The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 10-05-2008

Default Any mods???

Just wondering what everyone has done to their truck, if anything. In particular, I am considering a pulley upgrade and was hoping I could find someone who has a smaller pulley and get their opinions...
Old 10-06-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default upgrade

I got the up grade from JDM Pulley ,air box, intake tube and the reflash, it was well worth the money. there is a big power gain. Haulin S331.
Old 10-06-2008

Interesting. I always check their website but I haven't ever seen anything like what you have described. Thanks for the insight; I just sent JDM an email. Did you install everything yourself and just mail your PCM in to have it flashed or do you live in Jersey?
Old 10-06-2008

My bad. I now see that you don't live in Jersey, so I assume you installed everything. I find it hard to believe that you would have them come and trailer it there for just a pulley and intake. How long did the install take? Sorry about my inquisitive nature but it's hard to find people with these trucks much less people who actually change them up.
Old 10-06-2008
SOEC Member

JDM doesn't seem to update their website much. I had to call them and ask about what they have for the truck. They have a stage 1 kit for the S331 that they say adds 80RWHP, which seems pretty impressive to me. Though I did not order it, as much as I wanted to. Hard economic times and all that fun stuff. Oh, and they said it comes with a DVD for installation instructions, I imagine it wouldn't be too hard.
Old 10-06-2008

Thanks guys. I hope to be hearing from them sometime soon. The only thing I have done so far is a new tune but I will be getting a new heat exchanger towards the end of the month. I heard that around 400 RWHP it is a good idea to change the MAF, too. Either of you know if that is included in the kit?
Old 10-06-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Default up grade

They send you a SCT tuner with the reflash in it. You use the same mass air flow meter. Jim D. the owner is the one that does the reflash in the programer. Like I said it was well worth the money. Haulin S331
Old 10-06-2008

I wonder if they will cut me a deal if I already have an SCT I could send them. If not I guess I could always sell it. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 10-06-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haulin S331 View Post
They send you a SCT tuner with the reflash in it. You use the same mass air flow meter. Jim D. the owner is the one that does the reflash in the programer. Like I said it was well worth the money. Haulin S331
That's Jim D. as in Jim D'Amore.

Anyway, I'm a different Jim D. ... just to clarify.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 10-07-2008

Actually, thanks for clearing that up because I have always thought y'all were the same guy. Until you said that I never looked at your location, either. I got an email from JDM today but I am still waiting to hear back on whether or not they can re-quote the package without the tuner.

Yeah Ronin, I think 80RWHP sounds impressive, too. Unfortunately, the rep told me the package would put me at 400RWHP, which is only 60 higher than my dynoed HP now. Even still, I live in Texas and have a heat soak issue. The new heat exchanger I am getting at the end of the month should add a little more HP, too. So I am guessing the package only adds about 50RWHP(-ish), maybe?

All in all I am thinking that I will probably get it as an Xmas gift to myself. Haulin what are your RW #'s? Can you debunk the 400 number I was given?
Old 10-22-2008
Administrator

Welcome to the Saleen Forums, Richard! That's a nice ride!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 10-22-2008
Administrator

Welcome to the forums Richard, neat Lincoln! That's almost a sleeper.

Enjoy!
Old 10-23-2008
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Welcome to the forums Richard, neat Lincoln! That's almost a sleeper.

Enjoy!
Without the Foose stripe kit it would have been a total sleeper....
Old 10-23-2008

Well I am either an idiot, or a sucker. After talking with the guys at JDM, apparently they don't make upgraded heat exchangers for these yet. The shop that I have been talking to in Houston kept telling me that I needed a bigger heat exchanger, like the Lightning's, so I told them to order me one. Funny I haven't heard back from them and then I find out that they don't even make them. Reputable shop, too.
Old 10-23-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdean View Post
Well I am either an idiot, or a sucker. After talking with the guys at JDM, apparently they don't make upgraded heat exchangers for these yet. The shop that I have been talking to in Houston kept telling me that I needed a bigger heat exchanger, like the Lightning's, so I told them to order me one. Funny I haven't heard back from them and then I find out that they don't even make them. Reputable shop, too.
I wouldn't worry too much about it... the supercharger in an F-150 is a relatively new thing and a small market compared to the Mustang, so while it may be they feel it could use a bigger heat exchanger, they didn't take into consideration that one doesn't exist yet.

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA