The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast Events > South
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Topics for events and get-togethers in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana & Mississippi.

Old 10-16-2009
SOEC Member

Exclamation MUSTANGFEST 2010 - October 2010 - Mustang Island

Hello, everyone -

This update is to confirm that MustangFest 2010 is being planned already for October 2010 on Mustang Island. I have a few wrinkles to iron out in the seasonal schedule, so expect some activities to flow over into Corpus Christi as we grow and find ourselves larger than some venues in Port Aransas will comfortably handle. The tentative dates are on the postcards our participants should have received last week — with the Port Aransas, TX postmark.

Congratulations to all our winners (you're all winners when you participate in Cruise To MustangFest). The list of MustangFest 2009 winners can be found below. If you did not win an award in 2009, you can certainly compete for the goods in 2010 — many surprises await you. Our new address is: www.MustangFest.org — please start using Producer@MustangFest.org for communications or look on the 2010 cards you received for details.

NEW: While the Host Club will prepare the goody bags for 2010 in advance, many of you will receive a SECOND goody bag from Island Tom — the Producer's Goody Bag. Inside that bag, you will find Island Tom's Favorite Things. The lowest registration numbers will get the most — as will typically be the case with MustangFest, the first ones in pay the least and get the most.

Early Early Registration deadline is still TWO WEEKS away, yet you should get your registration number ASAP for maximum enjoyment at MustangFest. The current registration fees are: $35 thru 10-31-09 and $45 starting 11-01-09. After December 31, 2009 a new fees schedule will be in effect with BIG discounts to members of MCA and members of any participating MCA Regional Club; those new discounts will be in effect starting January 1, 2010.

DALLAS MUSTANG (1800MUSTANG.com) is a valued member of the MustangFest family and they are CELEBRATING their 10th ANNUAL OPEN HOUSE — tomorrow from 9a-3p! The Open House is located at 10720 Sandhill Road in Dallas, TX 75238. They were prepping everything yesterday so they'll be ready for YOU on Saturday. Featured on Saturday will be a car show sponsored by North Texas Mustang Club (www.ntmc.org) — get info on the NTMC Event Hotline at 817-595-6900 — tell them Island Tom sent you from MustangFest. The event is free and you'll have a great time in the Plex at Dallas Mustang. LIVE music by Trio Grande — a World-Class Tribute to ZZ Top — not bad for a guy that drives an Audi.

SAVE BIG — THIS WEEKEND ONLY: Get 15% DISCOUNT at the Dallas Mustang OPEN HOUSE. If you can't make the show, the folks at Dallas Mustang want you to know YOU GET THE DISCOUNT ANYWAY — but ONLY on 10-17-09 and 10-18-09 on INTERNET ORDERS (some restrictions apply, but not many) placed THIS WEEKEND. Visit www.1800MUSTANG.com and use this COUPON CODE: DM15OFF — Remember to start your Mustang on Saturday and point it toward Dallas for LIVE MUSIC, CAR SHOW, VENDOR DISPLAYS, DISCOUNTS, FREE FOOD AND MORE! Don't get there late and expect a buffet to await you... they're Dallas MUSTANG and the food is while supply lasts.

I have spoken with our Host Club and they received MustangFest's invitation in writing just five (5) business days after MustangFest 2009. New and exciting things are being planned for y'all for 2010 and 2011, so HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS!

Thank you, San Antonio Mustang Club — your gift is much appreciated and I will cherish it the rest of my life. I did not create MustangFest to get awards — I created MustangFest for the same reason you got your Mustang... to have fun. What a professional group they are in San Antonio (visit www.SAmustang.com) for more information.

CHAMPION FORD was very generous with the MustangFest 2009 Benefit Auction. Thanks to all the staff at the Auto Nation-owned dealership in Corpus Christi (they looked great from the air in the MustangFest helicopter — I SAW EVERYTHING from 400 feet AGL. The footage will be reviewed soon and we'll release a video by announcement. The folks at Champion Ford donated $1,500.00 to the children of Nueces county thru CASA of the Coastal Bend via San Antonio Mustang Club — both are C3s.

JORDAN FORD held a great party on October 1st at Cowboys Dance Hall — I met many of you there for the first time. Jordan is celebrating their 90th birthday this weekend and you're invited to stop by and say hello. A major NBA star is rumored to be stopping by, yet I have no official info... so just get by Jordan for fun this weekend.

MUSTANG ELVIS is now booked EXCLUSIVELY through MustangFest — for Car Shows, special events and private events in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and New Mexico. Look for his ORIGINAL songs to be included on Island Tom's Greatest Hits — Vol. 1 and featured on TV when you're up late at night shopping for majicJacks. We have extended an offer to Mustang Elvis for royalties and he has graciously accepted Island Tom's offer.

IRIE TIME® is playing this month in the Houston area at several locations (some TBA). Many of you wanted to hear Irie Time® play their music, yet weather forced me to put the brakes on them before they left Houston. AS A RESULT, and with great pride and respect, Island Tom has extended an offer to Irie Time® for inclusion of three (3) of their original songs to be included on Island Tom's Greatest Hits — Vol. 1 on compact disc and in stores starting February 2010. We are waiting for their answer after the band count the money Island Tom has offered Irie Time®. They may ALREADY be shopping Shelbys in anticipation of the big bucks coming their way if they sign with Island Tom. Look for more from Irie Time® as things progress — visit their website (www.IrieTime.com) for more info.

MCA has picked up new members from MustangFest 2009 and we expect to generate MANY new MCA members as the excitement builds for MustangFest 2010. Your participation is much appreciated, so tell all your friends about MustangFest and we'll get closer to the goal. The goal? THE GOAL: 1,000 Mustangs on Mustang Island! We have been in contact with GWR for a world record attempt, yet there is no world record for this type of event. Expect to hear more as the Guinness options emerge. Visit www.1000Mustangs.com for more information and 2009 photos.

MustangFest: West — PALM SPRINGS is being planned right now, yet we are waiting for approval from the venue. We will not stop until MustangFest dominates the universe! Yes... the road is long and winding, yet it's a whole lot better once you get to Palm Canyon Drive. Once we have more solid details, and approval from the venue(s), we will announce the location and route(s) for Cruise To MustangFest — PALM SPRINGS. Having spent quite some time planning MustangFest: West, I can tell you that the Palm Springs Chamber of Commerce, the Entertainment Industries Committee and the Palm Springs Police Department are ALL excited about MustangFest coming to downtown Palm Springs, California during the week of March 1-7, 2010. Mustang Elvis is ALREADY KNOWN to the great folks in Palm Springs who want Mustang Elvis to perform LIVE under show lights and with TWO follow spots for the Mustang Elvis LIVE Dinner Show indoors (no styrofoam containers like on Mustang Island — that won't ever happen again... even if we have to eat in Corpus Christi to get silverware or I have to RENT it — NEVER AGAIN)!

MUSCLE CAR RANCH is located in Chickasha, Oklahoma and is owned by my friend Curtis Hart. I will be at Muscle Car Ranch this weekend helping him like the Host Club helped MustangFest this year. I will do whatever MCR needs and without complaint — just like the San Antonio Mustang Club, Susan White and several others did for Island Tom — thank you all. The last time I spent time at Muscle Car Ranch, I ended the night by hanging out with the performers in a private area after the concert (Jefferson Starship), Curtis threw me the keys to a Corvette and the keys to a 4-bedroom house for the night — a true professional. Come visit Muscle Car Ranch this weekend or see their poster on www.MustangFest.org — the MCR website is www.MuscleCarRanch.com — I am speaking with Curtis about a theme restaurant that all of you would just love. More about that later...

Here are the MUSTANGFEST 2009 AWARDS (sponsored by Port Aransas Brewing Company) winners:

MustangFest 2009 WINNERS (by class and place):

1964˝ - 1973:
1st Island Jim Terrell — 1966 Red Mustang Coupe
2nd Island Carlos Chavez, Sr. — 1972 Yellow Mustang Coupe (car built in Mexico)

1974 - 1993:
1st Island Edward Angel — 1990 Green Mustang Convertible (7 Up car)
2nd Island Carlos Chavez, Jr. — 1986 Red Mustang Hatchback

1994 - 2004:
1st Island Pete Luera — 2002 Red Roush Mustang Speedster
2nd Island Bill and Sharon Thomas — Yellow Mustang Convertible (GPS tracking Mustang)

2005 to PRESENT:
1st Island Robert McCaskill — BARRICADE... the 2006 Saleen Mustang police car
2nd Island Karl Bohrer — 2008 Black Mustang (a real sweet machine)

Specialty Models / SVT — ALL YEARS:
1st Island Chris Yannuzzi — 2006 Lime Green Saleen Mustang
2nd Island James Wolff — 1986 Red SVO Mustang

Shelby — ALL YEARS:
1st Island Susan White — 2007 Shelby GT Mustang
2nd Island Dan Brummett — 1967 Green Shelby Clone

MOST UNIQUE:
Island Robert McCaskill - BARRICADE - 2006 Saleen Mustang police car

MAYOR'S CHOICE:
Island Bud Donovan — 1967 Red Mustang Convertible

MUSTANG TOM'S CHOICE:
Island Richard Brasiel — 2007 Foose Mustang (#63 of 63)

When in Port A, do as Island Tom does — stop by Port A Brewing Co. for a BOSS 302 Pizza and a Mustang Amber Ale. Get your Boar's Head deli items at IGA Family Center, plus a hot-off-the-press copy of the Port A South Jetty newspaper — even before the ink dries! Thanks to all our valued sponsors, donors to the MustangFest 2009 Benefit Auction, businesses that supported MustangFest 2009, the people of Port Aransas, the City of Port Aransas and the honorable mayor of Port Aransas... Island Claude Brown. Congratulations to all the winners and competitors — we look forward to seeing you, we wish you the best and we'll see YOU at MustangFest!

With kind regards,

Tom Hartford, Producer
MustangFest 2010 Team
www.MustangFest.org
Producer@MustangFest.org
www.Twitter.com/MustangFest
Metro (405) 563-0307

Not just a show... It's a Destination.™
DESTINATION: MustangFest

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message including attachments, if any, is intended for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.

Last edited by Dave; 10-17-2009 at 05:09 PM. Reason: cleaned the background code
Old 05-31-2010
SOEC Member

Default Mustangfest 2010...last day to preregister!

Today is the last day to preregister for Mustangfest 2010.

Anyone in or bordering around Oklahoma or Texas should look into this:

http://www.mustangfest.org/

MustangFest 2010 | Mustang Island - Port Aransas, TX

This thing was a blast and I highly recommend it.

Im going!!! Do you see Barry in the aerial view...notice a green Saleen convertible next to it?? I wonder who owns that??

Old 06-02-2010
SOEC Member

LOL, couldn't of posted this under my post already lol
Old 06-03-2010
SOEC Member

I didnt see your post.....
Old 06-09-2010
Administrator

Looks like a fun event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barricade View Post
Today is the last day to preregister for Mustangfest 2010.
Do you need SOEC promotional materials?

Last edited by Dave; 06-09-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Post merge.
Old 06-09-2010
SOEC Member

That would be awesome! Although Im pretty sure my whole car is one big promotion! lol

He has a few upgrades from Cybertron for this years show.
Old 07-14-2010
SOEC Member

make plans.....its around the corner and one awesome time!!!
Lookie here: http://mileofmustangs.com/

see me???
Old 08-29-2010
SOEC Member

I'm going to link up with the heard in San Antonio at 11am in the parking lot at Cowboys Dance Hall on Friday morning.
Its off IH-35 & 410.

Please make plans....the whole event is AWESOME!!!
Old 09-23-2010
SOEC Member

This is Next Weekend - Anybody on these boards plan on attending?
Old 09-23-2010
SOEC Member

You know I am....anyone else????
Old 09-24-2010
SOEC Member

I am probably not going to this event this year I will wait for next year to see what the interest is - doesn't seem to be that much interest in the Saleen Groups. It's probably the mileage.
Old 09-24-2010
SOEC Member

Bummer....

Im going. Miles of Mustangs, the beach, the food, the people, the shows....

Im not missing it.
Old 09-28-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barricade View Post
Bummer....

Im going. Miles of Mustangs, the beach, the food, the people, the shows....

Im not missing it.

Besure to take a ton of pics!!! I want to see what the event is like now that its NOT 100% chance of rain !!! LOL
Old 09-28-2010
SOEC Member

no way! You wanna see it then you have to go!! lol
Old 09-30-2010
SOEC Member

They crossed into Texas~~!!!

You can track the lead Mustang in real time at InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking

Username:MustangFest

Password:cruise
Old 10-05-2010
SOEC Member

Barricade - Pics ???
Old 10-05-2010
SOEC Member

Had a good time...too much sun, food and too much Elvis. lol