australian compliance plated August 2011.
Old 12-11-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default 2011-#05 Vert Candy Apple Red

found 2011 #05 Special Editioon 2 of 2 MustNg Week.
http://dealerrevs.com/car/69461112
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 12-01-2015
Banned

2011 Saleen S 302 4V 5.0L V8 COUPE
Limited Edition- serial # 12
1ZVBP8CF4B5122608
Dark Candy Red with Dark Charcoal Saleen leather interior
Sold new by Mustang Australia - one owner

http://www.mustangaustralia.com/cars...ail.asp?id=169
Old 02-12-2018
SOEC Member

Default 2011 MJA S302 Saleen Mustang

I am the current owner of #19. I am the second owner. It was sold from VillaFord in Orange, California to the 1st owner in Houston, TX. I bought the car and it is now in north west Ohio. It is for sale also if anyone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5661.jpg  

IMG_5640.JPG  

IMG_5658.JPG  

Old 09-29-2019
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-outlaw2011 View Post
I am the current owner of #19. I am the second owner. It was sold from VillaFord in Orange, California to the 1st owner in Houston, TX. I bought the car and it is now in north west Ohio. It is for sale also if anyone is interested.
Thank you for sharing!
Old 12-19-2020
Administrator

We're still collecting information for the 2010-12 MJA/Revstone Mustangs.

What we currently have in out database:

2010 435S:
10-0001 435S
10-0002 435S
10-0003 435S
10-0004 435S
10-0005 435S
10-0007 435S
10-0008 435S
10-0009 435S
10-0010 435S
10-0011 435S
10-0012 435S
10-0013 435S
10-0020 435S

2010 S281 Supercharged:
10-0001S S281 Supercharged
10-0004S S281 Supercharged
10-0007S S281 Supercharged
10-0008S S281 Supercharged
10-0009S S281 Supercharged
10-0010S S281 Supercharged
10-0011S S281 Supercharged
10-0012S S281 Supercharged
10-0013S S281 Supercharged
10-0014S S281 Supercharged

2011 S302:
11-0003NA S302 4-Valve
11-0004NA S302 4-Valve
11-0005NA S302 4-Valve
11-0007NA S302 4-Valve
11-0008NA S302 4-Valve
11-0009NA S302 4-Valve
11-0010NA S302 4-Valve
11-0011NA S302 4-Valve
11-0012NA S302 4-Valve
11-0013NA S302 4-Valve
11-0014NA S302 4-Valve
11-0016NA S302 4-Valve
11-0018NA S302 4-Valve
11-0019NA S302 4-Valve
11-0020NA S302 4-Valve
11-0022NA S302 4-Valve
11-0023NA S302 4-Valve
11-0024NA S302 4-Valve
11-0025NA S302 4-Valve
11-0027NA S302 4-Valve
11-0030NA S302 4-Valve
11-0031NA S302 4-Valve
11-0034NA S302 4-Valve
11-0036NA S302 4-Valve
11-0037NA S302 4-Valve
11-0039NA S302 4-Valve
11-0041NA S302 4-Valve
11-0042NA S302 4-Valve

11-0001DR S302 4-Valve
11-0001R S302 4-Valve

2012 S302 4-Valve:
12-0001NA S302 4-Valve
12-0002NA S302 4-Valve
12-0003NA S302 4-Valve

If you would like to check your record for exterior color, body style, transmission, options etc... feel free to reach out.

Same applies if you see a vehicle not listed.
Old 06-26-2022
Saleen Forums Registrant

Hi Dave,

I just recently purchased a 2011 Saleen model 11-0037. Could you tell me more about this car I bought?

Thanks
Old 06-28-2022
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleens302super View Post
Hi Dave,

I just recently purchased a 2011 Saleen model 11-0037. Could you tell me more about this car I bought?

Thanks

Hi. 11-0037NA is a white paint convertible with a 6-speed manual transmission. Saleen content: Brake Upgrade, Styling Bar, N2+ shocks, Supercharged.

From my understanding Saleen Automotive has the production records for these cars and do produce LOA on request.

MJA / Revstone produced about 16 convertibles for 2011 and one is believed to be white paint. (Estimates)
Old 06-28-2022
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thank you!
Old 07-23-2023
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubnhad View Post
Car 11-0010 is Silver and was imported to Australia and converted to RHD TO ADR standards and the vehicle is Australian compliance plated August 2011.

Hi guys
Car 11-0010 sounds like a sleek Silver model that underwent a meticulous transformation to meet Australia's road regulations and standards, converting it to Right-Hand Drive (RHD) and receiving Australian compliance plates in August 2011.
Old 08-06-2023
Administrator

I saw a white MJA/Revstone coupe in traffic 2-3 weeks ago.