The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 08-20-2009
Suspended Account

Default IC Pump problems

Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem? Normal ic temps for my truck with JDM stage 2 kit have always been around 110 and get up to 130 when in boost and fall back down when out of boost. My temps have been very erratic lately. Hot around 160 and then will fall to normal. Have checked the pump and it was working when temps were normal. Checked fuse, flused system and replaced with water and wetter wet, checked all wire connect. Still the pump is not working when ic temps are hot. Yes both fans are working. Any suggestions? Is the pump controled by the fan controller too? I would think the pump should be running all the time.. Have a warranty claim with SMS but dont want to take it in till I have checked all options. Any help/suggestions would be great. Thanks alot.
Old 08-20-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

How do you test your pump to see if it is working when your IAT2 temps are way up? I dont think there is any correlation there. I know that a 10 degree difference in ambient temperature, driving conditions, and humidity all play a rold in the intake temp. Its hot and humid here in the south and it is not uncommon to be have a 130-140 degree IAT2 temp when sitting in bumper to bumper traffic.

Also, did you submit a warranty claim with Saleen? Last I heard, they had stepped up to the plate and were honoring warranty claims. Might be easier than going through SMS. Just a thought.
Old 08-20-2009
Suspended Account

I guess I didn't explain the problem in detail. I took the cap off the intercooler resevor and the water is circulating and temps are normal. I have owned the truck since new and temps are always low between 100-120. Today I was in 75 degree weather and ic temp was 160, checked the reservor and no bubbles or circulation, water was very cold. Then when driving the temp all of a sudden drops to normal. To me it seems like a loose connection or bad switch. What activates the pump?
Old 11-04-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

This sounds like the problem I was talking about a while back. I haven't been back home to drive my truck since though. I did just have it in to ford for warranty work on the intake manifold. The Service guy changing the oil said there was a leak of some kind so I had the wife take it to the dealership. I guess I won't know for sure if I'm still having said issue until it starts heating up outside again next Spring.
Old 11-04-2009

I dont have alot to offer here but...having been one of the ones that completely rewired the efans with all new equipment I can tell you they are not on the same controller as the fans. Those feaking things are completely independant of themselves. Also, your intercooler pump should be working ANYTIME the truck is running. It doesnt switch on and off like the fans do (atleast my lightning did....shane correct me if Im wrong on that).... that being said, you should be circulating in the reservoir all the time. And the temp spiking to the 130's under load like you described is normal and then it should cool back down after you get out of the throttle. 160's??......Ive never seen anything that hign in mine, even when both my fans went out at the beach and the thing over heated. hope that helps a little