The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 2005-2009 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2005-2009 Saleen Mustang For all S281, S302, H281 and H302 models based on the Ford S-197 Mustang platform, with the exception of the S302 PJ (see below). Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 01-23-2010
SOEC Member

Default Opinion on a non saleen s/c

Would it be against the rules to put on a non saleen supercharger on the car? Just wondering what you guys think. I personally want to keep everything Saleen, as much as i can. But they are pricey.

Main reason I ask is there's a car show in my hometown that I want to be in. In the summer, so its a little while away still. And i need more than what i got in the car now.
Old 01-23-2010
SOEC Member (Inactive)

Mod your car however you feel. The only blowers I would consider are the Saleen and SMS superchargers since both of those have the same DNA so to speak.
Old 01-23-2010
SOEC Member

Yea thats what im leaning towards. Just need the cash.

I found this on ebay, looks like a good deal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123
Old 01-31-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I'll go the other way here and entertain nonSaleen/Techco. Let's say you live near Lidio in Michigan or Murillo in Texas and you want them to do the upgrade/tune. I would go with their advice for equipment. It won't be stock and you want the best setup your money can get so these folks know what's really good. Don't forget a turbo install if you or the tuner are up on it. I would stay away from centrifigals only because of the powdered metal rods and their usual reliance upon rpm. I had talked with Lidio before finding the 07 sc and we discussed an NA Saleen that I would work with him on.
Old 01-31-2010
SOEC Member

Well I emailed the guy who was selling that kit i posted, and he said the guy wasnt responding to his emails. And since I live so close, I would be able to check it out in person. But his orginal deal will probobly go through.
Old 02-14-2010
Saleen Forums Participant

I strapped on a NOVI 2200IC. I was stationed in Germany and the roots styles were too heavy to ship to an APO address. I decided to go with the Paxton because I had them in the past and loved the whine, GIANT INTERCOOLER out front and power. My grandma can drive it under 3000 RPM, but after that, hang on!
Old 02-14-2010
SOEC Member

Yea I had a D1SC that I was ping to put on my gt but never got to. The white is nice but I love the root style while.

Well crazy enough I'm going to look at a saleen blower today and maybe even buy it. We will see
Old 02-14-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfnav View Post
I'll go the other way here and entertain nonSaleen/Techco. Let's say you live near Lidio in Michigan or Murillo in Texas and you want them to do the upgrade/tune. I would go with their advice for equipment. It won't be stock and you want the best setup your money can get so these folks know what's really good. Don't forget a turbo install if you or the tuner are up on it. I would stay away from centrifigals only because of the powdered metal rods and their usual reliance upon rpm. I had talked with Lidio before finding the 07 sc and we discussed an NA Saleen that I would work with him on.
So Lidio is known outside the Michigan area eh? I have met him once at a show. He was with another local Saleen owner at the time. He is pretty legendary around South Eastern Michigan. His shop; Alternative Performance; has been around for some time; interesting that some of the ex-Saleen folks started a company in Troy using the Alternative name (no relation). I was considerign having Lidio put an "alternative" tune on my 302SC motor just to compare to what I believe JDM did at the Troy facility before it closed.
Old 02-20-2010
Saleen Forums Participant

I love my turbo. hits so much harder than the blower. Now im building a stroker to go along.
Old 02-21-2010
SOEC Member

Well I ended up buying that Saleen blower, used, has most of the parts. And it was only an hour away. I got lucky