The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 07-24-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Question Advice needed: 03-0190 S281 SC

Hi there

I am totally new to this forum and recently looked at a 2003 Saleen SC 2V convertible with 50,000 miles. The price I thought was decent at $21,000 cad ($15,653 usd). The seller seems to be really knowledgeable of the vehicle. One thing that sort of scared me off was that he said that I may not have to do it this season but would highly recommend getting it done next year. He has all the parts and just need to be installed. Bigger injectors, fuel rail and 225lph fuel pump & a tune to keep up with the header and upgraded exhaust. I honestly don’t need a power house to get max power. Could a person run it as is without hurting it? I just want to see what I am getting myself into and not turning it into a regretful decision. Thanks in advance

Ad description: 2003 saleen S281 Supercharged convertible. mishimoto oversized aluminum rad, new rad support, 75 mm BBK Throttle body, NGK spark plugs, MSD blaster coil packs, upper and lower tie rod ends, front Racecraft suspension, oversized swaybar, caster camber plates, 1 5/8" bbk longtube headers, 2.5" BBK X-pipe, Flo pro catback, axel exchange aluminum driveshaft. nitto 555 g2 255 (Front) nitto nt05 295 (Rear). 1 of 889 ever made from 99-04. 1 of 102 made in 2003

Ad:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...rce=ios_social
Old 07-25-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Some pictures I took
Attached Thumbnails
saleen1.jpg  

saleen2.jpg  

saleen7.jpg  

saleen5.jpg  

saleen6.jpg  

Old 07-28-2020
Saleen Forums Participant

Default Be careful

Seems like too much work for that kind of money they are asking. I have a 2003 with mostly the same options from Saleen. The only thing I change was the fuel pump, (which by the way) was a PIA!... My car running fine just the way it was designed...
My .02
2003-#313 281 SC Convertible HH edition
Old 07-29-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5150 View Post
Seems like too much work for that kind of money they are asking. I have a 2003 with mostly the same options from Saleen. The only thing I change was the fuel pump, (which by the way) was a PIA!... My car running fine just the way it was designed...
My .02

Thanks for the reply. Im still thinking about it and haven't made a decision yet. I have heard theres a work around and can install a kenne Bell boost instead of going thru the trouble of installing a fuel pump.