The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos Photos and videos from events, shows, gatherings, race days, or other memories to share digitally.

Old 10-28-2004
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default 2005 Saleen Mustang Debut

Please go here for the pictures:

http://soec.org/2005-saleen-mustang-debut//

SOEC Member and Supporter

Last edited by Jim D.; 09-23-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 10-28-2004

Default Video: 2005 Saleen Mustang Debut

https://soec.org/steve-saleen-sophis...05-s281-debut/

SOEC Member and Supporter
Old 10-28-2004

:D Thanks for the heads up on the 2005 Saleen, because I had heard rumors that there was not going to be a new Saleen mustang. I think that is the best looking Saleen mustang since the 87-93 F-bodies(this is just my opinion, and I don't mean to offend anyone), but I have to say that this thing is just AWESOME! I can't to see what Saleen will do with the 06 Cobra, has anyone heard how much HP the 06 Cobra will have? I have also heard the rumor that Carroll Shelby is going to another mustang in 06, is there any truth to that? Thanks.
Old 11-02-2004

:( I must say that I am very disappointed with the 05 Saleen! It seems to me that they fitted too much from the 99-04 edge design onto the more retro 2005 body and its just not blending. What's with the removal of the grille too? Leave the running horse on and to replace it with a bland plastic looking plain grille is tacky! The wheels need to be changed period! They look a lot like the 7-series BMW and on the retro body they do not look good at all. Also, take the S7's rear grille off. Its a Mustang! As a current owner of 2 Saleen's and when Ford releases the Mach 1, Cobra, and yes the Shelby versions and Roush too, I think Saleen will be losing sales big time. :(
Old 11-09-2004
Saleen Forums Participant

Default I like it

Great pix. I personally like the 2005 Saleen, but of course I like just about anything with an engine and at least a couple of wheels. :D

Does anybody happen to know the performance of the 2005 Mustang? 0 - 60? 1/4-mile?

What's the weight of the 2005 Saleen?
Old 01-10-2005

I am with you on the wheel part. I really do not like the wheels on the cars. But I guess the rest of it is alright. I am waiting for the supercharged version to get out. And then read the reviews on how good they are.

2002 S/C Saleen Coupe
Torch Red #293
21st Century Heat Exchanger
21st Century Intercooler
Brembo Brakes
Corbeau Seats