The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-04-2021
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default 99-04 Boost/Temp Gauges??

My 02 was a naturally aspirated car to which I added a series 2 supercharger years ago, but never put any boost/temp gauges. I was able to buy some original Saleen boost/temp gauges this morning on ebay.

To try to install them as close to the placement that Saleen would have used as well. I was wondering if some of you could share how far back the cluster is form the center climate control vents. Some pictures along with measurements would be appreciated.

There is a chance that the shop that does the install will pick the same spot due to brackets or whatever might have been used to keep them in place, but I also tough I would ask on here too.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by 02saleen; 06-04-2021 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-20-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

I’m new here but I have a 99 I can try to measure for you if needed.
Old 06-21-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

If you are close to San Diego, you are more than welcome to come grab measurements and check it out in person.
Old 06-24-2021

I'm about 3 hours north of SD and that's without traffic lol.

If you can send me pictures or post them on here I would appreciate it (no rush).

The install is on hold for now as the shop is still waiting on some suspension parts from Maximum Motorsports. It seems some have a decent backorder on them as some orders from April are still pending. I am trying to be patient and just take the car in once to have the suspension redone, front brake calipers, driver seat rewelded and now the gauges.
Old 07-08-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

Here’s some quick photos. Disregard my radio bezel. Previous owner fudged a lot on her and I’m the process of restoring her.

Last edited by Talon4u2nv; 10-04-2021 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-08-2021
Saleen Forums Registrant

Here’s some of my 99. Working on restoring her so be easy on the previous owners painted radio bezel nightmare.

Last edited by Talon4u2nv; 07-08-2021 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-09-2021

Thank you for providing the pictures

The one thing I can't seem to find and the shop that is looking to do the work had question on as well is the pressure sending unit for the boost.

In the install guide below they seem to connect it to the pressure sending unit which I can’t seem to find on my series 2. I do notice that on the install guide they use a series IV. Does the Series 2 have the pressure sending unit in a different place? If it's in the same place it should be in the area I circled. I can order one from Saleen, but I also wanted to see where the Series 2 has it in case it is different than the series IV in the install guide.

https://www.soec.org/manuals/interio...ng/047-397.pdf

https://www.saleenperformance.com/products/047-590

Thanks in advance to everyone for your help/time
Attached Thumbnails
Series 2.jpg  

Old 07-12-2021
Saleen Forums Participant

Maybe this is the area they are talking about??
Attached Thumbnails
Boost Sending.jpg  

'02 S281 SC #648
Old 10-01-2021

Thank you all for the pics and responses.

It seems the gauges are digital and dont seem to work 100% as they light up but the needles don't move. The shop tried another temp gauge and did work. I'm sending the gauges to see if they can be repaired hopefully that goes well so they can finally be installed.

What have others done to fix gauges? I was thinking buying new ones and changing the Saleen faces, but not sure how good that will be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Attachment 25537Attachment 25538Attachment 25539

Last edited by 02saleen; 10-01-2021 at 10:21 PM.