The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 07-22-2013
Saleen Forums Participant

Default 1999 s281 serpentine / pully question

Hi everyone!

I just got a 99 mustang saleen s281 naturally aspirated. I really need some help. I have been back and forth with saleen parts trying to find a serpentine belt. I searched this forum and was able to get part #176-162 and I gave that part # to the parts guy at saleen and was told it was for the supercharged saleen , my saleen isn't supercharged and then I was asked if the pullies were red and mines aren't. Being the 5 th owner I'm afraid that my pullies have been taken out. Is there anyway to tell if my car still has the pully upgrade without the pullies being red?
Old 07-22-2013

Please help! I need a new serpentine belt
Old 07-22-2013

weird, i ordered a saleen belt and part number is that same you listed. the belt i have on my car is not saleen oe and ill get the part number for you

what color do your pullies look like? my crank and water pulley turned a very dark red. and the crank pulley should have the stock crank bolted onto it so it may be hard to see, but can tell of course you belt is not on the stock crand and on saleen crank pullie. if you dont have the pullies youll just need the stock gt size belt

Bullitt manifold swap, longtubes, off road x pipe,borla atak, mgw short throw, 3.73 gears, h&r super sport springs

#00-484

Nick
Old 07-22-2013

Thanks00_saleen yes please get me a part# please.
Old 07-23-2013

hey man here you are

6pk2375

Bullitt manifold swap, longtubes, off road x pipe,borla atak, mgw short throw, 3.73 gears, h&r super sport springs

#00-484

Nick