The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2008-2009 Racecraft Mustang For discussion of the 2008-09 Racecraft 420S Mustang. Owners of the 2007-08 "Sleeper GT" can also find help here.

Old 10-12-2009
Suspended Account

Default Still Some Left

I was at my local dealership today and was looking at mustangs and they had 3 08 racecraft mustangs left. They were really really marked down!
I was surprised to see some still out there, so I thought I would share.

A white/black rc with custom heated leather seats, the supershaker 485 hp upgrade and tinted windows for $36,899

http://www.pioneerford.net/new_vehic...8e690ab7244bb0

Another white one totally stock rc nothing special about this one for $30,988

http://www.pioneerford.net/new_vehic...8e690a2f1d4d60

And a really sharp looking vista blue/silver stock except for the tinted windows. $31360

http://www.pioneerford.net/new_vehic...f92541d5f1791a

I dont get anything from the sale of these cars, I just thought I would pass on what I saw. I have worked with Rebecca Moreland the internet sales manager and was very happy, and Mike Zatine is awesome, and a true saleen guy.

Just thought I would share my findings!

Jake
Old 10-12-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

You know I really didnt need to see the white one with the Shaker on it.
Old 10-12-2009
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW Staff View Post
Yeah I have drove it and it is really fast, really improved over the stock 420S. You wouldn't be disapointed if you did it to yours!
Old 10-13-2009

Wow! not a bad deal on them, Thanks for sharing
Old 10-13-2009
SOEC Member

Nice. Still happy with the price I paid :)

And ****, I thought maybe I had the only vista blue
Old 10-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresaleenowner13 View Post
Yeah I have drove it and it is really fast, really improved over the stock 420S. You wouldn't be disapointed if you did it to yours!
How was the sound ?
Old 10-13-2009
Suspended Account

Ummm well the supercharger is a little louder, but no change to the exhuast. But it does sound different and a little beastier.
Old 12-06-2009
Suspended Account

Quote:
I was at my local dealership today and was looking at mustangs and they had 3 08 racecraft mustangs left. They were really really marked down!
I was surprised to see some still out there, so I thought I would share.

A white/black rc with custom heated leather seats, the supershaker 485 hp upgrade and tinted windows for $36,899

Another white one totally stock rc nothing special about this one for $30,988

And a really sharp looking vista blue/silver stock except for the tinted windows. $31360

I dont get anything from the sale of these cars, I just thought I would pass on what I saw. I have worked with Rebecca Moreland the internet sales manager and was very happy, and Mike Zatine is awesome, and a true saleen guy.

Just thought I would share my findings!

Jake

I was in there getting my oil changed, and was looking around, Im guessing they really want them gone, so they lowered the prices on them!!

485 hp. super shaker version is now 35,999

Regular stock 420s is now 29,991

or the blue 420s w/ custom tint is now 30,991.

I wish i didnt have my truck payment right now, or I would be in there and buying one!!
Old 12-06-2009
Administrator

Quote:
I was in there getting my oil changed, and was looking around, Im guessing they really want them gone, so they lowered the prices on them!!

I wish i didnt have my truck payment right now, or I would be in there and buying one!!
Excellent pricing!
Old 12-07-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Excellent pricing!
For a car with Saleen performance and handling without the extra Saleen bells and whistles, it sure is!
Old 12-07-2009
Account with Invalid Email

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW Staff View Post
A agree! For the same or actually lower price of a new GT...
I would say that is a deal!!!

Eric
Old 12-08-2009

It may be a deal, but IMO, leftover means undesirable. If they were hot commodities, you would not see 2008's still on the lots at huge markdowns. A lot of car for the money with no return on investment.
Old 12-08-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow93 View Post
It may be a deal, but IMO, leftover means undesirable. If they were hot commodities, you would not see 2008's still on the lots at huge markdowns. A lot of car for the money with no return on investment.
No, you're wrong. The economy is barely recovering. People who have jobs are still worried about losing them. People don't have the extra cash they did in 2008 when these cars were put into production. Saleen is not the only ones to get hit by the economy. Look at Ferrari. The price they're selling them at is a STEAL when in a decent market. They can be had for significantly less than their retail. Is that because they're undesirable? No, its because even people with lots of money got their investments hammered by the market crash. I know, the doctor I work with just got a Ferrari for an absurd price without even negotiating. Their are plenty of serialized Saleen's for sale too. People bought them and can't afford them now. You see leftover as a bad thing. I see it as a good deal. Price out the mods on these cars plus labor for those prices. Pretty **** good.
Old 12-08-2009

I seen a lot of GT 500s purchased & put up as collector cars by guys in their 40s & up. A guy I know paid $50,000 for a 2007 & now look what you can get a leftover 08 for. Never look at a new car as an investment because you will lose money.
Old 01-05-2010
Suspended Account

Quote:

New prices again!!! I guess since they just got in a 2010 435s and with 2011 412 hp GT's coming they really really want them gone!!

485 hp. super shaker version is now $34,911

Regular stock 420s is now $29,677

or the blue 420s w/ custom tint is now $29,999 .
Old 01-08-2010
SOEC Member

Not 100% sure, but I think that blue one is one of the triplets that mine belongs too! Its my baby's brother/sister! ha.

Since I was curious myself, I found this out from saleen:

In 2008, 31 Racecrafts were made. 6 in total were vista blue. 3 were triplets having the same options. I have it written down at home. I think those three were the mid level options(I believe one of the 6 had "all" the options). All 6 were 5speeds.
Old 01-08-2010
Suspended Account

Default Sticker shock

Ugh, makes me sick. Paid 49k with extended warranty out the door on my red flag...they had dropped them all the way to 38K before I left Washington. Oh well, I love the car thats all that matters :) Only thing I cannot get over is our exhaust note! My buddy has a gt with flowmaster and sounds so much better. He said he likes the sound of mine though, more performance "Lemans" sounds. I guess I'm just a redneck that likes loud vroom vroom.
Old 01-08-2010
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepngli View Post
Not 100% sure, but I think that blue one is one of the triplets that mine belongs too! Its my baby's brother/sister! ha.

Since I was curious myself, I found this out from saleen:

In 2008, 31 Racecrafts were made. 6 in total were vista blue. 3 were triplets having the same options. I have it written down at home. I think those three were the mid level options(I believe one of the 6 had "all" the options). All 6 were 5speeds.
Well I can say, that it would probably be a mid level version, cloth seats etc. Ummmm..... even the super shaker version came as a stock rc, then upgraded with leather, tint, and super shaker after the fact. If thats true, then they have sold 2/3 the tripletts. They had one before that was identical to it. They also had a redfire/silver version. All of them have had the same mid level options.
Old 01-09-2010
SOEC Member

I saw the 2010 Saleen at Pioneer. Just my opinion, but it is something I would not consider purchasing since Steve Saleen himself is not behind it. I noticed that a used 09 Shelby GT was parked next to it, and both were priced in the 47K range. That too tells me something.

I pay attention to what is on that lot. A new 500KR has come and gone as well as a couple of low mileage Shelbys and those Racecraft units are still there. If another Steve Saleen era Saleen shows up there that I like, I might consider dumping the Roush Speedster I have for the wife and picking up the Saleen to go with the PJ we already have.

I am very curious to see if a 2010 Saleen shows up in the Saleen lot at this year's Mustang Northwest Roundup (and Nationals) and what the reaction will be, especially since he will be there again.
Old 02-12-2010
Suspended Account

Well once again I was at Pioneer getting my oil changed, and noticed that the supershaker was missing. I asked Mike Z the GSM there where it had gone, and they sold it yesterday. They still have the other 2 avaiable, and he told me to check out the internet specials on them, there unbelivable!

White RC 420S- $28,991
Blue RC 420S w/custom deep tint- $29,834

You couldn't buy a used GT and put the s/c on it, and all the other accessories these have, for any cheaper! If anything the Racecrafts at these prices save you money and time, while having full warranty! **** truck payment! Think they will still be around in a 1.5 yrs? Lol. Oh btw they also got a black and silver 10' GT-500, sweet looking car.
Old 02-12-2010

How I would LOVE to purchase the blue one, paint the white parts flat black, and give it to my Wife!

Eric
Old 02-12-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67fire View Post
How I would LOVE to purchase the blue one, paint the white parts flat black, and give it to my Wife!
Maybe remove the silver decals for a black set/kit. This would be easier.

Though, the silver trim is unique to the dark hued 2009 RCs.
Old 02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Maybe remove the silver decals for a black set/kit. This would be easier.

Though, the silver trim is unique to the dark hued 2009 RCs.
Sorry, they look white in the pic's.

Eric
Old 02-12-2010
Administrator

Default Saleen "Racecraft" 420S Mustang-NEW-Last 2 at this price! - $29992 (Lynden, Washingto

On CraigsList:

Date: 2010-02-12, 4:37PM PST
Reply to: sale-buavf-1598461537@craigslist.org

Last (2) ever offered at this Internet special blowout price of:

Custom built EXCLUSIVELY for Pioneer by Saleen!

Full factory warranties and new.

Retail=$41844
Invoice Total=$37188.

Here's the Specs of these Saleen Racecraft 420S:

Torque: 400 ft.-lbs. @ 4000 RPM
Horsepower: 420 @ 5800 RPM
Racecraft 4.6L SOHC Supercharged V-8
RaceCraft 420S Mustang features:
39 lb. fuel injectors
98 mm mass airflow sensor
hi-flow inlet tube and air box cover
Performance air filter

Plus custom Saleen graphic and Aero Kit front and rear!

Own a high performance muscle car for a bargain basement BLOWOUT price.

Both cars are new and untitled!

ONLY $29992.

Thats almost $7200 below our Invoice total cost! WOW! (Canadian buyers price slightly higher)

Contact Mike "Z" Zatine GSM of Pioneer Ford Racecraft and Saleen Certified advisor @ 360-354-1000 or Mikez@pioneerford.net

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/ctd/1598461537.html
Old 02-14-2010
Administrator

Revised ad:

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/ctd/1599808203.html

Aiding The Addicted™
SOEC Headquarters
Huntington Beach, CA USA

Join Saleen Owners and Enthusiasts Club on Facebook

Meet Steve Saleen at the following Signature Events co-hosted by SOEC:
Old 02-23-2010
Suspended Account

Default Only one left!!!

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/ctd/1614466185.html

They have sold the supershaker and the blue one this month, and only have one left! Its amazing that after 1 yr. of sitting on the lot they have sold 2 in one month! But they have also sold there last 08 GT and 09 GT in January and this month. But if you want a racecraft, your running out of time!
Old 02-24-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
http://bellingham.craigslist.org/ctd/1614466185.html

They have sold the supershaker and the blue one this month, and only have one left! Its amazing that after 1 yr. of sitting on the lot they have sold 2 in one month! But they have also sold there last 08 GT and 09 GT in January and this month. But if you want a racecraft, your running out of time!
I'm not terribly surprised. I picked mine up about a year about this time and that was sitting on the lot for a year. Good time to start picking up those cars they couldn't get rid of all winter and need to start clearing out for the next years. I could have had either mine or a Challenger at a great price. Glad I went with the racecraft :)