The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 12-29-2009
Suspended Account

Default Mosleen pulley

has anyone installed the mosaleen tension kit. I have the JDM stage 2 kit. Was interested in knowing if this was a good upgrade... JDM has not done any R n D on this and Mosoleen wants to sell me a new tune.. Help ne out..thanks and have a new a great New Year...
Old 12-29-2009
SOEC Member

I have the mosaleen adler pulley on my saleen and it gave me 50 extra hp according to the dyno that was done right after the install. I am getting ready to add the 3.00 pulley and 60lb injectors and will keep the idler pulley setup on the car. All I need is the new bracket for the 3.0 pulley setup. Hope that helps.
Old 12-29-2009
SOEC Member

I am getting this Mosaleen idler kit from Troyer Performance after 1st of the year. The S331 has some belt slippage issues that cause irrattic perfomance issues under boost. Troyer is selling the Mosaleen idler, larger tensioner pulley, shorter belt, 5.5 inch water pump pulley and new tune to go with this set-up. This set-up is getting good horsepower gains with a smoother power band, which eliminates the belt slippage that is happening on the S331.
Old 12-30-2009
SOEC Member

You can go to my web site, www.mosaleen.com
click on proven results, Troyers dyno testing is at the top even. Discriptions of the testing with mosaleen, 5.5 water pump pulley, and shorter belt .
2005 S/C #10 Press Car w/ Scenic Roof
3.20 S/C Pulley & 18% overdrive Crank
Mosaleen S/C no slip idler system
3:73 gears, Watts link Gen II
14" front brakes, slotted rear rotors
Brenspeed 302, 47lb inj, longtubes/ catted H-pipe 570 rwhp 545 rwtq (SAE) 13.5 lbs boost, Afco heat exchanger
F-5 Joplin Mo. Tornado surviour 5-22-11.
Old 01-27-2010
Suspended Account

Can someone posts some pics of this on their truck please, just curious if it is worth it.
Old 01-27-2010
SOEC Member

Hi, I have been trying to get someone to send me pic. of the install on the S 331 Saleen truck. Still have not gotten any, I need some to put on my web site, but the mosaleen S/C idler system does look just like the one pictured on the S 281 Saleen Mustang, it bolts up the same its just the truck water pump pulley 5.5, and shorter belt you need also and tunes. Call Mike Troyer (phone # on web site) and ask him if it works.... :)

Scott
Brenspeed 302, 47lb inj, longtubes/ catted H-pipe 570 rwhp 545 rwtq (SAE) 13.5 lbs boost, Afco heat exchanger
Old 01-27-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06saleen281 View Post
I have the mosaleen adler pulley on my saleen and it gave me 50 extra hp according to the dyno that was done right after the install. I am getting ready to add the 3.00 pulley and 60lb injectors and will keep the idler pulley setup on the car. All I need is the new bracket for the 3.0 pulley setup. Hope that helps.

50 extra??? Really?!
Old 01-27-2010
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosaleen View Post
Hi, I have been trying to get someone to send me pic. of the install on the S 331 Saleen truck. Still have not gotten any, I need some to put on my web site, but the mosaleen S/C idler system does look just like the one pictured on the S 281 Saleen Mustang, it bolts up the same its just the truck water pump pulley 5.5, and shorter belt you need also and tunes. Call Mike Troyer (phone # on web site) and ask him if it works.... :)

Scott

I'll send you some pics when I get mine installed on my Harley Truck. I have the pulley at home but I'm still waiting on my tune from Mike.
Old 01-27-2010
SOEC Member

sman112 , yes thanks can you do afew while you install everything step my step. I tryed to get Mike and a few others but no one has gotten them to me yet. Thank you very much.

hardknx, Hp/Tq all depends on what you have done to your Saleen mustang. If stock and running what JDM or others suggest belt size yes you will gain 43 to 50 rwhp as on my web page my 05 Saleen S/c is the dyno sheet on proven results with 3.20 S/C pulley and mosaleen system gaining 51 rwhp and 43 rwtq. I have an appointment with dyno that im going to put it back to stock video and put back on mosaleen system to put on my web site. If you have put on a tighter belt with a V-10 truck water pump pulley it will be more like 28 to 34 rwhp gain. If you look at the Troyer S 331 truck he tested on you will see mosaleen system gained 28 rwhp , the 5.5 inch water pump gained 5 rwhp, tighter belt gained 7 rwhp. total of 40 rwhp.
Mine not only gained hp/tq but it drove so much better, no more squeling hard shifts and down shifts, smoother revs., and knowing the tune they put into tuner (hp/tq) is going to be there down the road is comforting.
The belts stretch loosing grip thus loosing hp/tq. by wrapping the belt around the S/C pulley more after it stretches out it still grips.
Hope this helps if not just email me or call.
Scott
Old 01-27-2010
Suspended Account

Thanks for the quick answers. I think I really want to get this, but want to see some pics for my S331. Thanks for trying Scott.
Jason.
Old 01-28-2010
SOEC Member

No problem, maybe allcarfan will post some pictures of his S 331 Truck...

Old 02-24-2010
Suspended Account

Anyone with any pics of this installed yet????
Old 02-24-2010

I plan to post install pics when I get mine installed but right now I am still waiting to get my tunes from Troyer.
Old 02-24-2010
Suspended Account

how long you been waiting?
Old 02-25-2010

I've been waiting since 1/12/10.