The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 11-06-2015
Account with Invalid Email

Default Seeking value?: S331 Supercharged

Looking for s331. Found a couple just wanted to see what you guys thought they are worth. Both supercharged red one w 72k miles and other gray w 50k miles. No 15" brakes on either. Thanks in advance
Old 11-08-2015
Saleen Forums Participant

Mid 20K on both. A bit more $$ for the lower mileage example. Who opts for a supercharger without the brake upgrade ??! I am the opposite of most. I make my cars stop first then worry about going fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2015
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

If those two trucks are the ones I think they are, they have been for sale for a really long time.
Consider this, the mint condition loaded truck with 6,000 miles on ebay has gone to 28k a few times. Been on there long enough that if someone was going to pay more, they probably would have by now.

So the gray one if it's one in the same, has no brakes, nearly 10x the miles and the asking price is 30k.

If you look hard enough, you can find plenty of them out there.

My advice would be to make sure you don't overpay, because they aren't exactly something you can just get rid of on a whim.
Old 11-13-2015

Amen to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2015
Account with Invalid Email

Great point jcar!
Old 11-18-2015

Keep in mind, i'm a fan of the s331. I have watched pricing pretty closely on many of them over the last year. I'd like to own one, I just prefer to be very careful about the value, I don't need to make money, but I also don't like to buy things that devalue faster than I make the payments.
I also own an xp8, so I know a little something about owning a vehicle that lost most of it's value very quickly (something I benefitted from).

I'm almost thinking that finding a NA model and putting an SC on it may be the way to go, probably wasn't beat on and I've been told some have sold in the low teens.
Sold xp8 2000 #30, all options including alcons
Old 10-18-2016

Seems a while since this has been commented on... I possibly am in market to sell my Arctic White Bumper # 76 - 2007 Saleen S331 Supercharged truck. Truck has all the options except air lift.
Where is a good location to get a estimate on the value. I searched NADA and cant select in drop downs under classic cars, but under a random search comes up with values below
Original
MSRP
Low
Retail
Average
Retail
High
Retail
Base Price $53,999 $21,000 $30,800 $37,900
TOTAL PRICE: $53,999 $21,000 $30,800 $37,900

Any help is appreciated
Thank you
Old 10-18-2016

There really is no place to get an accurate estimate other than the actual market.
I still watch most of them (looking for the right 08 at the right price).
The same ones that were over priced before are still for sale. Some of those guys have probably cost themselves thousands by holding on for too much money.

It would appear what many guys do is ask a few bucks too high on ebay and negotiate a lower number privately.

If your mileage is 50k or below you are probably looking at low 20's. If it's around 100k or more mid high teens.

The only thing the NADA is good for is helping someone get a loan to buy one, because if they aren't paying cash they will need to prove it's worth more than a standard 2wd f150 which is probably worth 10 grand or less now.
When I bought my xp8 is was valued in the NADA at like 38,000 and I assure you I payed nothing near that.
Old 10-18-2016

All due respect, I think jcar302 is a little low on his valuation. Assuming that your truck is highly optioned, with big brakes, chrome wheels, Rockford Fosgate, hard tonneau etc. Mileage is the big factor here. Low mileage= more value. I think you are looking at $25K -$29K, dependent on these variables. I have seen a few go for low 20's, but they were ragged out daily drivers, with high mileage and missing desireable options.
Old 10-18-2016

Good to know.... I have 82,000 miles on the truck and I know a lot of people say this, but this truck has been babied. Full synthetic every 3K miles etc... never missed any scheduled appointments and have records for all items.
New OEM Saleen rotors, brakes, tires. Yes it has the 23 inch chrome wheels with the 15 inch calipers, Rockford Fosgate speakers with sub. No hard tonneau cover... but has Linux bed liner.
Dash is also signed by Steve Saleen.
Old 10-19-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalcop View Post
All due respect, I think jcar302 is a little low on his valuation. Assuming that your truck is highly optioned, with big brakes, chrome wheels, Rockford Fosgate, hard tonneau etc. Mileage is the big factor here. Low mileage= more value. I think you are looking at $25K -$29K, dependent on these variables. I have seen a few go for low 20's, but they were ragged out daily drivers, with high mileage and missing desireable options.
There is always a chance i'm off, but I still get them all emailed to me, so I see them from the saleen forums when I visit, ebay and best of all autotrader and sometimes cargurus.

I think the hardcore guys really need every option, but most would be good with the brakes and SC. Most people wouldn't turn one down because it was missing a minor option.
Only a few have I seen really seemed mistreated.

If the showroom perfect maroon one with 6000 miles sold for 28k or less, which if I remember correctly was the BIN and the bidding went to 26k, I've got to assume that is the ceiling, other than the special yellow 08 or the gulf blue.

I haven't even seen one with an asking price as high as 29 grand in a long time, other than the silver one that has been for sale for 2 years with 50,000 miles.

The one on autotrader now is $21,900, been for sale for at least 6 months, possibly more and is similar in options to his with 20,000 more miles. Can't speak of the condition but looks pretty nice and is at a dealer that carries higher end cars and trucks.

There is always the right buyer at the right time to buck a trend, but sometimes waiting for that is plain old more expensive.
Old 10-19-2016

I believe that dealers and a handful of desperate sellers have given these trucks a 'false' valuation. Sure, there are deals out there, to be had, but the better examples still command more. If you are a more typical S331 owner, your truck is always garaged, rarely driven, lovingly cared for example. Throw in the desired options, like you said, SC and big brakes, and low mileage, and that is a $25-$30K truck.
As an owner of one of these trucks, I hope that they are at the low point, value-wise, right now. Meaning that the values will level off, and eventually go up, slightly. if the S331 trends like other low production Saleens, that will be the case. Unfortunately, I don't foresee our great trucks ever being worth much more than $30K. I hope most owners are like me, in that I will keep my truck, rather than 'give it away' for $21K +/-.
Old 10-19-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalcop View Post
I believe that dealers and a handful of desperate sellers have given these trucks a 'false' valuation. Sure, there are deals out there, to be had, but the better examples still command more. If you are a more typical S331 owner, your truck is always garaged, rarely driven, lovingly cared for example. Throw in the desired options, like you said, SC and big brakes, and low mileage, and that is a $25-$30K truck.
As an owner of one of these trucks, I hope that they are at the low point, value-wise, right now. Meaning that the values will level off, and eventually go up, slightly. if the S331 trends like other low production Saleens, that will be the case. Unfortunately, I don't foresee our great trucks ever being worth much more than $30K. I hope most owners are like me, in that I will keep my truck, rather than 'give it away' for $21K +/-.

Collectors aren't really the people that buy s331's, if you just go by the miles on most of them, they goto drivers.
The situation is very reminiscent of debates the xp8 guys had years ago. Some guys swore up and down about collectors and the future, some guys just drove them. I can say for certain the guys that drove them won the debate in the end.
In many ways it's similar, they didn't make many (although they made far less xp8's, which will proves rarity doesn't necessarily add value), both are awesome conversation pieces (which may be my favorite part) and both were driven.

They are what they are. IMO, that's ok, love it, enjoy it, modify it, drive it. Not going to have a drastic effect on value.
Prices going up one day is a pretty optimistic outlook. From the looks of it, foxbody's (especially ssc's, sc and of course sa10's) are what the collectors want, and you could add the s351.

I don't expect to see the xp8 or s331 on that list any time soon.
Doesn't mean I love the xp8 any less, just means I have a greater understanding of what it is.

I can't say if they hit bottom, because i'm a research type of guy and I go by the numbers, regardless if they come from dealers (who usually ask more than private sellers because they have to make money) or desperate sellers (which is common when it comes to luxury items)

This is part of the reason I tell people to drive their cars, value is going down no matter what in most cases, you might as well rack up some miles and get some enjoyment.
Old 10-20-2016

S331SC is in Power in the hands of a few.
Old 10-20-2016

For the record, I have no intent on artificially deflating the market.
Oddly enough, this morning I had 7 (that's right, 7) saleen f150's emailed to me from autotrader, a few of which I had already seen and then a bunch more.

This was the cream of the crop, went down into the teens from there.
Which kinda jives with my 28k ceiling theory.
With 11,500 miles, the SC, brakes and being black in color, I think it's one of the best I've seen.
Unfortunately, none were 08's.
The last 08 I saw was about a month ago, missing front bumper and a Carfax that suggested it hadn't been driven in 2+ years and was bounced around at the auction. Obvious it was in an accident. Strangely, there was a bumper on ebay that too was white (different number), but I wasn't paying a premium for the truck, then buying the bumper and fixing it. The price was close to fair with a clean record and complete. I could get over the minor accident, but I wasn't fixing it on my dollar.

Here is the black 07
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...33747569&Log=0
Old 10-20-2016

One other thing that makes them tricky to identify is that some are listed as fx2's and some are listed as lariats.
I guess that's the sellers issue, but were some lariats?
Old 10-20-2016

As far as i know they were FX 2's
Old 10-20-2016

Why do you want an '08? They made way more in '07? Or were you looking for the elusive super crew?
Old 10-20-2016

A few reasond, I like how they look better, 2 children in rear facing child seats, and I'd like to be able to comfortably cart 4 adults (including me) around. The back seat on a supercab is no better than the xp8 I have and for my life I feel it's undersized. I wish a scab would work for me, but it's really a lateral move. My buddy has both and the s crew is a cavern compared to the supercab

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016
SOEC Member

Can you send me a link to the '08 you passed on? I don't think I have that one in the registry.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2016

Just think ,one day you just might finish that REGISTRY. just joking
Old 10-20-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehead View Post
Can you send me a link to the '08 you passed on? I don't think I have that one in the registry.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I didn't write down the bumper number and the links are dead.
I think it sold a few weeks back, as did the bumper on ebay.
I still have the autocheck with the vin if that helps.
95,000 miles or so on it.