The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 07-12-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Question Q: 2005 Saleen Mustang replacement parts?

If this has been asked before I apologize but I’m am a longtime Mustang owner and enthusiast and have a quick question for you 2005 - 2009 Saleen owners. I am currently looking at a 2005 Saleen in Legend Lime. It’s in pristine shape and looks to have been a car show car. Anyway, my question is, how available are OEM parts for this car? My only concern in purchasing this vehicle is the fact that the front and rear bumpers and side skirts are specific to the Saleen. I have been doing research and have been unable to find any sites that still carry the body parts for the Saleen. I do plan on driving the car but I certainly don’t want to end up with a vehicle that if it ever received any body damage it would be impossible to get it back to its original look. Have any of you had any experience with finding body parts for your vehicle? Thank you for any information.
Old 07-12-2020
Administrator

Saleen Performance Parts will be your source for exterior replacement parts.

As far as bumper covers and side skirts for a 2005-09 S-model, sometimes the items are in-stock... other times they are not. When not in-stock, the wait can be months to over one full year for an exterior part.

Various misc exterior parts may be obsolete at this point and will not be reproduced.

If you plan on driving this vehicle, then you best bet is to buy as much as you can from Saleen Performance Parts (or nice used on the secondary market) and store these items so that you can be your own parts source if something goes wrong.
Old 07-12-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Thank you for the information. I was figuring limited availability. The car will not be a daily driver but will not be left in the garage 365 days a year either. I guess it’s a a risk that you take with a 15 year old vehicle.
Thanks again for your information.
Old 07-13-2020
Saleen Forums Participant

I DD a 2006 and thought about hoarding supply of cosmetic parts unique to the car. I managed to source the grille, have spare tail lights. However, I am also thinking that if the car gets into an accident, my insurance company will most likely move to total it for the lack of available parts.
Old 07-13-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
I DD a 2006 and thought about hoarding supply of cosmetic parts unique to the car. I managed to source the grille, have spare tail lights. However, I am also thinking that if the car gets into an accident, my insurance company will most likely move to total it for the lack of available parts.
That makes sense as well. The car I am looking at still has a decent price tag, if I buy it I may end up putting some gap insurance to ensure that if something bad did happen that I would still be able to pay it off if it were a total loss. I guess since these cars were produced in such small numbers that even aftermarket parts companies are not willing to produce replica style parts or does the Saleen organization refuse to sell any copyright to reproduce the parts?
Old 07-13-2020
Saleen Forums Participant

I think the lack of a/m parts is due more to a very limited market.

One other thought is - if you plan on retaining the car for a long time then you may start pursuing hoarding parts. In my case, I am leaning towards a Porsche 911 and may have to relinquish the Saleen.
Old 07-13-2020
SOEC Member

Like previously said. If you plan on keeping it buy parts when you see them even if you don’t need them. I think you’ll find a lot of owners hoard parts. I don’t why they won’t licence someone to produce parts. They said a few years back they where going to produce parts again. They did produce some for a short time but it seems to have stopped.