The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos Photos and videos from events, shows, gatherings, race days, or other memories to share digitally.

Old 02-17-2010
Suspended Account

Default 06-1247 is now mine. S281 SC Screaming Yellow PICS!!!

Hello fellow Saleen enthusiasts, ive been lurking on the site for a bit, ive made a few posts and a thread trying to brush up on my Saleen details because i was making a deal on a 2006 Saleen S28.1 I bought it!

Its a long story, i tried to buy this car about 2 years ago before i bought my current 07' GT Convert . The dealer had it in the used lot, over time and several visits they finally came down to a price we could both agree on. The car has 5k miles on it, it has some lil things to fix here and there but its clean. The car was built in 06' purchased in 07', the dealer was the second owner, i still have the warranty until May!

I like the color but yellow is not really my thing, i would never buy a yellow car The Scenic Roof was really the hook for me, i love Verts but this Glass top is the ultimate compromise. The seats are so much more comfortable and better looking than my GT, it has a blower, suspension work, Big brakes, it just has a lot of stuff ive already done to my GT but with a tons of icing on the cake. I had to have this car, its the best worst decision ive ever made.

Its been snowing so i havnt been able to drive much but so far its fun! great low end torque, its sunny in the car, even in the winter!

It's an Irvine, CA car, its also an early Glass Roof, its also SC'd, its also YELLOW. I get that feeling that the build #'s of this combo are small.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Last edited by redmosessc; 02-17-2010 at 11:14 PM. Reason: correct color name
Old 02-17-2010
SOEC Member

congrats on your purchase. I made the same mistake a few years back and drove my saleen and yep I took her home. I like the glass roof and the picture also.
Old 02-17-2010
Administrator

Nice purchase! I can recall a similar vehicle within a pre-owned center back in 2007 or 2008, up north. This is Ford Screaming Yellow, correct? Not the Saleen Custom Color "Speedlab."
Old 02-17-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Congrats on your new car. Was this car on Northern Blvd at DiBlasi Ford? I think I may have sat in your car. I can't remember if the one I was in had the scenic roof option.
Old 02-17-2010
SOEC Member

Congrats on the purchase. you will definitely attract attention!!

2007 Extreme 0042
Old 02-17-2010
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Very nice Saleen! That screamin' yellow is unreal!
Old 02-17-2010

Sweet Ride. I'm a ragtop guy also, but I have to say that if I had to have a hardtop, that scenic roof is wild. Congrats!
Old 02-17-2010
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Nice purchase! I can recall a similar vehicle within a pre-owned center back in 2007 or 2008, up north. This is Ford Screaming Yellow, correct? Not the Saleen Custom Color "Speedlab."

Edit: just checked 2006 brochure, it IS "Screaming Yellow". Ill change the title.

What does Speed Lab Yellow look like?

Last edited by redmosessc; 02-17-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-17-2010
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendoo130 View Post
Congrats on your new car. Was this car on Northern Blvd at DiBlasi Ford? I think I may have sat in your car. I can't remember if the one I was in had the scenic roof option.
yep, thats the one.
Old 02-17-2010

Sweet! I really like that glassroof
Old 02-18-2010
SOEC Member

That's awesome man. I wish I had the scenic roof
Old 02-18-2010
SOEC Member

Wow! She is a beaut! Lovethat senic roof!
Now go put her in a garage till spring! j/j
#06-409
MMR 1000S 302 Stroker, BBR Stage 2 cams 3.0 pulley 39# injectors, upgraded CAI, 20" Chrome w/275/35ZR's, 14 in Front Brakes, GT500 Heat Exchanger and Walbro Super Car dual fuel pumps, Rear bumper inlays, Shaftmaster 3.5 Alum Driveshaft, AEM Wideband A/F guage, Pypes Long tube headers X-pipe w/o Cats, Extreme chin spoiler, Steeda Tri-Ax short throw shifter, Hood Struts WMS stealth hood pins, Adj upper and lower rear control arms. tuned by Lito.
Old 02-18-2010
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmosessc View Post
Edit: just checked 2006 brochure, it IS "Screaming Yellow". Ill change the title.

What does Speed Lab Yellow look like?

speedlab yellow S7
Old 02-18-2010
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggywigton View Post
Now go put her in a garage till spring! j/j
I drive my GT all year round (weekends), so long as the roads are dry but i have ALL Season Micheline Sport'. The Pirelli Rosso's on the S281 dont grip AT ALL in this freezing weather but im sure they will make up for it once the weather gets a bit warmer.
Old 02-18-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmosessc View Post
Hello fellow Saleen enthusiasts, ive been lurking on the site for a bit, ive made a few posts and a thread trying to brush up on my Saleen details because i was making a deal on a 2006 Saleen S28.1 I bought it!
Welcome to the very exclusive "Yellow Saleen with Scenic Roof" club! Yours is the only other one I've seen so far...

Chris.