The Saleen Forums at soec.org header image

Go Back   The Saleen Forums at soec.org > Saleen Mustang Discussions > 1999-2004 Saleen Mustang
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

1999-2004 Saleen Mustang For the SN-95 New Edge platform. Be sure to specify year, model and equipment if asking for help.

Old 01-09-2009
SOEC Member

Default 04 Saleen 281sc

Hi- I just picked up a 2004 Saleen 281sc Conv. I'm a new member to your site. The saleen is stock. I'm starting to upgrade it and made a list/plan. I just bought a new pulley from pulley boys (2.9) and a sc dipstick. Could someone please tell me what size the stock pulley is before I make the change. Thanx
Old 01-09-2009
Administrator

Welcome to The Saleen Forums @ SOEC Muzzy!

I believe the stock Saleen Series IV pulley is a 3.12.

Once again, welcome to the forums and we wish you the best with your new purchase!
Old 01-09-2009
SOEC Member

Thanx- I have two old mopars 69 Dart and 68 Charger and I'm having more fun with this saleen than the mopars. I can't believe how a little change like a pulley gives the car more HP.
Old 02-28-2009
Suspended Account

did you ever install the pulley? what boost level did the 2.9 achieve? im looking to run between 10-12lbs, anyone know what size i need?
Old 02-28-2009
SOEC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycho View Post
did you ever install the pulley? what boost level did the 2.9 achieve? im looking to run between 10-12lbs, anyone know what size i need?
If you go with the chicane 66mm pulley you'll run about 10lbs max. You'll need a tune and a fuel pump upgrade if you go with the smaller pulley.

Hey sycho...you ever get over to the "mainland?" I'm over near baltimore. We should cruise sometime.....

3.73 gears
Chicane 66mm Pulley
SCT custom tune
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
13" Brembo Brakes
LFP Heat Exchanger and Supertank
TorkTech Intake
SVT Cobra single blade TB
Chicane Intercooler
42lb injectors
90mm MAF
FPRP Aluminum Driveshaft
Maximum Motorsports LCA's, Subframes, Torque Arm, Panhard Bar, Steering Shaft, Front Control Arms and Aluminum Rack Bushings
MM Coilover kit with caster camber plates
Old 02-28-2009
Suspended Account

i plan to do the ford gt pump, and yeah, im in baltimore often, family is there. have to hook up sometime.
Old 03-03-2009
SOEC Member

I did change the pully (2.9). The car is in storage until spring so I just don't know yet but it seems to idle just fine. Also the belt is still tight. I think I made the right choice with the 2.9 pully. I talked to the guys at pully boys and said I see about a 2-2.5 pound gain... we will see soon!