The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Photo Galleries and Videos Photos and videos from events, shows, gatherings, race days, or other memories to share digitally.

Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default SEMA 2009 Coverage

Dear SOEC members,

Not too sure where to start except to say that SEMA was by far my best car experience. I spent the past couple days with Ford Motor Company, and the Advertising Manager of Automobile Magazine, Patrick Cannon (Source Interlink Media Group). It was quite a unique experience as I was under assignment to collect footage and amateur photos of the event and speak to my experience. I was fortunate enough to share it with my best friend (and fellow Saleen owner, Chris Jones) and he too was shocked by the large crowds and the plethora of modded vehicles (mostly Camaro's, lol). We met and spoke with many great people and admired all of the over-the-top displays that showcased their products.

The day had started with an editor from Automobile Magazine, going over the itinerary for the day. The specific assignment was to compile footage for a contest sponsored by Ford Motor Company. The footage would then be featured to compete against other submissions by other guests of Ford Motor Company and Automobile Magazine. Our first priority was speaking to Jess Albright and David Byron about the launch of their new product, the Saleen S281. We were able to set up a video interview with David to inform us about the all new S-line, as well as the 435S. Both vehicles were quite impressive and it was exciting to see that the S-line was remaining true to it's heritage, inspired by none other than Steve Saleen. It was also exciting to see that Saleen had a very passionate bunch working hard to bring a quality vehicle to market. The all-new S281 is nothing short of amazing with it's Octane Red custom color amongst other features that make this "Unmistakably Saleen".

We were also able to break away to get a signature by Steve Saleen at the SMS booth. During the signing, my cohort explained how his late Saleen #20 '04 S281SC, was totaled when Steve began to entice Chris into a future SMS product. We were able to speak with Steve Atneyel about the engineering involved in the new line. The parts line-up are grade A quality with some of visual designs by none other than Phil Frank. Steve is on the right track with this new product line. SMS.

The rest of the day was spent taking footage of different press conferences and conversing with the Marketing Director for the Ford Mustang. We were able to hear what went into making the all new 2010 Mustang, as well as give constructive feedback and/or insight into the future of the vehicle. It was very exciting to hear Fords (undisclosed) upcoming plans for the Ford Focus RS and hopes of it coming to the US soon. During the event, we were able to see all the different styles of Mustangs coming to market such as Steeda's Mustang and Vaughn Gittin's unique design. We had the opportunity to interview Daniel Verlarde who was the winner of the '10 Unleashed Mustang. You may have seen his ad's featured in Motor Trend with the tattoo on his arm, (created by L.A. Ink) transferred to his Mustang. Ford also pushed the excitement of the all-new SVT Raptor and various upgraded models (including R and XT models). There was a simulator at the Ford Booth that put you in the seat of an SVT Raptor on a dirt track. It was intense at times but none-the-less, great fun!

Wrapping up the day included unloading all of our footage and photos to an editor and going around collecting autographs from various stars of SEMA. Although we spent most of the day collecting information from exhibitors, we did enjoy playing Forza Motorsport 3 at the "Turn 10 Studios" booth. The simulator put you in the driving seat of a custom made XBOX setup with steering wheel and pedals. An experience completely different from the typical wireless controller that comes with the XBOX 360. Me and my cohort were not able to compete directly with each other at this booth however, Hyundai had a nice little setup of an XBOX station featuring Forza 3 with their own "Genesis" coupe. You of course had the option to change your vehicle and track to your liking.

Last but not the least, Ford created a test track with drivers from Bondurant Racing (located in AZ). There were Ford Fiesta's galore for invited guests to drive and observe. We were fortunate enough to drive the manual model through the track; testing braking, body roll and acceleration. The Euro-only model comes with Ford's new Sync, as well as a promising fuel economy to compete with the likes of Toyota and Honda hybrid models.

It was great to see what SEMA exhibitors go through to get their product to market quickly. The SEMA brand allows for creative competition and encouraged a wealth of knowledge amongst buyers and the media. It's impossible to leave the show not wanting to attend again and again. WOW! I will not ever forget the amazing experience I had and hope to attend the 2010 SEMA show!

Last edited by NeoS281; 11-05-2009 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added Information
Old 11-03-2009
SOEC Member

Great pics Jared!! There wasnt a SMS Mustang there huh?
Old 11-03-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoS281 View Post
A horse named Blaze returns... to sell parts. Great look!
Old 11-05-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default A Few Photos of SEMA

Old 11-08-2009
Administrator

Old 11-08-2009
Administrator

Jarred,

Sounds like you had a fabulous experience! Thank you for sharing your story and your photos.

It was really great to meet you and Chris -- I'm glad we had a chance to meet in person!

Hope to see you next year!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 11-08-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Thanks for the eye-candy Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim D. View Post
Jarred,

Sounds like you had a fabulous experience! Thank you for sharing your story and your photos.

It was really great to meet you and Chris -- I'm glad we had a chance to meet in person!

Hope to see you next year!
It was great to meet you as well. Thanks for the shirt and hat as I've already put both to good use. Will see ya next year unless Steve decides to visit Tejas (hint, hint).
Old 11-14-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default Amateur Video Interview w/David Byron

My friend Chris (RIP2004) and I did a short little interview with David Byron (Saleen Designer) that was not professionally edited. Enjoy!

Old 11-14-2009
SOEC Member

great stuff jarred, thanks for stoping by and sharing with me. you did a fantastic job, get that contest video up asap, and i will help you ouot with spreading the word!!

Jason VIlla
'06 SALEEN SC S281 # 464 white/black
'93 Jeep Wrangler 4:1 5.13s 36s
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 11-14-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-464 View Post
great stuff jarred, thanks for stoping by and sharing with me. you did a fantastic job, get that contest video up asap, and i will help you ouot with spreading the word!!
X2....We will force it to be the #1 video!
Old 11-14-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Thanks guys! I will post up soon.
Old 11-15-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default The Unveil by a Youtube User

Old 11-20-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
The Unveil by a Youtube User
I thought I herd Mike Shields say he wrote the 5 E,s in this video, somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think Steve wrote the 5 E's

Thanks,
Tom
Old 11-20-2009
Administrator

Tom,

You're not the first to notice that faux pas in the video.

As recent as January 2006, when the S331 Sport Truck was introduced, Steve Saleen said in a press release:
“Trucks account for half of all new vehicle sales in America. Our certified dealers and countless consumers have been requesting us to manufacture a high-performance Saleen truck. By introducing both the 3-Valve and the Supercharged Saleen Sport Trucks we believe that we are right on target with the market. The big difference is that the new Saleen Sport Trucks will give consumers the extreme performance, expressive styling, exceptional value, and the exclusivity that comes from the experience of driving and owning a Saleen – all in a fully-functional truck.”

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 11-20-2009
Administrator

Who's Mike Shields.

E's discussed: Time 2:45. With the 2004 N20 Foci in the background of SS, you can figure this marketing item dates to at least late 2004.

Old 11-20-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Who's Mike Shields.
Mike Shields and his brother Joe's company MJ Acquisitions ("M" for Mike and "J" for Joe) bought certain assets from Saleen Inc., so maybe he bought the right to say he wrote the "5 Es" ... don't know.

He was nice enough to buy me a beer one afternoon shortly after Steve announced SMS would pick up on the canceled warranties. Mike wanted to talk to me about the Saleen brand and what Saleen owners wanted (I guess besides warranties).

He also asked me about what the number on the bumper of a Saleen Mustang signified, so I explained that to him as well. I also explained how owners and enthusiasts scowled when Mark Patrzik and Chris Theodore thought it was a good idea to start a new tradition by placing an "06" on the bumper of the Dark Horse.

Generally a pleasant enough fellow, I thought, until some time later he expressed to me that he didn't like that SOEC was giving away posters with Steve's signature on them... then he became not so pleasant...

But I digress...

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 11-20-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks for the eye-candy Dave!
Quote:

That's Nicolette... she's very sweet.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 11-20-2009
Saleen Staff Users

Talking

Quote:
Who's Mike Shields.

E's discussed: Time 2:45. With the 2004 N20 Foci in the background of SS, you can figure this marketing item dates to at least 2004.
In this video is my old baby, Satin Silver 02-0003 S281 SC. Now it's Curtis P's baby :-)
Fax: 949.491.9941
shebler@saleenperformance.com
Old 11-24-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

odd. I wonder if he meant that he "helped write" the speech, which included the 5 E's? Of course I could be wrong
Old 11-26-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default The last of the Photo's

Vaugn Gittin Jr. Mustang (approx 500lbs less with the use of Carbon Epoxy)

There were few Camaro's that appealed to me as most were overdone. Not this one!

Boyd Coddington Challenger. A bit too retro for me.

Genesis dubbed "Mustang Eater".

I wished Saleen offered a similar taillamp unit of the 05-09 Saleens.

A must see in person!

Old 11-26-2009
Administrator

Quote:
odd. I wonder if he meant that he "helped write" the speech, which included the 5 E's? Of course I could be wrong
Beats me. He failed at writing and presenting his speech though. Along with recalling what the companies he owns, too. Only thing worse would have been a "who am I" and "what is this car again" comment.

Anyway... here's the 5 E's from aging Saleen Performance/ Saleen Inc marketing materials. The material also states these are "Steve Saleen's 5 E's."

1. Extreme Performance
- Absolute Power
- Precision Handling
- Championship Heritage (300 wins and counting)

2. Exotic Design

- Sensuous Curves
- Wind-tunnel Tested
- Aggressive Attitude

3. Exclusive Ownership
- Individually Serialized
- Limited Production
- Saleen Owner's Registry

4. Exceptional Investment

- Power to Price Ratio
- 3-year / 36,000 Mile Warranty
- Premium Resale Value

5. Experience It
- Drive It
- Love It
- Live It
Old 11-28-2009
SOEC Member

Default Great post

Thanks Dave, I remember Steve coming to our Dealership a few years ago and training the sales department about the 5 E's himself.
Cheers,
Tom
Old 12-08-2009
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Default Motor Trend Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-464 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD KNX View Post
X2....We will force it to be the #1 video!
Thanks guys! To see me and my friends video, as well as my short essay+event synopisis, go here: http://www.motortrend.com