The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 03-06-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default Troyer Performance Stage I

I finally got around to installing my Troyer Stage I performance package. The install took all of 45 min....and that was taking my time and putting my tools away. The install is SO simple. The part that took the longest was getting the front cap off of the stock pulley without damaging the sticker.

I will say that the mounting point for the stainless steel intake tube is a little flimsy. Its not going to break, but it moves a little more than I would like it to.

The performance gain is great! I know have instant boost....about 7-8PSI. The supercharger screams now. You can hear air rushing into the open element filter. A tap of the gas and you get a quick sucking sound of air. What is really neat is.....you get on it full throttle....you hear the supercharger whining, your exhaust thundering, but it doesnt snap you back in your seat. It does not feel like you are going any faster.....until you realize....HOLY CRAP, I AM!

I am going to do some datalogging after I get my gears in and get the tune tweaked a little more. I do have one, small driveability issue. When I have my performance tune loaded, the truck does not like to idle along in bumper to bumper traffic. At low RPMs...it will stumble a bit....thats giving barely any, if any throttle at all. Its just a slight hesitation.

I did have an issue with my idler pulley that is near my SC. After installing the troyer kit, I had a terrible chirping. I narrowed it down to the idler. If I pressed on the idler pulley while the truck was running, the chirping went away. I am chalking it up to a bad bearing in the idler. I replaced it with a double bearing 90mm idler. Let me tell you, a 100mm idler will NOT fit without some grinding....not worth it. After replacing it, the chirping went away. I am thinking of replacing all of my pulleys with these billet pulleys. More for looks, but pretty cool.

The aesthetics of the Troyer kit have a little to be desired. When you remove the stock air box, you are left with 4 "dog ears/legs" that come off the stock saleen supercharger inlet. These are VERY ugly. However, leaving that section open, exposes your IAT sensor to the air. Its not sitting under an airbox collecting heat. I am working on a visual fix for this area. I had some issues getting my parts in though. Id love to pick up an extra top piece to this SC and cut those ugly dog ears off, but I do not know if that is even sold seperately.

All in all, a very good mod. Cant wait for Stage II with a smaller pulley and some headers!
Old 04-23-2009
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light02atl View Post
I finally got around to installing my Troyer Stage I performance package. The install took all of 45 min....and that was taking my time and putting my tools away. The install is SO simple. The part that took the longest was getting the front cap off of the stock pulley without damaging the sticker.

I will say that the mounting point for the stainless steel intake tube is a little flimsy. Its not going to break, but it moves a little more than I would like it to.

The performance gain is great! I know have instant boost....about 7-8PSI. The supercharger screams now. You can hear air rushing into the open element filter. A tap of the gas and you get a quick sucking sound of air. What is really neat is.....you get on it full throttle....you hear the supercharger whining, your exhaust thundering, but it doesnt snap you back in your seat. It does not feel like you are going any faster.....until you realize....HOLY CRAP, I AM!

I am going to do some datalogging after I get my gears in and get the tune tweaked a little more. I do have one, small driveability issue. When I have my performance tune loaded, the truck does not like to idle along in bumper to bumper traffic. At low RPMs...it will stumble a bit....thats giving barely any, if any throttle at all. Its just a slight hesitation.

I did have an issue with my idler pulley that is near my SC. After installing the troyer kit, I had a terrible chirping. I narrowed it down to the idler. If I pressed on the idler pulley while the truck was running, the chirping went away. I am chalking it up to a bad bearing in the idler. I replaced it with a double bearing 90mm idler. Let me tell you, a 100mm idler will NOT fit without some grinding....not worth it. After replacing it, the chirping went away. I am thinking of replacing all of my pulleys with these billet pulleys. More for looks, but pretty cool.

The aesthetics of the Troyer kit have a little to be desired. When you remove the stock air box, you are left with 4 "dog ears/legs" that come off the stock saleen supercharger inlet. These are VERY ugly. However, leaving that section open, exposes your IAT sensor to the air. Its not sitting under an airbox collecting heat. I am working on a visual fix for this area. I had some issues getting my parts in though. Id love to pick up an extra top piece to this SC and cut those ugly dog ears off, but I do not know if that is even sold seperately.

All in all, a very good mod. Cant wait for Stage II with a smaller pulley and some headers!

hey where did you get the double bearing 90mm idler?
Old 04-23-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosc04 View Post
hey where did you get the double bearing 90mm idler?
Metco makes a nice billet 90mm
Old 04-23-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Mine is a Metco that I bought from DMP. They were the only ones that had them in stock. Lightning Force Performance also sells them.

You can get the upgraded bearing from Mike Troyer for $15. You will just have to press out your old bearing and press in the new one.