The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-15-2012
SOEC Member

Default Finally got some time to install some parts...

Finally got around to installing my 3.4 pulley, Roush tensioner, V10 water pump pulley, coil pack stickers, S/C dipstick, leather arm rest, SHR billet window switch covers, modified my catch can setup, and JBA x-pipe (blew a hole in the stock cats). VERY happy with the upgrades. Going from 3.6 to 3.4 was a BIG difference. Kinda luke warm on the JBA x-pipe right now. I got the one with cats and it still has a trumpeting sound at WOT. Anyway, here are some pics....
Attached Thumbnails
scaled.IMG_1395.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 08-15-2012
SOEC Member

Awesome job on everything.
Old 08-15-2012
SOEC Member

Awesome! Everything looks really good! It makes me jealous because I have a pile of parts I haven't put on yet either. Lol. I'm really digging the leather armrest! Where did ya get it?
Old 08-15-2012
SOEC Member

Thanks for the compliments. I got the leather armrest at
http://amustangrocksleather.com

Really good quality and fitment. You can get it with just about any stitching you want and they even offer an alcantara option if that's your thing.
Old 08-15-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelye76 View Post
Thanks for the compliments. I got the leather armrest at
http://amustangrocksleather.com

Really good quality and fitment. You can get it with just about any stitching you want and they even offer an alcantara option if that's your thing.
Awesome, thanks bro! I can see a new shift boot and leather armrest with silver stitching in the near future!
Old 08-16-2012
SOEC Member

You forgot to grind off the Rousch lettering!

Looks good, I need parts to put in ...
Old 08-16-2012
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Looks good!
I need to do the same, i have a slew of parts waiting to be put on as well!
Not sure when it's ever gonna happen.
I still need a GT500 duel fuel pump & an X-pipe to complete the list, oh and a speedster tonneau cover...then i'm done....I swear..
2008 S281 S/C Convertible #12c ("c" stands for Canadian made Saleen version)
Old 08-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen12c View Post
Looks good!
I need to do the same, i have a slew of parts waiting to be put on as well!
Not sure when it's ever gonna happen.
I still need a GT500 duel fuel pump & an X-pipe to complete the list, oh and a speedster tonneau cover...then i'm done....I swear..
Looks good Josh!

Saleen12c, these cars are never done...there's always something cool coming out to attack your wallet!!

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 08-16-2012
SOEC Member

Thanks everyone! I have definitely modified this car way more than I originally intended. Some of it because I had to (burnt clutch and blown cat), but mostly because I think I am addicted. One thing I wanted to mention about my pulley setup that I haven't seen others do (maybe they have, but I haven't noticed). I swapped the plastic Saleen 76mm pulley with my old Ford 76mm metal tensioner pulley. I had purchased a 90mm idler pulley to use like I have seen others try, but after lots of grinding on the alternator bracket it just was too close of a fit for me. I thought I would get too much belt rub and reduce the strength of the bracket. I seem to have nice tension with the V10 water pump pulley and the Gates K061080 belt. If I want a little more tension, I think I can take that 90mm pulley and swap it onto my tensioner. Haven't tried it, but there seems to enough room.
Old 08-16-2012

Josh,

Becareful how much tension you put on that nose drive assembly or you will be buying another new one. They are only designed to have so much tension. I would get to a place where you have minimal belt slip and stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelye76 View Post
Thanks everyone! I have definitely modified this car way more than I originally intended. Some of it because I had to (burnt clutch and blown cat), but mostly because I think I am addicted. One thing I wanted to mention about my pulley setup that I haven't seen others do (maybe they have, but I haven't noticed). I swapped the plastic Saleen 76mm pulley with my old Ford 76mm metal tensioner pulley. I had purchased a 90mm idler pulley to use like I have seen others try, but after lots of grinding on the alternator bracket it just was too close of a fit for me. I thought I would get too much belt rub and reduce the strength of the bracket. I seem to have nice tension with the V10 water pump pulley and the Gates K061080 belt. If I want a little more tension, I think I can take that 90mm pulley and swap it onto my tensioner. Haven't tried it, but there seems to enough room.

NO PM'S - PLEASE CALL | 714-575-1505

1996 Cobra Vortech SC / Track prepped
2015 Coyote Powered F-150

Check out our facility promo video here: http://bit.ly/1yHNfxM

Email: 281motorsports@gmail.com
Web: www.ProSpeedMustang.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mustangperformance
Youtube: http://bit.ly/1zOxanf

"Doing the job right...is the ONLY option we offer!"
Old 08-16-2012
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m View Post
Josh,

Becareful how much tension you put on that nose drive assembly or you will be buying another new one. They are only designed to have so much tension. I would get to a place where you have minimal belt slip and stay there.
I think I may have stated it incorrectly. I believe the belt tension is set by the spring in the tensioner assuming you are in the proper range of movement on the tensioner. If I put the larger idler on it would move the tension a little more towards the stop. Therefore, when there are shocks to the system or the belt stretches there is more room before it hits the other stop not necessarily more tension. Although, I would imagine with a spring it has more tension the more you turn it, but I guess I was assuming that the max tension of the tensioner would not exceed the limits of the pulley. Kinda thinking while I am writing here :)