The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 01-14-2020
Saleen Forums Participant

Question Q: Upgrade a Series I to a Series IV

Hi,

I found a used Series IV with 30k miles on it, and was wondering if its worth the 3k the seller is asking for it to upgrade my Series I in my 99 Saleen? I would like to keep it as close as to OEM Saleen as possible.

I did some searching here, and the Series I puts out about 280 HP, and the Series IV is around 370 HP...so its about an 90 HP gain?

Im running all stock for the exception of some BBK long tube headers. Would it be worth it. What is your thoughts?
Old 01-14-2020
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

do a pump even a focus pump, 90mm lightning maf, 42lb lightning injectors 75mm tb, i tuned a few of these all making 390hp you should be higher since you have long tubes.

00gt 10k on the clock saleen s4 blower and full saleen body kit. 2.76 upper, 42's , 90mm maf, 75mm tb, focus pump. high flow cats, stock gt exhaust, 31splines and 373's. best et without body kit was 11.9 at 116mph on et streets. 1.60 sixty foot. way more to come out of this combo sct tuned by me.
Old 01-19-2020
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySaleen View Post
Hi,

I found a used Series IV with 30k miles on it, and was wondering if its worth the 3k the seller is asking for it to upgrade my Series I in my 99 Saleen? I would like to keep it as close as to OEM Saleen as possible.

I did some searching here, and the Series I puts out about 280 HP, and the Series IV is around 370 HP...so its about an 90 HP gain?

Im running all stock for the exception of some BBK long tube headers. Would it be worth it. What is your thoughts?
Buy a Kenne Bell 2.1
Old 02-11-2020
Saleen Forums Participant

I’ll sell you my steigemeyer ported series 4 with three pulley combinations (stock saleen/2.8/innovators west 10% overdrive, trick pony heat shield, mo saleen tensioner, lightning force heat exchanger, accufab TB, tunable induction cai, and walbro 255 fuel pump for $3k bud.

Blower had 18k stock miles. All mods less than 6k miles

Couple other goodies I’m not listing.
You will need injectors unless you can wait a couple weeks for me to take my 39lb uscar cobra injectors and adapters off my 4v.

Text me if interested and we can chat

Dane
774-266-0620
Old 04-05-2020
Saleen Forums Registrant

hi,

is the series 4 still for sale?