The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 10-25-2009
SOEC Member

Default any trick to install 2' alum rad ?

just wondering if there is a trick to installing the the lower rad hose on the 2' alum radiator? I got the replacement hose that is supposed to fit, but it does not seem to fit correctly. the lower inlet is on the opposite side from the original . I bought the saleen alum radiator on ebay and the replacement hose 62039. is it supposed to be cut and spliced? does anyone have this radiator that is stock or may have added this one to their truck ? any ideas thanks
Old 10-26-2009
SOEC Member

I bought my aluminum radiator off Ebay, too. I got the long hose from Saleen for the lower rad hose. I didn't like the idea of the long hose, so I had my welder guy move the the rad hose nipple to the other side, so I could use the original lower rad hose.
Old 10-27-2009
SOEC Member

so did the hose fit ? how did you route it? . if this radiator is direct fit why is the outlet on the opposit side ? do you still have the e-fans or mech? so if you still have the saleen hose and want to sell it i'll buy if it fits.
Old 10-27-2009
SOEC Member

The hose I got from Saleen would have fit, but it was designed to go under the motor on the crossmember and to the radiator. It looked like a hokey way to run the hose, so this is why I had the lower radiator nipple moved to fit the stock lower radiator hose. The nipple on the aluminum radiator could have been a little bigger in diameter to fit the stock lower hose, but I was able to clamp it good enough to work. I didn't like the fact that the upper and lower hoses were in the same tank on the radiator. I couldn't see where this would be very efficient for cooling. I sold the Saleen lower radiator hose last year just to cover shipping to Shane (I think it was him). I got the hose with the radiator after getting three radiators from the ebay seller. I have a mechanical fan upgrade from Saleen under warranty....but I think I am going to purchase some electric fans again.
Old 10-28-2009
SOEC Member

so would a radiater shop be able to relocate the lower outlet ? that sure is a half baked way of routing that hose and what was the purpose of relocating the outlet anyway? I think jdm is the only one that sells a e-fan setup for our trucks w/the upgraded radiator. troyers fan will not fit w/the upgraded radiator. thanks for the replies . mike
Old 10-28-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Twasnt me you sold the rad hose too. I have never looked at my rdiator hoses but....couldnt you use one of those long, universal flexible hoses? i think they run a pretty penny though...
Old 10-28-2009
SOEC Member

Any machine shop that can tig weld aluminum should be able to relocate your lower radiator outlet and plug the hole where it was. I thought it was you Shane, but it was somebody else on the forums. Been a while since super long Saleen radiator hose. Anyway, relocating the lower outlet is a much cleaner looking way to install the upgrade radiator.
Old 11-08-2009
SOEC Member

Lower radiator hose on Ebay now for $15.50 buy it now for the upgraded radiator.