The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos Photos and videos from events, shows, gatherings, race days, or other memories to share digitally.

Old 12-03-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default The 2015 Mustang. It's here.

You mean for this...

Old 12-03-2013

Ohh the idea's rolling around in my head!

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 12-03-2013

Sorry guys, it was leaked 2 days early and I couldn't help myself haha
Old 12-04-2013

i know im not the only one that thinks it looks terrible.
Old 12-04-2013
SOEC Member

If that is the new Mustang, Saleen has its work cut out for them...
Old 12-04-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

Idk man, I bet Saleen can make that car look bad ***.. imagine it with the usual agressive front bumper.
Old 12-04-2013
SOEC Member

Not arguing that, but I wouldn't buy it as it sits. It would have to be "Saleen-ized" before I would even consider it.
Old 12-04-2013
SOEC Member

After much conversation with Amanda, about this event, it isn't RSVP, it is first come first serve.
Old 12-04-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
We are going to do a cruise from our shop to the event. Here's the link if you want to join us! https://www.facebook.com/events/686487374719242/?ref=22
See you there... still waiting to hear from the detail peeps on the time. Thanks for your help.
Old 12-04-2013
Administrator

I'll go against the grain and say "I like the 2015 Mustang." I was a big fan of the retro / traditional design 2005 model, but I've tired of "retro."

If I want a 1965 Mustang, I'll buy a 1965 Mustang (or a 2005).
Old 12-04-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam dawson View Post
i know im not the only one that thinks it looks terrible.
I'll gotta agree, I'm not a fan.
Old 12-04-2013
SOEC Member

Looks like an Audi TT on steriods from the front . . enjoy the cruise to Venice Beach . . enjoying 7' of new snow today in Mpls . . grrrrrrrrr
Old 12-04-2013
SOEC Member

Make that just 7" of snow . . ha
Old 12-04-2013
Administrator

2015 Ford Mustang: The Real Thing, Leaked (Now With Official Ford Info)

By Nelson Ireson

The 2015 Ford Mustang is all over the place--literally. First an early run of Autoweek outed the 2015 Ford Mustang in leaked images of its next issue. Then TIME added to the leak with clearer digital images, followed by the guys at Mustang6G with the GT version, badges and all (see the gallery at the bottom of this post).

Ford's launch of the Mustang has, thus far, been utterly shambolic. Leaks, then more leaks, and now, shooting themselves in both feet, releasing key details on a consumer-facing website. So we gathered the key stats and brought them to you.

There will be three engines, in fact, and they are the 3.7-liter V-6 we already know, the 2.3-liter EcoBoost turbocharged four-cylinder we've long expected, and the same 5.0-liter V-8 from the previous GT, but this time, upgraded with more horsepower. How much more? At least Ford is keeping that cat in the bag.

Horsepower figures are absent across the board, in fact, but Ford does claim the new EcoBoost four-cylinder Mustang "delivers efficiency with real power" to the pony car. Direct injection and a twin-scroll turbocharger are the highlight technologies.

Part of the Autoweek article visible in the leaked images notes a 200-pound weight loss. That would put the 2015 Mustang at something close to 3,300 pounds in V-6 form. That's an improvement over the last Mustang, but not as svelte as we might have hoped.

Independent suspension is also standard, which is a plus over the solid-axle fifth-generation car, but you'll have to suffer through the improved ride quality with SYNC with MyFord Touch on board if you want infotainment. A range of 18, 19, and 20-inch wheels will be available, and initial launch paint colors will include: Race Red, Competition Orange, Triple Yellow, Deep Impact Blue, Ruby Red, Black, Magnetic, Guard, and Ingot Silver.

Blind-spot monitors, cross-traffic alert, and a lot of other safety features your average Mustang driver will completely ignore are also available.

Ford also confirms a convertible will be coming to ride alongside the fastback coupe. Ford says it drops its top in half the time of the current Mustang.

So when can you get your hands on a new 2015 Mustang? Not until "late 2014," says Ford, whether you want the hard top or the soft top.

Until then, you can always entertain yourself with these Ford taglines:

YOU WON'T MISS YOUR
INHIBITIONS ONE BIT.

PREPARE FOR TAKEOFF.

INTERESTING HOW QUICKLY
WANT BECOMES NEED.

UNLIKE ANY OBSESSION
YOU’VE EVER HAD.

Hey, Ford, you're selling a car right? Not certain Craigslist services?

www.motorauthority.com/news/1088868
Old 12-04-2013
SOEC Member

Thanks for sharing all the information..I almost feel like I was part of the "reveal" I believe with all the different sources reporting the same pictures; we have seen the new mustang. However; is it all a farce? Is Ford that good that they could fool us all and reveal someting totally different?!! tomorrow will tell!
Old 12-04-2013
Banned

Default 2015 Mustang

And so here it is gents.. the (ehem...) all new 2015 mustang.
what'cha think.

Im a bit mixed actually.
And im sure Ford execs were as well.
For one thing. Ford began to learn just how much people oversea's love the mustang, particularly the current stang. Thing is.. oversea's.. people are well familiar with makes and models from Europe and Japan, but in many places fabled american muscle is unknown outside of movies and films. And they crave something different than the usual over glorified outa reach exotic.
Even in places like italy theirs a huge desire for v8 muscle cars.
So i think ford simply played it 'safe' with the design changes, i think too little was done in comparison to the current car but im sure they want to sell what those prosective buyers oversea's are currently craving for.
so Ford played it safe.
I would've preferred something far more mean and aggressive. more Future forward thinking and far less homage to yesterday. Or if anything bigger changes in the cars proportions, but until i get to see one in person the jury is out. I like the new car, but im not thrilled with the front lower facia and the interior. The interior was a complete bailout from changes. Unlike the c7 stingray that radically changed its interior for the better. the stang still has that very ford edge derived looking interior. Far FAR too many buttons and possibly no lcd display and hence no touch screen. And if GM can pull off that carbon fiber miracle with the c7, a car thats not lacking nothing, the mustang could at least have had a better interior. Again its not bad, but its not a revolution either. just more of the same. with too much truck inspired design.
Old 12-04-2013
Banned

oh the pics.. http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...gines/3820457/
Old 12-05-2013
Administrator

First commercial:

Old 12-05-2013
SOEC Member

I completely agree with you on the interior. I'm not a fan of the retro look. I'm sure Steve will do something awesome with the exterior but the interior just killed it for me.
Old 12-05-2013

Default The 2015 Mustang. It's here.

Can't wait to preorder one of these bad boys

Old 12-05-2013

Love it.........
Old 12-05-2013
SOEC Member

Wow. Not bad!
Old 12-05-2013
Administrator

Photos from the LA unveil.

Old 12-05-2013
SOEC Member

Cool

I'm in the middle!!! I can't wait until someone modifies 2015
(6/2005) Purchased 05 Saleen #1004 Windveil Blue from Galpin (9/2006) 14" Saleen Brakes, (7/2007) 475hp Supercharger, Guages, Watts Link Suspension, (10/2007) Rear Slotted Rotors, (2/2008) 19" TSW Wheels (Hypersilver), (1/2009) Super Shaker. (4/2012) Back to 20" Saleen Wheels

(10/2007 Morning) 414 RWHP 403 RWTQ w/ Stock Saleen SC Tune w/o Super Shaker (Sold 2/11/2018)

01 Saleen #629 (NA) True Blue (Sold 6/15/07)

SOEC#2092
SOEC#2129

Quick Video http://youtu.be/gkiCgwzJTFE
Old 12-05-2013
SOEC Member

Default They didn't roll the dice....

I work at a Ford dealership. The reaction on the showroom floor regading the 2015 Mustang is muted. The salespeople are calling it a "Fustang" in regard to the front end styling grafted from the Fusion. My personal opinion: First, it's still too big. Can't believe going to Europe and Asia with these proportions! I remember reading early reports it was to be 400 pounds lighter and 14 inches shorter than the current car. Yea, right. Next, the styling -- they played it too safe. They could have gone the C7 Corvette route, with jet fighter styling and attracted a new wave of enthusiasts. I mean, the '79 car looked nothing like the Mustang II. The '94 looked nothing like the Fox body. So, I can't understand why they couldn't go in a different direction from the 2005-2014 styling. Man, I was hoping for soooooo much more than this. Won't discuss powertrains till I see actual numbers.

The Camaro and Challenger are big cars, and Ford could have trumped them with a lighter, more nimble machine. And with front end styling that could say "Mustang" and NOT say "family identity" to Fusion, Taurus and Fiesta. This is a concession to going global with this platform.

Like everyone, I waited a decade for this new Mustang. I feel the same about this cars styling as I did in '94 about that car's anemic 215 hp V8 in the GT model. Just not enough to stir the soul.

Was hoping for an SVO model (since I own 4 of them). Looks like that isn't going to happen either.

Incredibly, the '99-04 New Edge Mustangs (especially Saleen modified ones) look like stealth fighter planes compared to this 2015 Mustang! Sllek and bold.

Will be waiting with baited breath for the upcoming hi-po models such as Mach 1 and Gt-350. Till then, any funds for new car purchase has "Z51" written all over it.......

Regards, Gerry

PS In 1996 they reverted to the the three bar taillamps. Perhaps in revolt to this Fusion front end, they'll modidy that also as time goes on. Now, if they could only put this thing on a crash diet and lose some weight!
Old 12-05-2013
SOEC Member

I really like it
Old 12-05-2013
SOEC Member

Default 2015 Mustang

Nice rear top quarter photo I snaped this morning.
I can help get your order in and make sure you are treated with the best customer service!
Thanks,
Tom Glockner
Commercial Account Manager
tglockner@santamargaritaford.com
Attached Thumbnails
photo.JPG mustang.JPG  

Old 12-05-2013
SOEC Member

Need to see it in person; I like some of the changes; dislike others, a first hand inspection will set my opinion...I do believe no matter what that Steve will need to put his touches on it before I will truly like it anyways!
Old 12-05-2013

the sides look just like a camaro. it lost its mustang distinctive C scoops. still too retro in styling to me.

i cant believe they STILL didnt put a SLA front suspension on
Old 12-06-2013
SOEC Member

Well, yesterday was a great day! Spent time at 281 Motorsports, Jason's shop. Nice place and some really neat cars there. They do amazing work there and the team is an awesome group of people. Jason thanks for hooking me up and the food!

I'll be posting a link for more pics of the 2015 Mustang, the other cars present, and some of Jason's shop. Ford did a good job and fed all us Mustangers who brought cars.

Dave, Saleen has a Gotta Have It Green 351 in the shop! I also have a pic of another White label in the same shade (14-0002)... Jim arrived in it...lol
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0238.JPG  

Old 12-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
Well, yesterday was a great day! Spent time at 281 Motorsports, Jason's shop. Nice place and some really neat cars there. They do amazing work there and the team is an awesome group of people. Jason thanks for hooking me up and the food!

I'll be posting a link for more pics of the 2015 Mustang, the other cars present, and some of Jason's shop. Ford did a good job and fed all us Mustangers who brought cars.

Dave, Saleen has a Gotta Have It Green 351 in the shop! I also have a pic of another White label in the same shade (14-0002)... Jim arrived in it...lol
No problem Johnny...it was a pleasure having you and all the peeps that showed up. Not a huge turnout, but not bad with a two day notice.

We LOVE the car. You guys that dont need to see it in person. Honestly, the pics online give it a different look. I briefly spoke to Saleen's designer and many media members, this car is yearning for someone like Saleen to give it that S7 look. The car truely is epic, you will just have to see it for your self. Ill post some pics here and the rest on our facebook page.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 12-06-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I'll go against the grain and say "I like the 2015 Mustang." I was a big fan of the retro / traditional design 2005 model, but I've tired of "retro."

If I want a 1965 Mustang, I'll buy a 1965 Mustang (or a 2005).
Completely agree Dave. I absolutely love the 2015 Mustang. We have gone through the "retro" look and it's time to move on to something different. It's not like Ford could keep the '05-'09 body forever.
Old 12-06-2013

Just like the C7 I'll have to see it in person. There were things in the C7 that I didn't notice in the pics that I did in person. My initial look at it is the front end reminds me of a fusion. I think they should have went more aggressive but perhaps Saleen will fill that void.
Old 12-06-2013

Not diggin' it. Sorry, just not diggin' it.
Old 12-06-2013
SOEC Member

Wow Beautiful Car and cannot wait to see it become a Saleen!
Old 12-07-2013

I have stayed pretty quiet on here over the last few months since I have been following the design and build through leaked info here and there and everyday the new info has put a bigger grin on my face. This car is the reason why I am happy that all of my S197 cars are gone. I don't have to worry about selling come this time next year(or compete with everyone else trying to partout and sell!) I will most likely go with the 5.0 manual but I am quite curious to see what the aftermarket world does with the 2.3 ecoboost as well as how Ford executes the "paddle shifter" auto trans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tglockner View Post
I can help get your order in and make sure you are treated with the best customer service!
Tom, I sure hope you can get the best price as well! I can literally see RSM Ford from my window at home and would hate to have to travel elsewhere for a better price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
...I briefly spoke to Saleen's designer and many media members, this car is yearning for someone like Saleen to give it that S7 look...
I sure hope Saleen does this.
Old 12-07-2013
SOEC Member

Here is a link of the some of the photos I took the day of the reveal:

http://s1227.photobucket.com/user/hc...?sort=3&page=1

Enjoy
Old 12-07-2013
SOEC Member

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-07-2013

Talking I love it,

I'm a huge fan of the exterior and interior design!
it's a far cry from previous gen. I think ford did a superb job, and bang on with the rear! the tail lights are awesome. the front has grown on me now...
I'd trade me car any day for this, gonna wait for the 2016.
We'll see what happens. I'm curious to see the Saleen version of this first. In any case, us Canadians won't be able to buy one anyways
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 12-07-2013

Hummmmm

I'm European, but I do not like the look of this new Mustang. it sounds too much like all the cars already present here. She lost her character.

I thought at the presentation see a Japanese especially because of its headlights. sick
Old 12-07-2013
SOEC Member

Thanks for sharing the pics Warecow!
Old 12-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed08 View Post
Hummmmm

I'm European, but I do not like the look of this new Mustang. it sounds too much like all the cars already present here. She lost her character.

I thought at the presentation see a Japanese especially because of its headlights. sick
I completely agree. It is a decent looking car, but not a Mustang.
Old 12-08-2013

I think it's brilliant. Ford really nailed it with this one.

Now let's see what Saleen is gonna do with it.
Old 12-08-2013
Banned

I cant agree more with the overall size. But indeed i havent seen it in person, and majority of photos are almost all taken poorly, from knee low level, or ladder high. Ive been hoping for proportions on par with the 67 mustang. Despite what one thinks, those cars were lower wider and sleeker than the current stang,which is propotionatly all wrong. and its because of those terribly Giant sized compact car proportions that has people all a-tizzy with opinions as what the car should be, not to mention all the weird body styles mustang has had thru its years. utimatly it was the mustang II that ruined it all, the frog. the 70's oil crisis put an end to muscle cars and along came jap fighting american small cars and those box-like proportions, which carried itself over to today. Too tall too fat too stubby with the a window door-sill line thats way too high. making the car look even fatter. Thankfull this 2015 has indeed cut back on a good but of those proportions but not enough. a least from what it appears in pictures. that said they couldve done far worst, *or better. But after two days of looking at this car and thinking about aftermarket body designs theirs at least some hope. Saleen has alota to play with. like my sn95 speedster i was amazed how phil frank transformed the very simple frumpy mustang into something very exotic. this car has for more to gain from a redesign. unfortunately not much can be done about the interior. it aint terrible, but it looks too similar to the current car. i hate so-called car designers that are unable to make leaps. c7 stingray was a leap, mustang shouldve been a leap as well. despite all the rants of everyone. the car needed to touch the future of design. not wallow past glory.
Old 12-09-2013

I can't wait to start messing with this car. SO MANY IDEAS!

Old 12-09-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR500GT View Post
I can't wait to start messing with this car. SO MANY IDEAS!

+1! My favorite shot....
Old 12-09-2013

It think it looks good. Not all that different except for the wrap around headlights.

Old 12-10-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werecow View Post
Thanks John for the heads up! I may be mistaken, but I believe Gullo Ford in TX had a 2014 351 coupe on order. Might be theirs.

Jim looks good in green.
Old 12-10-2013
SOEC Member

The jury is still out for me. I have to see the '15 in person before I can decide if I like it. From the pics and vids I have seen, it is still too big. I thought it was going to be much smaller. There's the Fustang front end. There's the even more slanted rear end that I did not like from the '10 to '14. I also do not like the omission of the scallop in the rear fender that is a Mustang staple. I was always a 2-seat convertible guy, not a Mustang guy. My last convertible was an S2000. When I first saw the retro S197, I started to sway. When I first saw the Saleen, I was hooked. The rear end that Phil Frank designed for the S197 was pure genius, IMO. I don't know if something that good can be replicated with this new car. We shall see.

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap
Old 02-17-2014

It has been revealed for a while now and there are certain angles that look pretty aggressive, and certain angles that are just plain fugly!

It has definitely lost its character as a stang though. I am going out on a limb and going to say, most "new" designs (C7, F12, Quattroporte, Mustang, BMW's, large Japanese luxury sedans Lexus/Infiniti, etc) do not have their distinct look anymore. One can see a C6 a mile away and know it is a corvette. Now, you may have to look really closely or even at the badge to differentiate the front of a C7 or a Ferrari/european car...don't like it!