The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1984-1993 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1984-1993 Saleen Mustang For the Fox platform Saleen Mustang. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 10-07-2005

Default 86 info and a book review

.Much like Nick in the last post I am curious about the remaing numbers of Saleens but for the 86s. I believe the numbers for this year was 201 with 11 being convertibles total. Thanks to the internet I?ve seen a few around for sale but mostly on the West coast.

I assume someone out there has "The Saleen Book"

How is it? Does it cover the numbers and options of each year? Does it cover all the years well? I've heard that for such a great car it?s an awful book.

Because of what I've heard I'm leery of spending $60 on it. The web is also a little lacking in its information on this car. I think I've found most of them but any suggested sites are welcome.
Old 10-12-2005
Saleen Forums Registrant

I think the curiosity gets to most of us when it comes to wanting to know how many cars may be left. We have 86-129 here in the middle of the good old USA. We don't usually have to worry about seeing another Fox Body Saleen of any kind out here. Most of the people out here don't know that Saleen even built cars in the 80's.

I have the Saleen Book and I think it's pretty good. Certainly the best that has been produced to date.
Old 12-02-2005
Suspended Account

I have a copy of the book and I thinks it's worth every penney! I spent considerable time researching 86's as well and pretty much everything is in the book (as well as some nice pictures!) I own 86 #46 (Jalapeno red, T-top car) as well and I have found that there are not many of them around any more. I have friends that have 2 other 86's and one 85 Saleen so I get to see a few on occasion!

Randy
Old 12-08-2005
SOEC Member

I have 19886 #61 red hatchback. It's in the Saleen Book along with my 1987 #47.
Old 12-08-2005
Suspended Account

Sounds like some nice collection you have of Saleens! Are any of your cars for sale by any chance? I am looking for another fox body Saleen.

Dave,
Old 12-15-2005
SOEC Member

I might sell the 87 early next next year if I can find a nice SSC or SC to replace it with.

I have even thought of buying an S351, but I love the fox body Saleens. If I can't find one of those, I might go for an S351. They are starting to become affordable.
Old 12-15-2005
SOEC Member

Dave, I meant to ask you, were in New England are you from? I am originally form Windsor, CT and have been working in Italy for the last 9 years. I keep all the cars in storage with Mark at Perforamnce Autosport. He's great person and friend - takes great care of my cars. Storing the cars with Mark helps keep the milage really low.

I was reading the other thread about the Mustang Unlimited Show. I try to make it to the show if I'm around the area at the time. Although I have never shown my cars - I just liked to check all the cars out. Maybe we'll meet up one of the shows.
Old 12-15-2005
Suspended Account

Hello SLN8661,

I actually live in NE CT about 1.5 hours from Windsor. What a small world we live in! LOL.. I know Mark also and he is a great guy and very knowlegable. I would like to meet up some day if you are visiting. Let me know if your white 87 becomes available as I have nice home for it next to my 90 # 33 car with 2400 original miles. I would also like to find a nice SSC or SC car for my collection. Keep in touch!

Regards Dave,