The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 11-05-2012
Saleen Forums Participant

Default BG 44k - Anyone used this product?

I have an '07 SC which has been making a bit of a clicking sound. It's not harsh enough for me to think it is a lifter, and though it idles perfectly smooth, when I drive it while the engine is cold there is a bit of hesitation in throttle response. I've had a trusted mechanic run diags on the it and with three separate programs no error codes popped.

Anyway, I was thinking that perhaps it could be a carbon build up. I don't drive the car very often, and I generally don't drive it hard either. A friend who is a Porsche mechanic recommended trying BG 44k. Does anyone have any experience using this product, particularly on a supercharged car, and if so, did it net you any positive results? Should I sue it in conjunction with any other products?

Thanks for any help!
Old 11-06-2012
SOEC Member

bG44k and sea foam seem to be the recommended two for this issue either seems to work according to what i have seen. You can have a professional intake cleaning done using these systems which seems like a good idea every 50 k miles or so. You can add it to the tank once an a while for prevention as well. This is what I do.
08 S302E Coupe #01 "Black Ops" USSOCOM Tribute Car. Sponsored by 281 Motorsports, HRE, Cortex, BMR, Aeromotive, Barton, ACT, SCT, Schroth, CSF & Toyo Tires! Mods to numerous to list! God bless our Special Operations Soldiers and their families!
Old 11-06-2012
Account with Invalid Email

I have used 44k for many years and have been pleased. Its perfect for your situation for a car not driven hard or often at all.
13 Boss Laguna Seca #738
05 s281 #1401~ Sold
Old 11-06-2012
Saleen Forums Participant

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I hope that's what the clicking sound is, but it sounds like it is a good product to use even if it doesn't solve this particular problem. Thanks again!
Old 11-07-2012
SOEC Member

Your Fuel injectors can sometimes cause a high pitched Clicking sound as well FYI...
08 S302E Coupe #01 "Black Ops" USSOCOM Tribute Car. Sponsored by 281 Motorsports, HRE, Cortex, BMR, Aeromotive, Barton, ACT, SCT, Schroth, CSF & Toyo Tires! Mods to numerous to list! God bless our Special Operations Soldiers and their families!