The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 10-28-2006
SOEC Member

Default QUESTION ABOUT TIM ALLEN'S SALEEN

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THAT CAR WAS MADE AVAILBLE TO THE PUBLIC?
THERE IS ONE ON CARDOMAIN.COM THE GUY HAS ONE PIC AT A CAR SHOW. I THINK IT'S A ONE OFF CAR, AND I'D BE SURPRISED TO KNOW THEY SOLD IT.

Jason VIlla
'06 SALEEN SC S281 # 464 white/black
'93 Jeep Wrangler 4:1 5.13s 36s
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 10-28-2006
Administrator

Default Re: QUESTION ABOUT TIM ALLEN'S SALEEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-464
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THAT CAR WAS MADE AVAILBLE TO THE PUBLIC?
THERE IS ONE ON CARDOMAIN.COM THE GUY HAS ONE PIC AT A CAR SHOW. I THINK IT'S A ONE OFF CAR, AND I'D BE SURPRISED TO KNOW THEY SOLD IT.
Yes. It is a one-of-a-kind. The Saleen RRR.

Tim Allen let the car go if the mid-90s. A few of the Ford themed publications around that time printed the press release that the car (Casper) was available.

When the cable television show "Car & Driver" tested the TAD (Tim Allen Design) Cadillac Deville in the late ?90s or so, Tim in his comedic way spoke of his departed white Mustang and how the police could hear the car coming from miles away. I think he stated a police officer in Arizona bought it. I forget.

The car and Allen made good PR for Saleen Performance after the early '90s slump.
Old 10-28-2006
SOEC Member

THE ONE ON CARDOMAIN IS A 99. DO YOU THINK IT'S A CLONE OR DID THEY MAKE THIS CAR.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2283225
THAT IS THE ADD FOR THE PIC.
THANKS DAVE YOU KNOW ALL THAT IS SALEEN

Jason VIlla
'06 SALEEN SC S281 # 464 white/black
'93 Jeep Wrangler 4:1 5.13s 36s
'06 Ram 2500 5.9l
'12 VW Gli
5.0L Comp Buggy
20' flat bed trailer
Old 10-28-2006
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06-464
THE ONE ON CARDOMAIN IS A 99. DO YOU THINK IT'S A CLONE OR DID THEY MAKE THIS CAR.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2283225
THAT IS THE ADD FOR THE PIC.
THANKS DAVE YOU KNOW ALL THAT IS SALEEN
Thanks, but there are lots of people out there that know tons more than me.

I see there was some confusion, I assumed you were questioning the 1993 Saleen Mustang that Tim Allen had.

The vehicle linked in a street Saleen with race car graphics. Quickly flipping through The Saleen Book... I see 99-155 had race paint for the Pennzoil Corporation. (which goes well with the #55 race number)

My mind could be fuzzy, but I think I can recall a 'vert with race paint that was a pace car and a previous generation model that was a give-away.

Neat car.