The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 02-06-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default SPAL fan relay

Does everyone's truck use a SPAL relay/fan controller? Look at your inner fender near your battery...it will be a little black box, possibly with some blue dots on it...does it say SPAL? I know a while ago SPAL was having problems with their relays. I just want to know if all of the S331s have this before I start investigating.

-Shane
Old 02-07-2009

when I get home from work (2morrow night) I'll check mine for you. I think troyer said that they all do have spal's
Old 02-10-2009

i stuck it your new thread but I do have the spal relay
Old 02-10-2009

Its unfortunate, but it looks like we only have a few options:

1: WHEN our fans fail, have the Ford Dealership slap on a cheap clutch driven fan....free of charge

2: Upgrade to a SPAL fan setup and try to get a shroud to fit our trucks (I dont think an upgraded SPAL controller is necessary.

3: Attempt to find a fan controller, rather than the SPAL unit, that works with our current fans (I havent seen one yet)

4: Sell your working electric fans and fan controller (seperately) and purchase a dual fan setup from Troyer Performance for $429

5: Sell your working electric fans and fan controller (seperately) and purchase a $699 fan setup from JDM (this price is not listed on the JDM website, but is the price that Jim quoted me last year)

Good luck everyone!

(My fan setup will be on Ebay soon) :)
Old 02-11-2009

Please note that the JDM Fan kit come's with a complete Ford setup, so 1 large electric fan and a shroud and it fits right into our trucks as an OEM pce.

Hennie