The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 11-21-2008
Suspended Account

Default Only Saleen truck in KS?

I purchased my 07 saleen about 3 months ago. I got an amazing deal from a dealer in manteca Ca, so I cant complain much. My first prob was the surging. I couldnt go on vacation because the local ford dealers didnt have a clue on what to do about it. Thanks to this fourm I now know how to fix that. I also noticed the fans kicking off and on every 10 sec, but so far havent had a melt down like some have. Does this need to be fixed and what needs to be done? I am curious if the front end problems have been fixed yet. how could I tell? The truck only has 5,000 miles on it and does have the brake upgrade. I also noticed that the saleen logo on the windshield was sprayed on. Under closer observation I noticed overspray on the rubber of the windshield and some on the body. Also the level of noise in the cab is a bit ridiculous. I think Saleen could of actually directly piped the exhaust out the side instead of piping it into a can like deal that acts like a resonator into the cab. I would like to upgrade the motor but am scared to loose my extended warranty. How do I get on the list of recall notices from saleen and what would void warranty? On a positive note the truck is a black beauty and gets noticed everywhere in podunk kansas. I am also happy with 13mpg im getting out of a 450hp 6000 lb truck. It tows the waverunners like they arent even there. The handling is amazing. All in all I am happy with the truck I am just looking forward to getting all the bugs worked out.
Old 11-22-2008
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

Hi there,

In order to get the surging fixed, your entire computer will need to be removed and sent to Saleen. This can ONLY be done by an authorized Saleen dealer. Saleen will not warranty any work done by a non authorized dealer. So, make sure your Ford Dealership has the proper credentials. If they sell Saleens, they are authorized. I have yet to speak to an S331 owner that did not have these surging issues. How in the heck did they get out of Saleen like that? Yours has 5k miles on it...no one noticed it before now? Sheesh!

My fans kick on and off every 10 seconds too. They have not melted yet. I think the only thing we can do is wait for the inevitable and then take the truck in so that the dealer can put on a mechanical fan. I, personally, think that is awful. We all know that a dual electric fan setup costs way more than a mechanical fan setup. We should be getting a refund when they add the mechanical fan. I wont be keeping the mech fan setup if it has to be changed. I will be investing in a dual fan setup that is wired correctly.

I am not familiar with the front end issues that you are referring to. Can you elaborate?

The dreaded drone inside the cab, is indeed, ridiculous. I have no idea who at Saleen thought that that was "ok." I cant even hold a conversation with someone from 1700-2000 rpms....you know, the 50-60mph rpm range....some of the most popular speeds. You could change your rear gears to put you in a different RPM range that eliminates the drone or you can change to a dual setup and make your side exit nonfunctional.

You say you have an extended warranty....how did you get that? Extended warranties are not offered on Saleen vehicles. Is this a third party warranty that you purchased? Upgrading your engine cannot void your warranty unless your upgrade is directly related to your engine malfunctioning (magnusson-moss act). However, that being said, Ford Engineers have a way of writing things up in their favor. There are some bolt on pieces out there that perk these trucks up. They can be removed easily when you go in for warranty work. Do a search for JDMs kit for these trucks. Troyer performance also has a kit for much cheaper. I believe both kits add about 80rwhp and really change the way these trucks shift.

You want even better handling? Get a hellwig rear swaybar. These trucks should have come with one of these from the beginning. Feel free to email me anytime at light02atl@yahoo.com if you have any specific questions. This board is kind of slow at times. There are a few of us that are emailing each other A LOT though.

Take care.
Old 11-24-2008
Suspended Account

Thanks light,

The only thing I have found to help the surging is to take the overdrive off. I still need to make a appointment with the ford dealership now that I know what needs to be done. When I was looking to buy a saleen there were no saleen dealers in KS. My local ford dealership said they could work on it but I dont think they are certified.

The front end problems are something I heard about in these forums. something about a recall on the hubs and upgraded 15" brakes, Im not sure.

I got an extra 5 yrs 100% extended warranty because the dealership told me that the superchargers dont last very long and that 3G was cheap compared to the 8G it would take to replace the SC. The insurance is called Easy Care. I was amazed that there was extended warr on this truck. Im just hoping they didnt write it down as a f150 lariat, I need to call and see. I am wanting to do the stage one kit jdw offers but the SC pulley has a sticker on it that says if the sticker has been removed AKA the pulley being changed the warranty is void. The truck is quick but along way from as fast as I thought it should be. What MPg are you getting out of yours? I was getting 11 till I put a powertrax bed cover on it and that brought me up to 13.

Thanks again!
Old 11-24-2008

Quote:
he only thing I have found to help the surging is to take the overdrive off. I still need to make a appointment with the ford dealership now that I know what needs to be done. When I was looking to buy a saleen there were no saleen dealers in KS. My local ford dealership said they could work on it but I dont think they are certified.

The front end problems are something I heard about in these forums. something about a recall on the hubs and upgraded 15" brakes, Im not sure.

I got an extra 5 yrs 100% extended warranty because the dealership told me that the superchargers dont last very long and that 3G was cheap compared to the 8G it would take to replace the SC. The insurance is called Easy Care. I was amazed that there was extended warr on this truck. Im just hoping they didnt write it down as a f150 lariat, I need to call and see. I am wanting to do the stage one kit jdw offers but the SC pulley has a sticker on it that says if the sticker has been removed AKA the pulley being changed the warranty is void. The truck is quick but along way from as fast as I thought it should be. What MPg are you getting out of yours? I was getting 11 till I put a powertrax bed cover on it and that brought me up to 13.
I can give you the name of a competent tech at Saleen regarding the computer issue. When my authorized dealer called, no one at Saleen had ever heard of surging issues.

I have not received any recalls on the hubs. Maybe they were on the 06 models?

I hate to tell you this, but your dealership told you a story. These Superchargers last well over 50k+miles. A new one DOES NOT run $8,000. Most can even be rebuilt. Easy Care is a third party warranty company. So, you are not warrantied through Ford. I would REALLY look into getting your truck serviced at a Saleen authorized dealer.

I am looking into the Troyer kit over the JDM kit. Its $800 cheaper and Troyer is boasting better performance. As for the SC pulley, it can be removed without damaging the tab on the front :)
Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

I just talked to my local ford dealer and they talked to saleen. Saleen agreed to let them work on the truck even though they arent an authorized saleen dealer. The closest saleen dealer is in Omaha Nebraska====looong drive.

I bought my truck from Manteca Ford in Ca and nothing would supprise me, they gave me the runaround. I just got my warranty card yesterday and yeah its not a ford warranty like they said. Im still waiting on a owners manual and "something special" they said they were going to give me for waiting over a month to get the truck shipped after I payed for it. my 30day tag was expired before I got the truck lol.

I will deff check the troyer system out thanks!
Old 11-25-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenKS View Post
I just talked to my local ford dealer and they talked to saleen. Saleen agreed to let them work on the truck even though they arent an authorized saleen dealer. The closest saleen dealer is in Omaha Nebraska====looong drive.

I bought my truck from Manteca Ford in Ca and nothing would supprise me, they gave me the runaround. I just got my warranty card yesterday and yeah its not a ford warranty like they said. Im still waiting on a owners manual and "something special" they said they were going to give me for waiting over a month to get the truck shipped after I payed for it. my 30day tag was expired before I got the truck lol.

I will deff check the troyer system out thanks!
Your something special will probably be an Eagle One detailing kit. something that may have been "taken" from your truck to begin with. It took my dealer 6 weeks to ship mine to me. They shipped it with 50 more miles on it than when I bought it, a nail in the tire, and the wheels out of balance.

I would definitely get the name of the tech or customer service rep that your Ford Dealership talked to. However, you have a third party extended warranty. That should take care of everything, regardless if Saleen wants to play nice or not.

Good luck!
Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

yes the eagle one detail kit is 1 item that is supposed to come with the truck but did you get the tire inflate kit came in both my trucks, but the one i have now i still cant tell you whats in it i havent opened it yet! all i know is its, orange!.
Old 11-25-2008

The Eagle One kit is only included on these trucks if it was on the window sticker. You can buy one for $9.99

I dont know aything about the tire inflate kit. I never got one...
Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

Did they come with a Saleen owners manual or just an f150 manual.
Old 11-25-2008

You should have received a saleen "owner manual" also.
Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

The only thing I got was one key. I guess I could contact saleen and get an owners manual.
Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

sorry but ive had 2 s331's an both came with both kits. my first one was 07-#249 an THEN! i found one close by, Super Charged an traded for 07-#349SC an it has a tire inflate kit also, in bubble rape under the back pass. seat. now you guys have got me goin, an know i have to go an open it to find out whats in it! tomorrow!,the only thing i was ****ed about was #249 had a SALEEN bed liner. #349 doesnt! both are black. i was reading throght this page. haven had a serge prob. but my fans do rattle. an what this about a better sway bar for the rear? i thought mine handled pretty good for an oversized sporst car.
Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

yes yor supposed to get a SALEEN owners manual, not sure but maybe the SC but i got one in both.
Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

? did you get a SALEEN key ring?
Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

No manuals no door codes no saleen keyring nothing.
Old 11-25-2008

Saleen key rings are probably dealer specific. New trucks come with two sets of keys and two FOBs. Eagle One kits only came with trucks if it was on the windo sticker. Bed liners were an option. Not all Saleens came with them. I know mine didnt. I ended up getting a bedrug instead.....1000x better than the drop in liner from Saleen.

If you got no door codes, how in the heck are you suppose to know what code opens your door? I would definitely contact the dealer about that one.

Good luck
Old 11-25-2008
Suspended Account

The dealer I bought it from told me saleen didnt have an owners manual and that they had no way to fig out the pass code for the door. THe truck was a repo and all they had was one key and one fob. I had a viper alarm installed last week so even if I had the code it would set the alarm off if I opened the door.
Old 11-26-2008
Suspended Account

as far as the entry code any ford dealer can get it for you. i have a friend that walks up to ANY Linclon with keyless entry an gets IN EVERY TIME BECAUSE he knows the override code an sets them from there. the manual is what told me why i had a flat repair kit with the truck. because of the 15" rotors, the spair wont fit, an the dont recomend interchanging the wheels because of the offset. neither these items were on the sticker as far as i know right at the moment. AND NOT to bring it over 5krpm befor the first 5K miles. oops! ford says 6k mile oil change, Saleen says 3k an synthetic oil only or it voids the warenty. i got my key rings from 2 diffrent dealers. the second dealer didnt hand me my new keys with the SALEEN key ring, they got me a new one right there an then. then i got home an found one int the counsol in a brown envelope. so now i have 2, well, the wife has one . i dont know how good a deal you got, but your still dishing out a lot of CHA-CING!, id be gettin on some ***. good luck!
Old 11-26-2008
Suspended Account

Well Its a good thing I put an alarm system on my truck I would hate to have your friend steal my truck lol. I searched for over a year to find my truck at the price I wanted to pay. My girlfriend said I looked like a crack head looking for a rock night after night on the internet till I found it. I saved myself about 10G from what most of the cheaper used were going for PLUS free shipping to KS. I almost feel sorry for the guy who originally leased the 65G truck put 3,000 miles on it and 4g in stereo into it only to get it repoed 5 months later. Smart dealer put smart prices on there vehicles and well I got a dumb dealer so I guess I just have to a little reserch.
Old 11-27-2008
Suspended Account

well im glad to hear YOU got a good deal on your 331, i oped for the full price 67K my first one was 42K. an yesterday i did check on my window sticker an found that the EAGLE ONE detail kit is on it. BUT! the tire repair an air pum kit is not but i got one in both of the trucksin bubble rap with a pair of desposable gloves. its orange & black (black side + compresser + orange side is the fix a flat stuff) even has an exparation date of 10/10/2010. the other thing i found was, the "fake" air in let on the hood, well mine is funktional!! i took the grate out an marked an cut ti out put grate back in. (painted all edges) the dealer thought it was factory! believe it or not but the truck runs almost 10* cooler! (i do custom body & paint work) if you want ill get any #s i find on the sallen owners manual & the tire kit. BUT i do have to say it is KOOOOL to have one of these trucks! ive been to a few shows with mine took a 2nd at one (totally unexpected NOBODY votes on NEW vehicles!) but ive benn to 2 of the biggest shows in this area 1 in Conn. 3500 an had the only SALEEN truck, then the SUMMER NATIONALS in Worster Mass. (live in Mass.) 4700 again the only one. even the local cops have given the thums up! one pulled me over just to look at it! tell ya what changes the whole appearance of the truck an looks like it came this way! i put a spioler on it from the Dodge Daytona. it matches all the black pieces on the truck SO no! painting reqired! (but @ 100mph it shakes a little!)
Old 11-28-2008
Suspended Account

Do you have a pic of the truck with the spoiler on it?
Old 11-29-2008
Suspended Account

yes! i do, i tryed to load a couple in here but i havent figured out how to make them small enough to post them. i could send them to ya if you wanted. if ya want e/m me at gomezsr@msn.com an ill send them gladly.
Old 12-02-2008
Suspended Account

justthechad@hotmail.com I would love to see a pic of your spoiler. Thanks
Old 12-02-2008
Suspended Account

KS what color is yours?
Old 12-02-2008
Suspended Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez331sc View Post
KS what color is yours?
Black just like yours! Your spoiler looks awsome, I just got the pics
Old 12-02-2008
Suspended Account

KS ya should check out the guy from the (forgot his thread name,I know his NAME) UK his is lazor red looks real shrp in red!
Old 12-02-2008

pics to light02atl@yahoo.com please.
Old 12-02-2008
Suspended Account

I will check it out Dave. I was looking at the roush spoiler but I didnt want to pay $300 for it. after you sent me the pics of yours I looked it up again and its on sale for $50. http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=577 how much did you pick up yours for?
Old 12-02-2008
Suspended Account

how about the tune of 525.00$ brand new from dodge.
Old 12-04-2008
Saleen Forums Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenKS View Post
I will check it out Dave. I was looking at the roush spoiler but I didnt want to pay $300 for it. after you sent me the pics of yours I looked it up again and its on sale for $50. http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=577 how much did you pick up yours for?

This spoiler is for the tonneau cover. Won't work unless you have it. I ordered one and had to call and cancel my order after I read the install instructions.
Old 12-09-2008
Suspended Account

KS i just checked that spoiler by roush an it looks like they make 2 styles check it out the one i looked at didnt say anything about the tourneu cover an the pic. of the spoiler was white BUT the come unpainted. check again.
Old 12-09-2008
Suspended Account

Light did you get the pic,s of the spoiler i put on my 331?
Old 12-09-2008
Suspended Account

Yeah the one I linked is for the tonneau cover and thats why its only 50 bucks. In the pic they show the tailgate spoiler so I just fig it was what they showed. I think im going to wait till I get all the bugs worked out till I do any exterior upgrades.