The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Vehicle Discussions - Tesla, S7, Focus, Sportruck and XP > 2007-2008 S331 Sportruck
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

2007-2008 S331 Sportruck For discussion of the F-150 platform "Thunder."

Old 08-17-2009
Suspended Account

Default I need tires

I know many of you guys have replaced your front tires already. I am curious what brand you went with and if they will match up (looks and handling) with the bfgs or should I buy 4. I don't want to spend 500$ for bfg's
Old 08-17-2009
Senior Saleen Forums Participant

I think Saleen started using Continental tires.

They are less than $700 for a set of 4 shipped
Old 08-17-2009
SOEC Member

I checked last year on who made tires in our size and the Yokohama's were the cheapest in price at $189 each. The BFG's were $389 each. There was another brand and I think they were the Continental's like Light02alt described. I still have my original tires still....knock on wood.
Old 08-17-2009
Suspended Account

My ford dealer said continentals are discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light02atl View Post
I think Saleen started using Continental tires.

They are less than $700 for a set of 4 shipped
Old 08-17-2009
SOEC Member

The Yokohamas aren't a bad looking tire.
Old 08-17-2009
Suspended Account

My ford dealer said my options are general, toyo, or yoko. the nittos were special order. I am curious if having diff brand on the front will make it handle squirly, and can you have directional on the back and nondirectional on the front?
Old 08-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenKS View Post
My ford dealer said continentals are discontinued.

That is your problem....you are trying to go through a FORD DEALER!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Check Ebay for the Continentals. Thats where I saw them yesterday. Set of 4 $689 shipped. Brand new.
Old 08-18-2009
Saleen Forums Participant

I did the Toyo Proxes ST (old style) because they look great and can be found for around $165 per tire....
Old 08-18-2009
Suspended Account

Discount tire direct has the continentals for $163 a tire and I believe that was free shipn also. Light do you have the continentals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light02atl View Post
That is your problem....you are trying to go through a FORD DEALER!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Check Ebay for the Continentals. Thats where I saw them yesterday. Set of 4 $689 shipped. Brand new.
Old 08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenKS View Post
Discount tire direct has the continentals for $163 a tire and I believe that was free shipn also. Light do you have the continentals?

No, I still have my KDW2s. I only have 6k miles on my truck
Old 08-20-2009

Go with these if you can find them Continental Cross Contact UHP Tires, 305/40/VR23. I have them now and they ride great compared to the KDW. Also, I only had the front KDW's for 12k miles and had to replace the fronts. At 24k the fronts were worn again and the backs started showing the threads. Only have 2k on the Continental's, but I got them for $149 off tirerack. You can't get them from there anymore, so happy hunting.
Old 08-20-2009

I went with the nitto's on the front after getting it realigned...still has the bfg's on the rear and it still handles as good as it did before..when these rears wear out I'll replace them with the nitto's as well
Old 08-22-2009
Suspended Account

Well I loved the look of the nittos BUt they were a special order item 2-3 weeks. I also liked the continentals but i would have to buy 4 because they are z rated instead of v. The continentals are being phased out thats why they are so cheap right now and alot of people complained about them not wearing very well. I got a migrain from trying to figure out the perfect tire so I ended up going with the yoko parada spec x. They matched up with the kdw performance wise. Very quiet and smooth going down the road. I dont like the looks of the tires. The BFG has a distinct rim protector edge. The yokos Ummmn not so much. I have a long "surging" 2 hr trip to make tomorrow so I will see how they perform. I also got the front end alligned today so hopefully these will last a bit longer.