The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 12-09-2012
Banned

When new of this broke i was just as surprised and happy as the next guy, particularly for the fact this new (s?) 351 apparently has an engine block apparently ford is not producing. Or is.. But modified by saleen. My point being its an engine that the next camp (roush) cant merly spunge off of, nore anyone else. Saleen must protect its unique brand specific creations.Now sure, he cant do anything about the next guy building a 351, its a part of mustang lure, but when it comes to styling he certainly can. Through the years ive seen roush copy every move from saleen all the way doen to lifting saleens signature side stripe decals of almost the exact style. Saleen must protect its unique concepts, which seporates it from the rest, and makes it special. Looks is a huge factor in the purchase of a car, especially in a car that has so many variants of itself at any given time.
Old 12-09-2012
Banned

Also i do love the fact saleen is willing to put himself in the firing line when it comes to talking to the press about his new vehicles, but! I have to admit he's never been the greatest speaker before an audience. I think as the head of saleen he should use company marketing representatives or engineers to showcase the cars at live events, people better at delivering live presentations. Enabling him to be presented for a few words or so. This is a method used by many corporations and top tier automanufacters, mclaren particularilycomes to mind. It delivers a message of power,organization and higherarchy of a well structured outfit, not as a man trying to pedal his own product(which i do respect greatly) but truth ismost people dont.
Old 12-10-2012
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by XEVIOUS View Post
Also i do love the fact saleen is willing to put himself in the firing line when it comes to talking to the press about his new vehicles, but! I have to admit he's never been the greatest speaker before an audience. I think as the head of saleen he should use company marketing representatives or engineers to showcase the cars at live events, people better at delivering live presentations. Enabling him to be presented for a few words or so. This is a method used by many corporations and top tier automanufacters, mclaren particularilycomes to mind. It delivers a message of power,organization and higherarchy of a well structured outfit, not as a man trying to pedal his own product(which i do respect greatly) but truth ismost people dont.
The problem with that is the passion gets lost and Steve has the passion that no marketing person can put into words.
Old 12-12-2012
Saleen Forums Registrant

I think Saleen should send an S351 demonstrator to England for appraisal!

I'll be more than happy to look after it while its here :)
Old 01-28-2013
Saleen Forums Registrant

Hope this Mustang reaches the Viper territory.
Old 03-06-2013
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

This is truly exciting! Because I don't own a Saleen yet (but should be changing really soon!), I didn't want to post yet, but just couldn't wait with the exciting news.

I admire a fellow/racer who can build a supercar like the S7 that competed quite well with the likes of other supercars. Steve can bring back some of that magic!!! Welcome back to the car enthusiast world!!!
Old 03-06-2013
SOEC Member

Can anyone tell me if this new saleen is being sold on the east coast? Maryland?
Old 03-06-2013
Administrator

They will be a 50-state car. Saleen is still gearing up for production, and there are many orders on this beast thus far.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 03-06-2013
SOEC Member

I checked the specs on that 351 and seems like a beast but, how can they charge 25k for ford factory paint colors?
Old 03-06-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS#24Stang View Post
I checked the specs on that 351 and seems like a beast but, how can they charge 25k for ford factory paint colors?
Which Ford Factory Colors are listed as being a $25,000.00 option?
Old 03-06-2013
SOEC Member

http://www.campbellsaleen.com/2014_351_EXTREME.pdf
Old 03-06-2013
Administrator

"Custom Show Car Paint" are the Saleen Custom Colors. Like Lizstick etc.
Old 03-06-2013
SOEC Member

sure is expensive.
Old 03-06-2013
SOEC Member

What is the fastback option??
1994 S 351 R #37
2004 Saleen N20 Focus #45
Old 03-14-2013
SOEC Member

Default 351 Extreme #14 on order

I ordered an Extreme last week. Might as well have Steve's current "Halo" car on the showroom floor right? I went whole hog on this one. Bumper #14 (which I was very surprised was available). Custom Chromemolly paint, chrome wheels, and the ultra cool "touchfrost" glass roof. This will be a very cool one of a kind car for sure! I'll try to post build pics as I get them.
Old 03-14-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen1 View Post
What is the fastback option??
A rear seat delete with leather trim, rear strut brace and integral full sized spare tire carrier.
Old 03-14-2013
SOEC Member

Let us know when it is coming...the H302SC could use a good "leg stretching" this summer!
Old 03-14-2013
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellfordlm View Post
I ordered an Extreme last week. Might as well have Steve's current "Halo" car on the showroom floor right? I went whole hog on this one. Bumper #14 (which I was very surprised was available). Custom Chromemolly paint, chrome wheels, and the ultra cool "touchfrost" glass roof. This will be a very cool one of a kind car for sure! I'll try to post build pics as I get them.
Oh man, I just drooled on my keyboard

06-115 / S281 3V / SuperShaker / AirLift / Zenetti Baron forged / JDM / 3M Liquid Copper Wrap