The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 06-24-2014
SOEC Member

Default Q: 2002-2004 Extreme Heads

What heads did Saleen use on the Extreme models, all I've seen was on the info specs is aluminum heads. Reason I'm asking is I'm thinking about porting my heads. Wondering if it would be worth the hassle and money for the gain. I would like to keep the same heads to keep the originality of the car. Although heads are pretty much hidden under the valve covers.
Old 06-24-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Saleen ported the heads. If your looking to add more power, have the intake elbow where it meets the blower unit ported. Also, add a larger throttle body. You could also go smaller on the blower pulley, it appears in your most recent pictures its near stock size.
Old 06-24-2014
SOEC Member

Oh ok..I wasn't sure what they actually did to the heads. I figured they would upgrade them. Supposedly the car came with a bigger accufab throttle body in it already so i might just do that then. I was just trying to see my options. Thanks
Old 06-25-2014
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Honestly, there are alot of items that will yield you good power on your Extreme. If you open the hood and look at the follow size tube from fender to throttle body, it shrinks down pretty good, then is opened again to the elbow intake. Both paths can be made larger, one by porting and the other by larger TB. Course once you add air, then your blower will want to supply more in terms of a smaller pulley. Then your motor will desire more fuel, so injectors will need fuel pressure turned up, etc....its just a fun game too play. My extreme did 470 rwhp 474 tq, and there is still plenty more in it if i want, but it breaks them loose sometimes in 3rd which can be an eye opener.
Old 06-25-2014
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleenster View Post
Honestly, there are alot of items that will yield you good power on your Extreme. If you open the hood and look at the follow size tube from fender to throttle body, it shrinks down pretty good, then is opened again to the elbow intake. Both paths can be made larger, one by porting and the other by larger TB. Course once you add air, then your blower will want to supply more in terms of a smaller pulley. Then your motor will desire more fuel, so injectors will need fuel pressure turned up, etc....its just a fun game too play. My extreme did 470 rwhp 474 tq, and there is still plenty more in it if i want, but it breaks them loose sometimes in 3rd which can be an eye opener.
The last dyno the car had last august it was putting down 391rwhp and 402tq. I'm throwing 11lbs of boost sometimes 12 depending on the day. Maybe with a little more tweaks Ill be over 400 which is my goal and I'll be fine with that.