The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 04-11-2010
Account with Invalid Email

Default Extended Warranty

Factory warranty just ran out, thinking about getting an extended warranty. Is it worth it and if so, who is using what company?

The repairs made under the factory warranty were: auto trans rebuilt, drivers side window regulator replaced, and Shaker 500 head unit replaced. All that was done since I bought the car on 23 Jan 2010. Factory warranty ran out on 29 Mar 10. Car just hit 29,000 miles tonight, but its been in service over 36 months.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Scott
Old 05-16-2010
Saleen Forums Participant

I bought mine from troy ford in Ohio. On the internet, search troy ford extended warranty. Genuine Ford ESP warranty.
Old 05-17-2010
SOEC Member

Read about a guy on here who had an 07 with the extended warranty from Ford and Ford wouldn't service the Saleen under warranty. I would be careful about an extended warranty..

BMW 528i

SOLD---2006 S281SC #712
Old 05-17-2010
Account with Invalid Email

I've heard those stories as well. That's kind of what drove me to initially ask this question. I was wondering if there were any success stories with an extended warranty.
Old 05-17-2010
SOEC Member

I got mine through the Dealership where I purchased the car, it is covered by Fidelity Warranty Services. Specifically stated that they would cover the full Saleen parts as well as the Ford parts. Can't really comment on them, as I luckily haven't had to make any use of it yet, but it was very difficult to find an extended warranty that would cover the Saleen parts. I contacted several extended-service companies, and their sales reps would say "sure, we'll cover that" - but when digging deeper (and asking for that in writing), they would quickly backpeddle...

Chris.
1968 GT500KR #03655 "Shelby"
1990 Ford F250 4x4 7.3l IDI "Betty"
2001 Ford F350 4x4 7.3l "Lara"
2005 BMW F650GS "The Wasp"
2008 MINI Cooper S "Lola"
2008 Saleen S302E #11 "SallyX"
Old 05-18-2010
SOEC Member

I've been selling Fidelity warranties for many years, they are great to work with and I personally know a rep for the company. That being said I do not have one on my car just because I never drive it really. (just hit 8k miles on Sunday and have owned it since '06) I would be happy to give anyone a quote on a warranty for thier car. Pm me with vin number and desired term and mialge needed and current miles on your car. For a faster response email me at jvilla@mcdavid.com . We have warranty packs here so I would run it thru my brothers dealership where I can get you a better price and I can sell it to you for $1 over cost.
Old 09-13-2011
Suspended Account

Extended warranties are available for virtually any important buy. Customer electronics and home transactions are particularly common options. Extended warranties are basically short-term insurance on your transactions. More often than not, they are themselves very expensive. Most customers are not aware that the credit cards they already have could provide totally free extended warranties. This would be great. Extend the warranty without extending your wallet!!!
Old 09-26-2011
SOEC Member

Angry

My experience with Fidelity Warranty out of Florida: Purchased the extended warranty from them thru the dealer on a vehicle that I bought in 2007. Traded this vehicle on 8/8/2011 and submitted all necessary paperwork to Fidelity to obtain the 42% refund of the warranty purchase price. 6 weeks later, I still have not received the money. They have used every excuse to stall returning my money. Never had to use the extended warranty on this vehicle,so I do not know how they handle their claims. But, if you decide to trade the vehicle and apply for a refund, get ready to get the run around. I will never use this company again!