The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Enthusiast Forums > Saleen Enthusiast News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Saleen Enthusiast News Enthusiast related news, corporate press releases, major announcements and their discussions.

Old 05-16-2007
Administrator

Default Racer and Car Builder Steve Saleen Resigns

Racer and Car Builder Steve Saleen Resigns from the Company that Bears His Name

May 15, 2007

More than 23 years ago, Steve Saleen founded a modest company that would produce specialty Mustangs much like those of Carroll Shelby before him -- improving on the popular platform that Ford provided and creating a unique brand based on racing heritage and an exclusive image offering handling and performance and style. The slogan would be appropo -- Power in the Hands of a Few.

Cheers to you, Steve -- and to the vision you've had for the Pony Cars and Super Cars that you've brought to us over the years -- and for those rolling works of art that hopefully you will continue to inspire in the future!

(revised 5/17 and 5/29/2007)

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 05-16-2007
Administrator

Update 5/16/2007:

While many of you have certainly read the official press release put out by Saleen, Inc., we opted to remove it from our original post above since it is linked elsewhere and is not a very truthful portrayal of Steve's departure.

But while Steve may have left Saleen the company for a variety of reasons, including the direction that it is headed, he will not forget and will not leave behind those who make up this network of fans.

Steve still believes in the brand he built, and he remains proud of his accomplishments. But he has different dreams and with this new venture he hopes to bring them to fruition.

And while it appears there's a bit of a spin going on in the "damage control" department at Saleen, Inc., we thought you'd like to read Steve's resignation letter to his employees, followed by that of Billy Tally, which paint a distinctly different picture than that of the official press release.

But as indicated in previous writings -- and is known by people who have seen him work -- Steve Saleen is a visionary, and he and Billy have already been working on a new project that is reportedly "bigger than you can imagine."

We hope to bring you more exciting details as they develop.

================================
From Steve Saleen to employees of Saleen, Inc.:

May 14, 2007

RE: My Resignation

To All Employees of Saleen, Inc.:

It is with heavy heart that I announce to you that I have tendered my resignation to the Board of Directors for Saleen, Inc. While I no longer remain involved in the company?s day-to-day affairs, as a longtime shareholder in the business I fully intend on supporting the company in every way possible. I believe in what we have built together, and I want to see the company continue on its journey of success.

Saleen will remain managed by its Board of Directors, and there are many seasoned professionals on the management team. I have no reason to believe, nor should you, that my personal decision to pursue other challenges at this time will alter the company?s mission of success. I encourage each of you to continue with your loyal dedication to Saleen. This company has been my life?s work and the realization of so many of my aspirations. Together, we have pioneered an industry and proved that anything is possible. However, as the company has been redefined my efforts are no longer best utilized.

It is important to me that you know that I have tremendously enjoyed working with each and every one of you. You have helped me build my dream, and I consider all of you to be the spirit of Saleen. I take great pride in knowing that I was involved in assembling a team of the most talented and most visionary professional this industry has to offer. Again, it has been a pleasure working with you. This organization has great potential and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Steve Saleen

================================
From Billy Tally, Chief Officer of Technology, to employees of Saleen, Inc.:

May 14, 2007

I want to thank all of you for the effort, friendship, and loyalty you have shown me the last 9 years, we have been able to produce some of the most advanced cars, & engines around with no budget, equipment, or time, and won some of the biggest races in the world. None of these could have happened with out the selfless efforts from you. You have all made me very proud. Leaving Saleen is one of the hardest choices I have ever had to make, not only for the product and the dream, but also for the people involved; don?t ever forget that you are the true backbone and sprit of this company, and the ones who make it happen.

Once again all I can say is Thanks, and as Patton once said ?I would share a foxhole with you anytime?

Billy

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 06-07-2007
Administrator

Update: 6/7/2007

Automotive News is reporting that Steve Saleen has joined ZX Automobile Co. of North America.

With head offices in New Jersey, the importer is the U.S. subsidiary of Chamco Auto, which plans to launch a Chinese-made pickup and SUV in Mexico this summer and in the United States next year.

Insiders from the Saleen camp have confirmed this, and that Steve in fact met with Keith Crain, publisher of Automotive News, in Detroit this morning.

You can read more in Crain's sister publication, AutoWeek, at:

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../70607009/1024

In the meantime, Steve is heading to Le Mans to see his S7 compete among the world's finest.

Good luck in your new venture, and good luck at the races!

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Old 06-09-2007
Administrator

Story from the June 9 edition of the Los Angeles Times...

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...ck=1&cset=true

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA