The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 08-04-2011
Saleen Forums Participant

Default 15" brakes or st60 calipers

Does anyone know if the st60 calipers will bolt right in place of the st40's?

Anyone know where the best/ least expensive place is to get the st60's or the entire st60 big brake kit with 380mm 2 piece rotors?
Old 08-04-2011
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

The cheapest i have seen them going for is on Ebay for $2k.. From what i know and dont hold me to it but the ST60 will need to be mounted to the 15" rotors they make, i don't know if you need the 2 piece rotors they make or a 1 piece 15" but i think they were designed for the 15" rotors..
Old 08-04-2011

i have seen the kit with the 355mm 2 piece rotors as well.
Old 08-04-2011

The stoptech brakes are terrible. They squeak and make a ton of noise, and ill tell you from years of sitting next to the warranty desk at Saleen that they fail all the time. If you are interested in a great brake kit at a competitive price, Wilwood is the best option, hands down.
Old 08-04-2011

I guess some Corvette guys run the ST60 calipers on 14" rotors so i was wrong about that, I don't know about wilwood vs. Stoptech though..
Old 08-05-2011

The stoptechs i have on my car right now are great. They don't make any noise and i haven't had an issue. When were you working at saleen?
Old 08-05-2011

I worked at Saleen between 2006-2009 as the Eastern Regional Manager for Aftermarket.
Old 08-05-2011

The only issues with the Stop Techs are:

The first batches of Stop Tech Pads were noisy. The Pad design was revised and fixed. If your pads are not beveled then you have the old pads.

There was also a small issue with the brake lines that was fixed immediatley. But that was in 06.
Old 08-06-2011

I run stoptech's( with saleen or stoptech on the calipers) on several cars, but I can only say, they are very, very good.
The noise is no issue at all, just get some other good pads and you're all set, for example ferodo 2500 pads, and you'll have some impressive stopping power.

Hennie