The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 09-21-2010
SOEC Member

Default S/C Idler Pulley - Worth buying?

Is anyone using the MoSaleen™ Idler Pulley System? Just wondering your experience. Considering one for my '02
2002 S281 SC #469
Old 09-22-2010
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

i have one on my car and with any blower car a tight belt is a must.

00gt 10k on the clock saleen s4 blower and full saleen body kit. 2.76 upper, 42's , 90mm maf, 75mm tb, focus pump. high flow cats, stock gt exhaust, 31splines and 373's. best et without body kit was 11.9 at 116mph on et streets. 1.60 sixty foot. way more to come out of this combo sct tuned by me.
Old 09-23-2010
SOEC Member

I have one sitting here waiting to go on. the quality looks nice!

'03 SC Coupe (1 of 2) 380hp / 400tq @ 12lbs boost 18x10" rear wheel option
13" Saleen Brakes ◄ Chicane Intercooler ◄ 2.875" VI Xtreme Pulley ◄ 4" polished CAI
75mm TB ◄ Bassani Exhaust (Mid Length Headers, X-Pipe, Mufflers) ◄ FRPP 3.73 gears
90mm MAF/42lb Inj ◄ Ford GT Fuel Pump ◄ Rear LCA's ◄ Subframe Connectors + more!
Old 09-23-2010
SOEC Member

I use to run one when I had my SOHC, but not anymore with my 4V DOHC.
Old 09-24-2010

Using one at this time. Powdercoated with the anodized black pulley. Looks real good. I see 8 psi now instead of only 6.
Old 09-24-2010
SOEC Member

I have one. Unless your belt is slipping you don't need it....and even then...just get a smaller belt instead and save your money.

Not worth it at all.

See forum posting for independent test:

http://mustangforums.com/forum/salee...oo-review.html

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviligloo View Post
I have one. Unless your belt is slipping you don't need it....and even then...just get a smaller belt instead and save your money.

Not worth it at all.

See forum posting for independent test:

http://mustangforums.com/forum/salee...oo-review.html

I believe different cars will see different results. 3 months ago I put down 313rwhp after my tune. Just dyno'd mine today (Stock Pulley) at the same shop and put down 327rwhp. Maybe my temps were cooler than before, but I give it to mosaleen idler pulley preventing stock pulley belt slip.
Old 09-25-2010

Its really hard to see belt slip on a dyno pull sometimes, or at the track when shifting unless you have a automatic trans or data log load. For example on my lightning pickup i thought the belt was tight i was getting full boost but while shifting i notice the boost would drop way low, now i changed to a different idler set up and the boost is up between shifts. same with these cars you may have tight belt but that tensioner may bounce with all that shifting and you could be loosing boost on the shifts. for insurance i got the mosaleen for my car and at the time seem like a nice piece. It doesnt hurt thats for sure. At least that guy stuck his head out there and made a part for these cars while these other idler companies forgot about us.

00gt 10k on the clock saleen s4 blower and full saleen body kit. 2.76 upper, 42's , 90mm maf, 75mm tb, focus pump. high flow cats, stock gt exhaust, 31splines and 373's. best et without body kit was 11.9 at 116mph on et streets. 1.60 sixty foot. way more to come out of this combo sct tuned by me.
Old 09-25-2010
SOEC Member

I'm getting my stuff installed this week (Exhaust, 2.8 pulley, MAF/42lb etc. etc)
I will have the shop do a BACK to BACK dyno before and after the Mosaleen Idler, to see if there is any difference. That way I know on MY CAR if it matters.

It's not that I do not believe you guys, it's just that there is so much speculation and that is the ONLY way for me to know for sure with MY SETUP.

13" Saleen Brakes ◄ Chicane Intercooler ◄ 2.875" VI Xtreme Pulley ◄ 4" polished CAI
75mm TB ◄ Bassani Exhaust (Mid Length Headers, X-Pipe, Mufflers) ◄ FRPP 3.73 gears
90mm MAF/42lb Inj ◄ Ford GT Fuel Pump ◄ Rear LCA's ◄ Subframe Connectors + more!
Old 09-25-2010

sonic you should have a 11second ride like me now with those goodies. good luck

Old 09-25-2010
SOEC Member

TO be honest I'm not really sure what to expect out of this setup. Guess we will see. I will keep you all informed on the status in the next couple of weeks.

Old 09-26-2010
SOEC Member

The mosaleed pulley system was one of the first mods I did to my car. It was a good choice to put the pulley on my car because I now see boost as soon as I put my foot on the gas. (no waiting just 3 to 5 pounds like now) and as the rpms go up so does the boost all the way to 10 pounds . I have not noticed any belt slipping from the day I put the pulley system on my car and we are going on 10K+ miles now.
Muzzy 2004 281SC convertible #355
42#
JLT cold air
JDM SCT 93 oct tune
90mm maf
75mm TB
Ported and Polished SC by PSE
Mosaleen pulley sys
Gaterback belt
NGK tr6 @034
2.9 pulley
Chicane SS braded IC lines
SS Rear bumper inlays
Carbon fiber dash kit and shift knob
1 bottle of water wetter
Old 09-30-2010
SOEC Member

The car has been in the shop for the last 2 days now...should be done by the weekend and I will let you guys know a before and after dyno of the mosaleen system.

This car is gonna be BAAAADDD!!! hahaa

Old 10-01-2010
SOEC Member

This is mine with a moto-blue idler pulley making 13.9lbs of boost. No need for the Mosaleen.

Last edited by Coderedsaleen; 10-01-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 10-09-2010
SOEC Member

Thanks for all the replies and advice.
2002 S281 SC #469
Old 10-11-2010

Check the bottom of your upper radiator hose. If the belt has cut a ridge into the bottom of the belt, you NEED one of these pulleys... The less belt slippage is a nice benefit but the pulley will prevent the bottom of your upper radiator hose from getting cut by the belt jumping around.

More of an issue on some cars than others...
Old 10-11-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfalk View Post
Check the bottom of your upper radiator hose. If the belt has cut a ridge into the bottom of the belt, you NEED one of these pulleys... The less belt slippage is a nice benefit but the pulley will prevent the bottom of your upper radiator hose from getting cut by the belt jumping around.

More of an issue on some cars than others...
WAS an issue on ours...not no more!

Old 10-14-2010
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlue View Post
I will let you guys know a before and after dyno of the mosaleen system.
So did you do the back to back dyno with and without the mosaleen system? Update? Dyno sheets?

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates