The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > SMS/Saleen Challenger and Camaro Discussions > 2009-2014 SMS 570 and 570X Challenger
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2009-2014 SMS 570 and 570X Challenger For some, it's Mopar or No Car -- discuss the SMS and Saleen 570 or 570X Challenger by Steve Saleen.

Old 08-30-2019
Saleen Forums Registrant

Question Q: About 2009-10 570X?

I'm currently looking to purchase a 570x challenger after looking at a 2014 570 anniversary. As an owner of a 09 SRT challenger, I was looking to get a 2009-2010 Saleen now that I've had this one for 6 years and wanting to get rid of it.

Question1: Why do some saleen 570x's have a 6.4L or 6.7L? is this because of the years they were made?
Question 2: What price range do these cars go for, because I've seen some for 40-50k on ebay and elsewhere.
Question 3. Where is the best way to go about finding one, as Ebay currently doesn't seem to have any actual ones.
Old 08-30-2019
Administrator

Welcome to the forums and we hope to be of help to you!

Upfront: I don't know much about the SMS/Saleen 570 Challengers.

Q1: There was an engine supplier change early in the 570 program. I don't know if this had an impact on engine size, but the engine source changed.

Q2: The "X" models are fairly uncommon. Some "X's" are equipped with the optional candy custom paint option. Vehicles with this paint option tend to be the higher priced versions. I've seen high asking prices on the media "X" as well.

Q3: Being plugged into the Saleen vehicle community can assist in finding your desired "X." I would also view the late-model Chrysler/Dodge communities.

The early production SMS 570s were not supercharged. It would be interesting to track the running changes because I have a feeling there are variances from model year to model year.

Best of luck to you.
Old 02-01-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Welcome to the forums and we hope to be of help to you!

Upfront: I don't know much about the SMS/Saleen 570 Challengers.

Q1: There was an engine supplier change early in the 570 program. I don't know if this had an impact on engine size, but the engine source changed.

Q2: The "X" models are fairly uncommon. Some "X's" are equipped with the optional candy custom paint option. Vehicles with this paint option tend to be the higher priced versions. I've seen high asking prices on the media "X" as well.

Q3: Being plugged into the Saleen vehicle community can assist in finding your desired "X." I would also view the late-model Chrysler/Dodge communities.

The early production SMS 570s were not supercharged. It would be interesting to track the running changes because I have a feeling there are variances from model year to model year.

Best of luck to you.
Thanks for the info Dave, when you mean higher prices on ‘media x’ is this because of the limited production of 570X vehicles compared to 570? Also, Do you think saleen 570x challengers are worth 40k if one were to show up on the market? Because I’ve seen a 570X listed on the internet recently for 69k and there was a apelizious 570X sold in 2015 for 40k. Or are their values dependent on a random scale decided by a seller or general demand?
Old 02-07-2020
Administrator

Hi! I think the higher asking prices for "former media vehicles" as well as highly optioned 570X production cars come by-way-of a perceived collector angle.

With the commonality of high-horsepower vehicles now days as well as a collection of high performance Chrysler vehicles directly from a dealer showroom, purchasing a 570X becomes more of an emotional process and not that of logic or finances.

If you desire a fast Dodge with dealer servicing or with limited parts support, best to buy a new(er) car.

Is a pre-owned SMS/Saleen 570X worth $40,000.00? Well. There's a chance such a vehicle had an MSRP of 80-100K. Half price sounds fair given the high cost when new.

These 570/570X models are not mainstream. They are fairly uncommon and given this rarity it does become a case-by-case experience when shopping for a pre-owned one.

Yes, one person might be happy with a 37K offer, while someone else may want 62K firm. So, pricing for these vehicles has a spectrum.

Keep in mind during 2011-12 through 2014 there are three levels of 570 as well.
Old 02-26-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Hi! I think the higher asking prices for "former media vehicles" as well as highly optioned 570X production cars come by-way-of a perceived collector angle.

With the commonality of high-horsepower vehicles now days as well as a collection of high performance Chrysler vehicles directly from a dealer showroom, purchasing a 570X becomes more of an emotional process and not that of logic or finances.

If you desire a fast Dodge with dealer servicing or with limited parts support, best to buy a new(er) car.

Is a pre-owned SMS/Saleen 570X worth $40,000.00? Well. There's a chance such a vehicle had an MSRP of 80-100K. Half price sounds fair given the high cost when new.

These 570/570X models are not mainstream. They are fairly uncommon and given this rarity it does become a case-by-case experience when shopping for a pre-owned one.

Yes, one person might be happy with a 37K offer, while someone else may want 62K firm. So, pricing for these vehicles has a spectrum.

Keep in mind during 2011-12 through 2014 there are three levels of 570 as well.
I saw the 2014 Anniversary Saleen challenger and it looked nice, but ended up getting the faster 700hp Saleen challenger 570X for a really good price through a seller and I must say it’s way faster than my SRT and looks nice in person. No issues with the car so far which is great.
I was doing further research before the purchase and found on social media sites that had pictures of two 700X 900 horsepower saleen challengers. The owner stated both were made in Canada only though. However, couldn’t find any info of the two cars anywhere online, aside from the owners social media account. I’m curious to hear about that cars engine displacement, interior options, and more. Was curious if you knew about the 700x models in Canada?

Thanks,
Old 02-03-2021
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09SRT8 View Post
I'm currently looking to purchase a 570x challenger after looking at a 2014 570 anniversary. As an owner of a 09 SRT challenger, I was looking to get a 2009-2010 Saleen now that I've had this one for 6 years and wanting to get rid of it.

Question1: Why do some saleen 570x's have a 6.4L or 6.7L? is this because of the years they were made?
Question 2: What price range do these cars go for, because I've seen some for 40-50k on ebay and elsewhere.
Question 3. Where is the best way to go about finding one, as Ebay currently doesn't seem to have any actual ones.
Have you managed to find one?
Old 02-05-2021
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calix Lee View Post
Have you managed to find one?
Post #1 and #5 are the same person, so i'm guessing yes he did find one.
Sold xp8 2000 #30, all options including alcons