The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > South
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Topics for events and get-togethers in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana & Mississippi.

Old 09-20-2009
SOEC Member

Exclamation MustangFest 2009 - Mustang Island, TX - Oct. 1-4

South Texas' Mustang Island to host Mustang Festival

Classic car owners celebrate 45th birthday

<www.MustangFest.INFO>

PORT ARANSAS
In early October, the Texas Riviera will be the location of south Texas own MustangFest 2009 to celebrate the 45th birthday of what organizers have coined Americas Car... the popular Ford Mustang and its variants over the years. Pony Car owners from all over Texas and surrounding states will descend on Mustang Island for the multi-day event. Numerous styles of Mustangs will be cruised and displayed near Port Aransas in what producers have described as one of the largest gatherings of its kind in south Texas. Shelby Mustangs, classic cars and custom Mustangs are expected to be seen around the Corpus Christi Bay area during the event.

The festival is scheduled for October 1-4, 2009 and producers promise lots of excitement with Mustang GTs, GTAs, Cobras, Shelbys, Saleens, Roush Mustangs, Boss 351s, Mustang IIs, California Specials, exotic racing Mustangs and more. According to event producer Tom Hartford, this is a six-year project leading up to the Mustangs 50th birthday in 2014. Over the next five years, we hope MustangFest will become known for its good neighbor policies in the small city of Port Aransas, respect for local residents affected by the temporary traffic and an ever-increasing anticipation of great entertainment... which allows locals to attend the celebration as they desire; admission is free. The main entertainment this year on the outdoor stage is Irie Time from Houston... playing at 7:00p. We continue to upload information to the event website, allowing everyone to see the bands and electronic event posters online at www.MustangFest.INFO keeping the public up-to-date on activities ensures a good turnout.

A large contingent of Mustangs from all over Texas will arrive into San Antonio on Thursday evening to join up with members of San Antonio Mustang Club (MustangFest 2009s Host Club) and members of the South Texas Mustang Club for an evening of celebration hosted by San Antonios Jordan Ford. The pony car owners will gather Friday in downtown San Antonio (after their obligatory Alamo and Riverwalk visits), said Tom Bader, coordinator for the host club. The Mustangs are expected to depart San Antonio at 1:00p and arrive in Corpus Christi around 3:30p for pre-check-in with local Ford dealer representatives on South Padre Island Drive, allowing for media shots from local TV photojournalists and print news photographers MustangFest 2009 participants Friday night in Port Aransas.

The event is a first for Port Aransas. Local residents, restaurants and businesses are expected to see a welcome gathering of visitors who have never experienced the 30 years ago feel of island time on the Texas Riviera. The location was chosen for its unique yesteryear ambience and its namesake location — Mustang Island.

Featured on Saturday morning of each annual MustangFest will the Island Mustang Cruise, where groups of Mustangs from clubs and organizations statewide will leave Port Aransas after breakfast and head over the high-span of the bridge to Corpus Christi, cruising the metropolitan Corpus Christi area and returning for positioning at Island Moorings Yacht Club — the host location for MustangFest 2009. We anticipate Mustang owners in south Texas will gradually join in behind the organized groups, with a snowball effect, creating a spectacular public look at generations of Americas car. The cruise will be mostly on highways and expressways to prevent traffic snarls, according to Hartford. Event officials say that with over 500,000 units sold in its first year, the Ford Mustang has been produced for some 45 consecutive years and is (arguably) the most popular car in America. Information is available via MustangFest at (405) 563-0307 or www.MustangFest.INFO. The event is open to the public.

http://www.samustang.com/MustangFest2009.htm

http://www.mustangfest.info/
Old 09-21-2009
Administrator

You know.... with a "Mustang Elvis," this event can't lose!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 09-21-2009
SOEC Member

Ha - You Know it !!! I'll be there !!!
Old 09-21-2009
SOEC Member

Just booked my room !!!!

Here are the places that have the best rates for Mustang Fest Participants.

361-749-3866 $69 a night

The Dunes - where most of us will be staying 361-749-5155

Old 09-23-2009
SOEC Member

I will join up when it reaches San Antonio...
Old 09-23-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barricade View Post
I will join up when it reaches San Antonio...

Sweet - Will see you then !! Talked to Tom the Producer of the event and he stated that they will be meeting up at the Cowboys Dancehall off of I35 on that Friday and will be departing at 12 noon on the dot for the last leg of the 2 1/2 hour drive to Port A / Mustang Island !! Besure to reserve a room somewhere down there, they are going fast. Most of the guys will be staying at THE DUNES, but they are already booked up.
Old 09-30-2009
SOEC Member

Any Saleen's on this board going this weekend, besides me and Barricade?? or are we going to be the lone two Saleens out of a 1000+ stangs ?
Old 09-30-2009
SOEC Member

Remember, we have to be at Cowboys by 11am for the briefing before they head out at Noon.
Old 10-01-2009
SOEC Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barricade View Post
Remember, we have to be at Cowboys by 11am for the briefing before they head out at Noon.

Cool - I will be there by then ! My only decision is if I should bring my tonnea cover s/? - ugh thanks rain !!
Old 10-04-2009
SOEC Member

Well rain killed most of this event. About 80% cancellations I think....

Anyway it proceeded. WickedS281SC took first in his class!!

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Barricade transformed and destroyed a few cars which livened up things a bit....
But as disorganized as 1st time events can be the people there made all the difference.

Next time lets all stay at the same hotel though....That would have been allot better. Quarters anyone??? lol
Old 10-05-2009
SOEC Member

Thanks Barricade !!! And Congrats to you being the only car w/ two awards !!! SWEET !!! Se you later this month at the Bourne Event!!
Old 10-07-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

Default Mustang Fest

Steve here ..thanks again for coming out to Mustang
Fest 2009 ..I know there a lot of misunderstanding uncalled for circumstances that i promise will not happen again . We will be meeting to discuss 2010 Mustang Fest if the San Antonio Mustang club will not have the control that we should have in some of the ares of the event ,we will not be hosting the show next yr but if we do get the control that we want then it will be an event that should not be missed...thank you and your friends for coming and being patient with us for the whole weekend ..looking forward to seeing you again and will try to keep in touch.

Steve Martinez
Prez. San Antonio Mustang Club
Old 10-07-2009
Administrator

If we can round up the Texas Saleen owners, perhaps SOEC can get involved to promote this event and also to sponsor an appropriate array of Saleen class trophies?

How's that sound?

I'm open to comments or suggestions as to how we can help get some more Saleens to this event if the owners are willing to attend.

PM me any time.
Old 10-07-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen Forums Admin View Post
If we can round up the Texas Saleen owners, perhaps SOEC can get involved to promote this event and also to sponsor an appropriate array of Saleen class trophies?

How's that sound?

I'm open to comments or suggestions as to how we can help get some more Saleens to this event if the owners are willing to attend.

PM me any time.
I agree ...as soon as i get the final word on our involvement..i will get with you to get something set up ..thank you for your interest .its going to take mustang and ford lovers to make this event (a must to be at event)

Steve
Old 10-08-2009
SOEC Member

Talking

Sounds good - looking for a even bigger turn out next year !!!

Here is the link to the all the pics I took at the fest !

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...atmTZy2cMWLIuA

Last edited by Dave; 10-09-2009 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Merge posts.
Old 10-09-2009
Saleen Forums Registrant

nice pics bro ..thanks for sharing them ...my poor poor roush ended up on a trailer